Mets - Cubs Tonight

vanDoug

5 runs in the bottom of the ninth- great comeback. Cub problems in the bullpen continue- go get them White Sox this weekend.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of big 9th inning comebacks in MLB lately? Does anyone have a good bullpen anymore?

I should be angry.

I should be really &^%$#@! angry.

But I'm just numb to these guys.

In the daytimer I carry around with me to meetings at work I write the Cubs season record to date on the top of the page. If they're below .500, it's in red ink, if they're above it's in blue.

Not much freakin blue ink happening.

Hey Lou, get angry.

I should be angry.

I should be really &^%$#@! angry.

But I'm just numb to these guys.

In the daytimer I carry around with me to meetings at work I write the Cubs season record to date on the top of the page. If they're below .500, it's in red ink, if they're above it's in blue.

Not much freakin blue ink happening.

Hey Lou, get angry.

I..... I just.... I just can't believe............... sure I believe that happened. It's the Cubs.

I..... I just.... I just can't believe............... sure I believe that happened. It's the Cubs.

Sorry about that VanDoug and NJ- good luck now that you guys are done with the Mets against the White Sox.

With the lineup we had I thought no way we would win this game.

Sorry about that VanDoug and NJ- good luck now that you guys are done with the Mets against the White Sox.

With the lineup we had I thought no way we would win this game.

Are you coming out for the August Mets series buddy?

NJ, I can't speak for faba, but my Dad and I are planning to come to Wrigley for the weekend series. We'll definitely be there Friday and Saturday, and possibly Sunday.

Cool Man - T-Mac and some others will be out. We'll have to hook up.

Incidentally, we'll be going to the Mets @ Brewers game on Thursday night, then driving to Chicago for the series. That's the plan at this point, at least.

Met a couple from Chicago that were here for the marathon a couple weeks back. They said great things about Miller Park in Milwaukee. Sounds like a nice option for seeing some games close to Chicago.

Met a couple from Chicago that were here for the marathon a couple weeks back. They said great things about Miller Park in Milwaukee. Sounds like a nice option for seeing some games close to Chicago.

That was the idea. Originally we were just going to go to Chicago for the weekend, but noticed that series going on before it. I have yet to be to Miller Park (or the state of Wisconsin, one of about 23 states I haven't been to yet, for that matter), and am excited to see a game there.

I've had the good fortune to attend 3 games at Wrigley; 2 against the Giants in, I think, 1996, and a a Reds-Cubs game when Sosa was going for the HR record in 1998 (Sosa went 0-4 with 3 K's that day). Wow, has it been that long?

That was the idea. Originally we were just going to go to Chicago for the weekend, but noticed that series going on before it. I have yet to be to Miller Park (or the state of Wisconsin, one of about 23 states I haven't been to yet, for that matter), and am excited to see a game there.

I've had the good fortune to attend 3 games at Wrigley; 2 against the Giants in, I think, 1996, and a a Reds-Cubs game when Sosa was going for the HR record in 1998 (Sosa went 0-4 with 3 K's that day). Wow, has it been that long?

Cool.

I'm off to Seattle tomorrow for a couple Padres/Mariners games.

Safeco Field is one of the best ballparks I've been in. They did it right.

:cheers:

Archived