Was D'Brick a mistake?

KINGDIRK

Just heard Mel Kiper and Chris Mortenson comparing DBrick to Joe Thomas. Both agreed they would rather have Thomas. No big deal. But what did bother me is that Mort said that DBrick will struggle to get his weight even close to 300 pounds. This guy needs to be closer to 320, not 290. Will it ever happen? Can you play All Pro caliber football at the LT position at 295 pounds?

Just heard Mel Kiper and Chris Mortenson comparing DBrick to Joe Thomas. Both agreed they would rather have Thomas. No big deal. But what did bother me is that Mort said that DBrick will struggle to get his weight even close to 300 pounds. This guy needs to be closer to 320, not 290. Will it ever happen? Can you play All Pro caliber football at the LT position at 295 pounds?

1. Your a bandwagoner for liking the Mavericks.

2. No, he isn't.

Mel Kiper is barely human, don't listen to him. Brick is gonna be able to bulk up, He's not gonna hit 320 this year but he'll be able to build up and get closer and closer.

its mmqb, last year D'brick was the end all to be all. Now its Thomas. Next year it will be someone else.

Look at what the experts have said over the last 2 years with Gallery and Williams.

don't despair.he has already weighed in at 310 lbs.

When I first looked, I thought your name was JETSRooster, don't know why, but that'd be awesome. I'd say brick will be playing at close to or at 320 next season if that is the weight he needs to be playing at.

Is there any better name in Pro Football then D'brickshaw?? Anyone out there is free to PM about the time in 10th grade that my High School's genius AD scheduled a scrimmage against Freeport..D-shaw hit me so hard I thought I was going dying...true story

Actually, it's not a bad point. I was watching some football special and regarding o-linemen they raised a really good point about how DE's have morphed into super fast and agile players. Meanwhile, the LT's kept getting bigger and bigger to their own detriment and couldn't block the new breed of DE's. The LT's need to become closer to the 305-310 range and be nimble like a cat given what they're going against now.

Actually, it's not a bad point. I was watching some football special and regarding o-linemen they raised a really good point about how DE's have morphed into super fast and agile players. Meanwhile, the LT's kept getting bigger and bigger to their own detriment and couldn't block the new breed of DE's. The LT's need to become closer to the 305-310 range and be nimble like a cat given what they're going against now.

Which brick is gonna be able to do perfectly.

I guess b/c there isnt really much else to it (i did the whole PM thing for dramatic effect, haha) a lot of pain is what I felt...the post below regaridng the evolution of the LT, pick up the book "the blind side" by michael lewis. great book all about it

It's hard to really judge him right now. If Mcneil didn't have such a great year. Not to mention brick wasn't even the best lineman on our team he would have been considered better.

That he wasn't the best lineman on our team last season is not really a knock. We have, arguably, the best young center in the game in Mangold.

That he wasn't the best lineman on our team last season is not really a knock. We have, arguably, the best young center in the game in Mangold.

No I wasn't trying to knock him because we got really good center and it was a good value pick. Had we got just Brick the spot light would have shown just on him. But with Mangold doing so well at arguably a harder position to play it stole some of Bricks thunder.

Archived