Marvin Lewis -is he serious with this?

faba

Lewis: My guys being profiled

They 'stand out,' he says on radio

By Kevin Goheen

Post staff reporter

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said on a national radio interview Wednesday that he believes local law enforcement profiles his players.

Lewis, speaking on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio, used wide receiver Chris Henry's incident with Cincinnati police on March 25 as an example. Henry was stopped at 1100 Vine St. on March 25 for failing to use a turn signal. Henry was subsequently issued citations for driving without a license and failing to wear a seatbelt.

All of the citations were later dropped.

"I think there's profiling, no question," Lewis said. "We're (Cincinnati) a small place - our guys stand out, and they know that, and you've got to do things the right way. But when you are arrested for, or you are pulled over for, not putting on your turn signal, there's something wrong there.

"Many people make right turns without putting on their turn signals and it's unfortunate that we've had a guy that's pulled over for not putting on his turn signal."

Lewis did not return a phone message from The Post Wednesday evening seeking further comment.

Officers from the Cincinnati police public information office were not available for comment Wednesday evening.

while he did offer an apology later, I can't stand it when the race card comes into play in situations like that.

remember when jesse jackson went into sears & complained that all the washing machines were white? the store clerk replied, yes sir but if you lift the lid you'll see all the agitators are black ;)

while he did offer an apology later, I can't stand it when the race card comes into play in situations like that.

remember when jesse jackson went into sears & complained that all the washing machines were white? the store clerk replied, yes sir but if you lift the lid you'll see all the agitators are black ;)

Lewis later released a statement claiming that he did not mean to imply race in the slightest regard, and I happen to believe him. I think he was talking about the fact that they are public figures and stick out like a sore thumb in Cincy, KY. (i mean ohio, barely).

I guess when Henry was arrested in Orlando, the OPD was tipped off by the CPD

Yeah, using a player that's trying to get arrested in every state as an example of how his players are profiled probably wasn't the best of ideas :)

Here's an idea for the Cincy Bengal players:

Stop breaking the law.

Thats it. All you have to do is follow the law and the cops will leave you alone. Whether you like it or not, not using your turn signal is breaking the law.

You are under a microscope as an athlete in a minor city, so behave.

Oh, and Marvin, stop making excuses and start demanding your players to follow the law.

Enough of the blame game.

Archived