Broncos signed Sam Adams

SoFlaJets

Broncos | Team signs S. Adams

Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:47:58 -0700

Updating a previous item, the Denver Broncos announced Monday, June 4, that they have signed free-agent DL Sam Adams (Bengals). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

One less fat guy for the JETS to sign...

I think he is washed up... but would have made a great backup...

I'm just glad the Pats didn't get him-why does it seem we make the least amount of moves of any team in the league? The Broncos are always signing and trading and picking up FAs and such-where DO they get the $$$$?

I keep seeing good defensive teams putting bodies on the roster. You can kind of see that the jets did the same thing with de and olb. We could have a different player for 4 downs on those 4 positions. I would like to see some more bodies in the middle of our defense though. As far as him being an old fat guy, I think he would be the best or at least equal to anything we have at NT.

Not that this makes a huge difference, but there are now 4 extremely strong teams in the AFC, in New England, Denver, San Diego, and of course, the defending champs, Indianapolis. Now, take Brady, Cutler, LT, or Manning off their respected teams due to injury, and its a completely different story, but its just amazing at the talent difference in the NFL between the NFC and AFC. I really think New Orleans is the only NFC team that could make the playoffs in the AFC.

Not that this makes a huge difference, but there are now 4 extremely strong teams in the AFC, in New England, Denver, San Diego, and of course, the defending champs, Indianapolis. Now, take Brady, Cutler, LT, or Manning off their respected teams due to injury, and its a completely different story, but its just amazing at the talent difference in the NFL between the NFC and AFC. I really think New Orleans is the only NFC team that could make the playoffs in the AFC.

What about the Bears? I know Grossman sucks but they have an excellent defense and a good running game plus Griese may wind up starting at some point next season and he'd be a significant upgrade at QB.

I think B-more is going to be a powerhouse again next season too, at least during the regular season. They lost Adalius Thomas on defense but adding McGahee and Ben Grubbs on offense made up for it.

I think the Saints are pretty much a one-shot wonder. Their offense should still be really good, but they are built too much like the Bengals to have sustained success. Their back seven on defense is pretty pedestrian. If McNabb can remain healthy, I think the Eagles are probably the class of the NFC. The 49ers should be very good if Alex Smith continues to develop. And the Rams would be great if they only had a defense.

I'm just glad the Pats didn't get him-why does it seem we make the least amount of moves of any team in the league? The Broncos are always signing and trading and picking up FAs and such-where DO they get the $$$$?

One reason we make less moves may be that the Jets lost NOTHING this offseason. I think the only guys we lost that started games were Blaylock, Askew and Barlow and we've significantly upgraded at RB. This is despite the fact that Mangini seemed to start different guys all the time.

I'm not bothered by not getting Sam Adams. He's the kind of guy that probably wouldn't be able to practice and would therefore need some special treatment. He might be an upgrade performance-wise as backup DT, but he doesn't fit the philosophy. This isn't the "just win baby" Raiders. I had a big fight about this with somebody, but nevermind.... it was oktaren.

One reason we make less moves may be that the Jets lost NOTHING this offseason. I think the only guys we lost that started games were Blaylock, Askew and Barlow and we've significantly upgraded at RB. This is despite the fact that Mangini seemed to start different guys all the time.

I'm not bothered by not getting Sam Adams. He's the kind of guy that probably wouldn't be able to practice and would therefore need some special treatment. He might be an upgrade performance-wise as backup DT, but he doesn't fit the philosophy. This isn't the "just win baby" Raiders. I had a big fight about this with somebody, but nevermind.... it was oktaren.

I understand we don't want that raider mentality on the Jets, but I really think we need more behind D rob then Mosely and Pouha. I would like the backup to even be able to push d rob for playing time. I love the you have to compete for your job thing. but, it's not much of a competition with those two behind d rob.

I understand we don't want that raider mentality on the Jets, but I really think we need more behind D rob then Mosely and Pouha. I would like the backup to even be able to push d rob for playing time. I love the you have to compete for your job thing. but, it's not much of a competition with those two behind d rob.

I agree. I'd like to see the best players we can get. Particularly at NT. I just couldn't see this regime going away from their core philosophy for a guy like Sam Adams. Not enough upside for not enough years. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Sam Adams is a "Raiders" or "Bengals" style player, but I don't think he'd be able to practice at 100% for long. Besides, I don't think Adams played much if any 3-4 NT.

Archived