The Food Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah I did, hence the question. :rolleyes: . apparently he ain't too keen on giving up the brand though

brand? lowryder

seriously though, i don't really care about brand names of anything. like i already said, as long as its cast iron, i don't care who made it.

Banana pudding. Warm of chilled..

I vote chilled, just the way Elvis liked it

Original_NILLA_Banana_Pudding.jpg

Hey Sj...try this one....

Ingredients

Angel food cake

Vanilla Pudding

3 Fresh Peaches (Sliced )

Fresh Strawberries (Sliced)

Get a nice high glass bowl and fill it like this

angel food cake

pudding

angel food cake

pudding

peach slices

strawberries

Now you can make these in individual servings just use a clear plastic cup. I like the clear because it looks nice with the different layers.

Ingredients

Angel food cake

Vanilla Pudding

angel food cake

pudding

angel food cake

pudding

peach slices

strawberries

Now you can make these in individual servings just use a clear plastic cup. I like the clear because it looks nice with the different layers.

sounds great,,,

Ingredients

Angel food cake

Vanilla Pudding

angel food cake

pudding

angel food cake

pudding

peach slices

strawberries

WTF??? First the bawling, now recipes??? I think it's time for an intervention!

:eek::eek::eek:

Olive Garden is a total bastardization of my heritage. NEVER EVER refer to Olive Garden as Italian food. One trip to Italy will blow your mind dude if you think a deep fried hamburger is heaven. Italians taught the world how to eat.

Well said.

I go to Italy every year summer (southern part), the care in preparation and choosing of fresh ingredients is through the roof. The damn rest stops along the highways have better food than Olive Garden. Although I will say this, I do like their "zuppa toscana" which I have modified to create my own version (it's a light cream broth with more towards broth and it has ground spicy sausage and potatoes, can't go wrong with that combo).

Well said.

I go to Italy every year summer (southern part), the care in preparation and choosing of fresh ingredients is through the roof. The damn rest stops along the highways have better food than Olive Garden. Although I will say this, I do like their "zuppa toscana" which I have modified to create my own version (it's a light cream broth with more towards broth and it has ground spicy sausage and potatoes, can't go wrong with that combo).

Ha. **** the Olive Garden. I'm living that dream every day. Pic woudln't post right. Christmas Eve 2006, grilled Orata, Italian sardines, skewered shrimp, spaghetti ala vongole, stuffed mushrooms. Oh, and a salad. It was just the two of us, so she didn't go all out. Don't forget to let me know when you head back, Raffy.

Ruth's Criss is damn good. But the best-

Peter Lugar, These guys will not be nice.I'm pretty sure the guy on the left rebuked my mom for asking for a menu.This picture is nonsense; these are the nastiest Germans you will meet. No matter-it's forgiven. This picture is nonsense. But you will have the best steak in the world.

http://peterluger.com/

cover-rev01a.jpg

time to make 50 min 15 min prep

3 lbs beef roast or chuck roast or beef brisket

1 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ginger

2 teaspoons salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 onions, sliced

1 clove garlic, diced

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup red wine (or cider vinegar)

1 cup water

4 bay leaves

And lots of potatoes that get glazed in the brown sugar

Yum Yum with biscuits

I don;t really measure when I cook so you guys will have to figure that on your own. Here's a nice shrimp and pasta dish I make:

Buy medium sized fresh raw shrimp with shells on, 1 lb if your normal-3 if you're smizzy.

Peel the shrimp and save the shells. in a medium sauce pot bring salted water to a boil and put the shrimp shells in the water and simmer covered for about 45 minutes. In aonther pan bring olive oil up to temperature and add garlic, onions, freshly chopped/peeled/seeded/ tomoatoes, basil, orgeano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, and any herb or spice you so desire. Add white hine once up to heat and reduce. when shrimp water is ready, remove the shell and thoroughly strain the liquid down to a broth. add that stock to the tomato mixture and simmer uncovered until stock is reduced to half. Once the mixture is reduced, add light cream until the mixture is a darker pink color. Let it simmer for a little while and season to taste. While that's all going on, coat the raw shrimp in olive oil and fresh chopped oregano(add red pepper flakes if you like it a little hot). Slat and pepper and then skewer them and throw them on a hot grill until cooked through. Add shrimp to the sauce and them toss it with your favorite pasta. Serve it to a hot chick and plan to get laid very shortly.

Ruth's Criss is damn good. But the best-

Peter Lugar, These guys will not be nice.I'm pretty sure the guy on the left rebuked my mom for asking for a menu.This picture is nonsense; these are the nastiest Germans you will meet. No matter-it's forgiven. This picture is nonsense. But you will have the best steak in the world.

http://peterluger.com/

cover-rev01a.jpg

I love those guys! "How do you want your steaks?" Me: "medium rare," Smitty "Medium," Big A: "Rare,' Frank: "well done." Waiter, pointing at each of us: "Okay, rare, rare, rare rare. Coming right up!"

Archived