S. Andrews leaves without an offer.

ARodJetsFan

Jets | S. Andrews leaves without a contract offer

Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:15:39 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports restricted free-agent OT Stacy Andrews (Bengals) left without a contract offer from the New York Jets. Andrews' agent, Richard Moran, said the team was "doing their homework."

By Tom Rock

Both of the restricted free agents who visited the Jets today left without an offer from the team. According to Richard Moran, the agent for Bengals OT Stacy Andrews, the Jets are “doing their homework.” But they have yet to turn in any term papers.

As for Randall Gay, the Patriots cornerback has departed from his visit with the Jets without signing or being presented with an offer sheet. That doesn’t mean one won’t be forthcoming from the Jets, but it could mean that the Jets are simply getting a jump on next year’s business for when Gay becomes an unrestricted free agent. Then again, the Jets may have just been poking the Patriots with a stick for a few days. Don’t forget, this story broke in a Boston paper.

This sucks. I thought this guy would have been a nice pick-up.

Maybe Mangini thought a 2nd rounder was too much compensation for a guy that's essentially been just back-up but still, I liked Andrews upside none the less.

How does it work if the Jets want the player but dont want to risk losing a second round pick? Perhaps the next step in the process is discussing a trade with the Bengals, then making a deal with Andrews?

Jets | S. Andrews leaves without a contract offer

Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:15:39 -0700

Tom Rock, of Newsday, reports restricted free-agent OT Stacy Andrews (Bengals) left without a contract offer from the New York Jets. Andrews' agent, Richard Moran, said the team was "doing their homework."

This sucks. I thought this guy would have been a nice pick-up.

Maybe Mangini thought a 2nd rounder was too much compensation for a guy that's essentially been just back-up but still, I liked Andrews upside none the less.

that's what kind of surprised me when I was watching Mike Tannenbaum a few weeks ago on SNY's Jets Nation-how they ARE actually looking at not only this year but next-kind of like a 2 year plan...so I agree with T-Rock's premise about future considerations

The organization must see something that we don't. I really do like him tho.

and here's another case of a player who even though he's been in the league for 4 years he hasn't been beaten up for 4 years so his football age is much younger

and here's another case of a player who even though he's been in the league for 4 years he hasn't been beaten up for 4 years so his football age is much younger

I like what your saying, but I heard something like he hasn't started much games at all in his career.

I like what your saying, but I heard something like he hasn't started much games at all in his career.

yea that's exactly my point Ghost he's started like 3 or 4 games filling in last season for an injured Bengal-I wouldn't know him if I bumped into him in an elevator with him in uniform-I trust the Jets do though-and this regime has shown this Jets fan they jknow what they want and how they want to go about getting it done and with whom...

yea that's exactly my point Ghost he's started like 3 or 4 games filling in last season for an injured Bengal-I wouldn't know him if I bumped into him in an elevator with him in uniform-I trust the Jets do though-and this regime has shown this Jets fan they jknow what they want and how they want to go about getting it done and with whom...

Yeah your right. I just think a 2nd round pick is too much for that type of player...

Don't you ?

Yeah your right. I just think a 2nd round pick is too much for that type of player...

Don't you ?

yea it's absolutely too high a price-and no WAY will they pay it-hell, they got Thomas Jones for a 2nd rounder plus I want MORE than the 6 picks we have and believe we will make deals to get more in 2 and 1/2 weeks

yea it's absolutely too high a price-and no WAY will they pay it-hell, they got Thomas Jones for a 2nd rounder plus I want MORE than the 6 picks we have and believe we will make deals to get more in 2 and 1/2 weeks

Yeah your right. We don't have a lot of Day 1 picks, I think we'll be trading for sure tho.

what is the time limit with these restricted free agents? when is the deadline to offer them a contract? is it possible to do it after this years draft? and give up a 2nd rounder next year?

April 20th is the offer sheet deadline

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends in a trade rather then a claim for a 2nd.

Cinci lost 2 receivers this offseason.

JMac and a 5th?

Perhaps they brought him in to talk contract.

To see if they could sign him

Nice thought but J Mac is virtually untradable the way his contract stands right now.

2.8 million I believe this year alone? That's a load for guy that's not even a legit # 3 receiver for us and the Bengals or up against the CAP this year as it is.

I think J Mac either restructures or gets cut.

A little update on OT Stacy Andrews.

Andrews update

Restricted free-agent Stacy Andrews, fresh off a visit with the New York Jets, is drawing interest from numerous clubs.

If he signs an offer sheet, the Bengals will likely match it.

Andrews is the Bengals' top backup guard/tackle. They have too much invested to let him get away.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2007/04/15/ddn041607inside.html

Archived