Do not use the Eagle's payroll service

faba

Eagles gave Westbrook bonus twice accidentally

td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }April 14, 2007

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Brian Westbrook received an extra $3 million from the Philadelphia Eagles in an accounting error. The star running back intends to pay the team back after getting his roster bonus twice. However, the Eagles filed a grievance with the NFL against Westbrook because the money hasn't been repaid yet, a team spokesman said Saturday. Westbrook finished last season with a career high of 1,217 rushing yards and was sixth in the NFL with 1,916 yards from scrimmage. He signed a five-year contract extension worth $24.9 million during the 2005 season.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Brian Westbrook received an extra $3 million from the Philadelphia Eagles in an accounting error. The star running back intends to pay the team back after getting his roster bonus twice. However, the Eagles filed a grievance with the NFL against Westbrook because the money hasn't been repaid yet, a team spokesman said Saturday. Westbrook finished last season with a career high of 1,217 rushing yards and was sixth in the NFL with 1,916 yards from scrimmage. He signed a five-year contract extension worth $24.9 million during the 2005 season.

What a scumbag Westbrook is..he knew they made a mistake and over paid him..and he wasn't going to do anything until they caught it..a couple hundred dollars I could see..but a couple million dollars? he's a scumbag

What a scumbag Westbrook is..he knew they made a mistake and over paid him..and he wasn't going to do anything until they caught it..a couple hundred dollars I could see..but a couple million dollars? he's a scumbag

I doubt he even knew for awhile that they paid him twice... thats what his "handlers" are for. Plus he had his problems with the Eagles before he signed his contract extension in Nov 2005.

"I'm not angry; I'm diappointed," Westbrook said. "From my side, it feels as though I'm not being appreciated. I think everybody notices what I bring to this team; but at the same, the Eagles management have not stepped up to the plate and said, 'since you bring this, that and the other to the table, here's your reward for that."

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=34355

Still, he is a scumbag....:evilgrin0031-1:

He'sa scumbag because the payroll dept made a mistake? LOl...you guys are funny.

He's a scumbag because after he knew it was a mistake and the team asked for the money back, he didnt pay and the team had to file a grievance to get him to pay it back, which he still hasnt done.

If your company paid you too much money and asked for the overpayment back, you would drag your feet in repaying them? Sure, they could take it out of your next check, but his next check isnt until September...

Thats where my problem lies... he is a scumbag. So is his agent. I hope he gets hurt and misses the season and gets cut next year

It's called stealing,I'm glad you're amused. :rolleyes:

Westbrook's bookkeeper/accountant prolly doesn't reconcile his accounts until month end at which point they will also prove out any payments against any known contracts. Most likely this is just a mistake that was not caught and corrected yet. I'm sure it will get paid back.

They gave him the money, how is that stealing?

WTF?

The money isn't his,can you comprehend that? they over paid him by 3 million dollars and he kept it,and is dragging his feet paying it back..what do you call that?a loan?:rolleyes:

Westbrook's bookkeeper/accountant prolly doesn't reconcile his accounts until month end at which point they will also prove out any payments against any known contracts. Most likely this is just a mistake that was not caught and corrected yet. I'm sure it will get paid back.

Thats bull****..Westbrook is a big boy..he should step up and take some responsibilty..he never forgets to whine when he feels he's under paid.

Thats bull****..Westbrook is a big boy..he should step up and take some responsibilty..he never forgets to whine when he feels he's under paid.

That is how it works in the business world. Things don't happen overnight. If you overpaid the company I work for there is a chance it will not be caught and paid back for atleast a month or two, maybe even three. What are you so angry about? The Eagles have a right to receive interest for the time period Westbrook is holding the payment and if it is not paid back soon he will go to jail. Like I have said Westbrook's people are prolly trying to reconcile everything. Westbrook himself prolly has no freakin idea how much is in his accounts on a day to day basis.

First, I would cut the controller / accounting head of the Eagles.

Sad to say, but four out of five employees would keep the money.

You go to jail for keeping that money.

Yes whomever is responsible should be disciplined though. Most likely it was a breakdown in the whole accounting system though. Otherwise they have no controls. Which is another problem all together and then the Controllers problem.

That is how it works in the business world. Things don't happen overnight. If you overpaid the company I work for there is a chance it will not be caught and paid back for atleast a month or two, maybe even three. What are you so angry about? The Eagles have a right to receive interest for the time period Westbrook is holding the payment and if it is not paid back soon he will go to jail. Like I have said Westbrook's people are prolly trying to reconcile everything. Westbrook himself prolly has no freakin idea how much is in his accounts on a day to day basis.

I know how the business world works.and most of the time,whining bitches like Westbrook are usually given their walking papers after making ultimatums.I understand your point of view..I'm more upset at the mind set of these guys who have never worked in the real world.

I know how the business world works.and most of the time,whining bitches like Westbrook are usually given their walking papers after making ultimatums.I understand your point of view..I'm more upset at the mind set of these guys who have never worked in the real world.

Not always. It depends really. Plenty of whiney overpaid bitches in the real world too.

What I am saying, most employees would not report the overpayment to the company. Employees know when they are overpaid, they complain when the paycheck is short by $1.

I agree with that 100%. And it works in the reverse way too. If the company you work for shorts your pay by a little bit they aren't always going to say jack either.

Whining bitch? He probably was underpaid. The article says he intends to pay the team back. If he were on the Jets we wouldn't be bad mouthing him because some ****head sent his check out twice.

I think he doesn't have the money anymore. These guys with salaries in the

stratosphere use money to make money. They are not like the average guy

who may put a couple of bucks in the bank and wait till the end of the month

to see what the interest is.

They have people who invest their money for them. Now its entirely possible that

his financial advisor got the money didn't realize the mistake and said to Westy

that there were a couple of auto dealerships that he could buy at a good price

and was told to go ahead.

The problem could have arose when the Eagles told him they overpaid and now

he's not liquid. Doesn't have 3 million in the bank gathering dust. He's trying

to get it back someway and that's probably what the holdup is.

I could be all wrong just giving a scenario.

I think he doesn't have the money anymore. These guys with salaries in the

stratosphere use money to make money. They are not like the average guy

who may put a couple of bucks in the bank and wait till the end of the month

to see what the interest is.

They have people who invest their money for them. Now its entirely possible that

his financial advisor got the money didn't realize the mistake and said to Westy

that there were a couple of auto dealerships that he could buy at a good price

and was told to go ahead.

The problem could have arose when the Eagles told him they overpaid and now

he's not liquid. Doesn't have 3 million in the bank gathering dust. He's trying

to get it back someway and that's probably what the holdup is.

I could be all wrong just giving a scenario.

My question in this whole thing is why did they file a grievance against him? Is there some sort of issue between them that caused this to go public... I doubt the Eagles would want the public to know they are retarded when it comes to handling money.

My question in this whole thing is why did they file a grievance against him? Is there some sort of issue between them that caused this to go public... I doubt the Eagles would want the public to know they are retarded when it comes to handling money.

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=48475

Westbrook Intends to Repay $3 Million

ComcastSportsNet.com

Comcast SportsNet

Talent differential?

Of course there is. But Westbrook had the same knocks on him ocming out of Villanova that Washington ddid and does. You wait and watch him have a huge season this yr.

You remember where you heard it first:winking0001:

Of course there is. But Westbrook had the same knocks on him ocming out of Villanova that Washington ddid and does. You wait and watch him have a huge season this yr.

You remember where you heard it first:winking0001:

I think Washington is our best RB.

He's just not better than Westbrook.

I'm sure he is going to give it back. He didn't steal anything.

That's the point! you're sure..but that means nothing.

Whining bitch? He probably was underpaid. The article says he intends to pay the team back. If he were on the Jets we wouldn't be bad mouthing him because some ****head sent his check out twice.

Yes! Whining bitch! 3 ML dollars is a lot of moolah! right?

If he is such a scumbag, I hope the Eagles decide to rid their team of his cancerous ways and trade him to the Jets for Thomas Jones and a pack of bubblegum.

Funny!=D>:lol:

But that's not the point! oh,nevermind!:bs:

Archived