The Food Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't believe nobody has brought up pancakes. I don't care for them myself. But has anyone had swedish pancakes? They're pretty good.

I had a Swedish pancake once It was almost as good as an Alabama Hot pocket, thought I think we're talking about two totally different things.

Can't believe nobody has brought up pancakes. I don't care for them myself. But has anyone had swedish pancakes? They're pretty good.

Never had swedish pancakes but dutch pancakes are the bomb. Kind of in the middle between a crepe and a traditional american pancake as far as thickness. And they put all different stuff in them when they pour the batter. The best was the ham and cheese. One trip in Amsterdam I ate nothing but those pancakes, belgium fries with war sauce from the manikin piss fry stall by the train station, and heinkeken.

Hey, pancakes are food too. We need Max here to tell his Sooth/pancake story again. That cracks me up every time.

You know, i have been around here for a long time, and even longer on JI before this site, but I don't know the story behind these pancake comments.

Never had swedish pancakes but dutch pancakes are the bomb. Kind of in the middle between a crepe and a traditional american pancake as far as thickness. And they put all different stuff in them when they pour the batter. The best was the ham and cheese. One trip in Amsterdam I ate nothing but those pancakes, belgium fries with war sauce from the manikin piss fry stall by the train station, and heinkeken.

I have a killer recipe for a dutch apple pancake. I make those every now and then. I haven't mastered swedish pancakes though probably because my wife makes them so well that there is no need for me to even try. They're so thin I'm sure I'd f#ck them up anyway. :lol:

Best Hamburger chain in USA

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

http://www.fiveguys.com/

in Jersey, NY, Ct. and Pa. now

They opened one up down here in Atl in my building, not that impressed, now a Porterhouse from Ruths Chris that is something memories are made of, also olive garden is horrible, but i do endorse Maggiano's especially the Fried Mozarella, also if you get to Atlanta go to Spondivits the best seafood in Atl

When I was younger I didn't like Onions but as I got older I fell in love them. Now I can't even think about eating my steak without my homemade onions.

These Onions are the best. I'm going to buy a thing to make my own jars and I will send them to who ever wants to try them. I know most of your would be horrified to eat anything I put in a jar but if you are willing to try them I will send you some.

Everybody who has every had them loves them and says I should sell them. I don't need to sell my food,just watching people eat and enjoy it makes me happy.

I saw this episode last week, I have to try this one!

BRAZILIAN COCONUT ROTISSERIE RIBS

With Piri Piri Relish

Source: Raichlen on Ribs by Steven Raichlen (Workman Publishing, 2006)

Method: Spit-roasting/rotisserie

Yield: Serves 4

Advance Preparation: 4 to 12 hours for marinating the ribs

FOR THE MARINADE:

1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (save the other half for the relish)

1/2 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (save the other half for the relish, recipe follows)

3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half

Fresh ginger (1-inch piece), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices

2 teaspoons coarse salt (kosher or sea)

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

3 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1/2 cup coconut milk or 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 bunch fresh cilantro (or parsley), washed, shaken dry, stemmed and finely chopped (reserve 3 tablespoons for the relish)

2 racks of baby back ribs (4 to 5 pounds)

Piri Piri Relish (recipe follows)

1. MAKE THE MARINADE: Place the bell pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade. Puree to a coarse paste by pulsing the machine. Pour the lime juice and the coconut milk in through the feed tube and pulse again to mix. Add half the cilantro and pulse the machine to mix.

2. Prepare the ribs. Remove the thin, papery membrane from the back of each rack of ribs: Turn a rack meat-side down. Insert a sharp implement, such as the tip of a meat thermometer, under the membrane (the best place to start is right next to the first rib bone). Using a dishcloth or pliers to gain a secure grip, pull off the membrane. Repeat with the other rack.

3. Place the ribs in a roasting pan. Pour the marinade over them, turning several times to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight

They opened one up down here in Atl in my building, not that impressed, now a Porterhouse from Ruths Chris that is something memories are made of, also olive garden is horrible, but i do endorse Maggiano's especially the Fried Mozarella, also if you get to Atlanta go to Spondivits the best seafood in Atl

uh, steak vs 5 guys,,different reviews,,

as far as burgers go, 5 guys is unreal.. they have won virtually all best of contests where they are located,, theyare basic old fashioned off grill burgers,, not the foofoo Red Robin stuff

What cookware do you guys like best, ,we have tried many but have settled on Calphalon ..

Right now I still cook with the Pampered Chef stuff that we got for our wedding but I have been pressing my wife to let me get a nice set of cookware. I was drooling all over the Emerilware at Bed Bath & Beyond a while back.

so you melt and forge it yourself? I am sure the cast iron is made by a Brand? You are just too goofy sometimes.

DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE? I SAID I DON'T CARE ABOUT BRANDS? that doesn't mean i made it myself, it means I DON'T CARE WHAT BRAND IT IS WHEN IM BUYING IT.

What cookware do you guys like best, ,we have tried many but have settled on Calphalon ..

My friend has a full set of that. It's good stuff, but his girl is an Italian national and she thinks it's crap. It took us hours to convince her it is good. I think she only uses stuff that is 50 years old and older.

My friend has a full set of that. It's good stuff, but his girl is an Italian national and she thinks it's crap. It took us hours to convince her it is good. I think she only uses stuff that is 50 years old and older.

haha,, funny,,,

Archived