The Food Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I prefer ketchup if I don't go through the trouble of making some gravy. Gravy owns all toppings when it comes to meatloaf.

i agree, ,your original pix had katchup,,i would take gravy 1 then A1 2nd for meatloaf,,i hate katchup,,dont even use it on fries or burgers...

she fancies herself a witty retortist

BTW, Bubba, I don't fancy myself anything. Like TicTac says, it's FACT ;)

Funny story - I told the managing partner to go stick a bat up his arse today without actually saying it. It felt good. Managing partners stink. You a managing partner? :)

BTW, Bubba, I don't fancy myself anything. Like TicTac says, it's FACT ;)

Funny story - I told the manageing partner to go stick a bat up his arse today without actually saying it. It felt good. Managing partners stink. You a managing partner? :)

Hey garb, could you please direct these posts to the "jumped the shark" thread. We're talking about food here. Kay? Thanks!

K alk, i am going to give you a quick recipe here that will make you forget about your deep fried steak and bacon-fat gravy.

1 lb fresh fettucini pasta

1/4 cp extra virgin olive oil

yellow onion minced

4 ounces panchetta(italian bacon) or prosciutto- panchetta is preferred but if you can't find either of those use good quality bacon

3 egg yolks and 1/2 cup heavy cream, taken out and warmed to room temp

3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, at room temperature--try to get good fresh cheese, not the crap kraft stuff in the green can

Freshly ground black pepper--much better then packaged black pepper

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

toss oil and butter into pan over medium, then toss in meat and onions, cooking until unions are translucent and meat begins to crisp slightly. Be careful because it will crisp up like bacon which you do not want. Remove from heat and set to the side. Boil the fettucini in a large salted pot according to package directions for al dente. Drain the pasta, saving a small amount of liquid for later. Return the pasta to the pot and stir in meat/onion mixture over high until pasta is coated in mixture. In a bowl wisk the yolks and cream and then add to pasta along with cheese. Remove the pot from the heat and toss until it is well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If needed add a little of the reserved pasta water to help toss the pasta if it is dry. SERVE IMMEDIATELY

you tell me fried okra is better then that and and you have problems, lol

• 4 weeks later...
K alk, i am going to give you a quick recipe here that will make you forget about your deep fried steak and bacon-fat gravy.

1 lb fresh fettucini pasta

1/4 cp extra virgin olive oil

yellow onion minced

4 ounces panchetta(italian bacon) or prosciutto- panchetta is preferred but if you can't find either of those use good quality bacon

3 egg yolks and 1/2 cup heavy cream, taken out and warmed to room temp

3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, at room temperature--try to get good fresh cheese, not the crap kraft stuff in the green can

Freshly ground black pepper--much better then packaged black pepper

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

toss oil and butter into pan over medium, then toss in meat and onions, cooking until unions are translucent and meat begins to crisp slightly. Be careful because it will crisp up like bacon which you do not want. Remove from heat and set to the side. Boil the fettucini in a large salted pot according to package directions for al dente. Drain the pasta, saving a small amount of liquid for later. Return the pasta to the pot and stir in meat/onion mixture over high until pasta is coated in mixture. In a bowl wisk the yolks and cream and then add to pasta along with cheese. Remove the pot from the heat and toss until it is well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If needed add a little of the reserved pasta water to help toss the pasta if it is dry. SERVE IMMEDIATELY

you tell me fried okra is better then that and and you have problems, lol

Cabonara......nice. My favorite.

• 1 month later...

the new place of my obsession

800px-Reading_Terminal_Market_center_court.jpg

800px-RTM_Harry_Ochs.jpg

"Reading Terminal Market is an enclosed public market found at 12th and Arch Streets in downtown Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Over 80 merchants offer fresh produce, meats, fish, groceries, flowers, baked goods, crafts, books, clothing, and specialty and ethnic foods."

This place is the reason philly is the world's fattest city. Hershel's East Side Deli is freaking amazing. I ordered a brisket and horseradish sandwich there and they brought out this monstrosity that i could not eat in one sitting. i pride myself on gluttony but even if my leg was hollow i couldn't eat this thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
porterhouse-steak.jpg

went to friends fer ny's eve for a surf & turf. we caught the lobster ( cayman rock lobster not as good as maine lobster )that day. He bbq'd 3 t bones each about 4 to 5 inches thick. not sure where he got them but the 1st t bone i had in about 15 years

went to friends fer ny's eve for a surf & turf. we caught the lobster ( cayman rock lobster not as good as maine lobster )that day. He bbq'd 3 t bones each about 4 to 5 inches thick. not sure where he got them but the 1st t bone i had in about 15 years

4-5 inches thick???

what was it? a Brontosaurus?

fred_icebox.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Archived