What team has the best fans???

wallerstein

According to a ranking on rankopedia, the NFL teams with the best fans are

1) The Green Bay Packers

2) The Pittsburgh Steelers

3) The Denver Broncos

The Jets are only 29th... What do you think?

In the 97 super bowl there was a lot of talk over who had better fans, GB, or Den.

Denver won the game so it must be them. :confused0058:

go pack :)

Since 95% of the Steelers's fans were bandwagon jumpers, and 100% of them are ****ing morons, I would say 3 is a little high.

I'll go with the Dolphins or Cardinals.

Exactly. In 04 i spent most of my time watching the jets at a local sports bar, as soon as the steelers were showing signs of being good, the rooms were filled with black and yellow. towards the end of the season i could have swore i was in pittsburgh.

Their fan base blows.

1 GB

2 Den

space

space

space

3 San Fran

One of my coworkers claims to be a diehard Steelers fan. So I asked him to name 5 players on the team. Just five. He started with Ben, then got Polamalu, and then paused. I said "what about Porter?" and he said "Yeah, Joey Porter". So I told him he plays for the Dolphins now. So then I said "what about Bettis?" and he said "Yeah, Jerome Bettis". So I told him he retired after the Super Bowl win. Then I started running down the Jets' roster including the backup offensive lineman and he got pissed off and walked away.

The sad part is that he wasn't a Steeler "fan" until they got hot towards the end of the year of their SB run. People like that just really piss me off.

One of my coworkers claims to be a diehard Steelers fan. So I asked him to name 5 players on the team. Just five. He started with Ben, then got Polamalu, and then paused. I said "what about Porter?" and he said "Yeah, Joey Porter". So I told him he plays for the Dolphins now. So then I said "what about Bettis?" and he said "Yeah, Jerome Bettis". So I told him he retired after the Super Bowl win. Then I started running down the Jets' roster including the backup offensive lineman and he got pissed off and walked away.

The sad part is that he wasn't a Steeler "fan" until they got hot towards the end of the year of their SB run. People like that just really piss me off.

:shake: Yes, very much that bothers the chit out of me too. You get it in my area with bear fans. Hell i know more bears than some of these bums do.

How does a team (jets) with a sold out stadium and waitlist 20 years long end up at 29? Heck, it is new yorks "second" football team and you can't even buy tix. Total crap. Where do the teams like the dolphins who get there home games blocked on tv because nobody goes to the game rank on this list?

Total crap! 29 out of 32? Who is worse then us?

EDIT

oh just looked, this is something were people vote online, meh, who cares, meaningless.

crazy.

My brothers are both die hard Dolphin fans, but those are few and far between down here. Most of them are bandwagon fans.

My oldest brother hit me with the "Oh if you're such a Jet fan, then name 12 players". He was pretty shocked when I rattled them off without hesitation !

Jet fans should be ranked up in the top 5 IMHO. We hang in there year after year even though its been a hell of a long time since our super bowl win.

Although this list is crap due to the method in which it was formed, the subject is quite fun. The Jets must rank near the top because, as joebabyny mentioned, there are not a whole bunch of organizations out there that are sold out 20 years in advance. Moreover, the Jets have not won a SB since '69 and yet, the fan-base remains extremely loyal. The Jets have organized yells; okay so our fans can spell the team name, but it does not sound near as ridiculous as the eggggggles! Jets fans are the real deal! Hell, just look at how many posts some of us have...

Since 95% of the Steelers's fans were bandwagon jumpers, and 100% of them are ****ing morons, I would say 3 is a little high.

I'll go with the Dolphins or Cardinals.

The Dolphins games are always half-filled with Jets fans when they play us down there, and the rest of their games the place is half-empty. Seems other folks have beaten me to this. Anyway, Jason Taylor has belly-ached loudly about this for years. Even Saban blamed the fans and their lack of support (way weak on his part to blame the fans for his team's poor play, but still).

My cousin will be down there doing his "Stupid ass Jets chant." Remember that brilliant rant? "Stupid ass Jets fans and their stupid ass Jets chant." There were flyers all over the Meadowlands Parking Lot, and the stupid ass Jets fans crucified him with our stupid ass Jets chant all game long. Taylor, he always gives us ammunition, that crybaby. Hehe.

The Dolphins games are always half-filled with Jets fans when they play us down there, and the rest of their games the place is half-empty. Seems other folks have beaten me to this. Anyway, Jason Taylor has belly-ached loudly about this for years. Even Saban blamed the fans and their lack of support (way weak on his part to blame the fans for his team's poor play, but still).

My cousin will be down there doing his "Stupid ass Jets chant." Remember that brilliant rant? "Stupid ass Jets fans and their stupid ass Jets chant." There were flyers all over the Meadowlands Parking Lot, and the stupid ass Jets fans crucified him with our stupid ass Jets chant all game long. Taylor, he always gives us ammunition, that crybaby. Hehe.

I thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious.

Would love to know what qualifies as best fans but I am sure a good starting point would be attendance when your team is out of it late in the season in nasty weather.... Packers and Bills fans would have to rank high...as for the Jets fans, not surprised they are in the second tier...the true fans they do have are loyal and fierce but too many NY fans switch between Jets Giants Cowboys and the hot team for the year

I would list them like this:

1. Packers

2. Bills (I've been there once)

3. Steelers (I've been there twice)

Crazy, dedicated & drunken fans. They care way too much!

After that it's a wash. You really can't include huge metro areas like NY, Chicago, Boston, Philly, etc.

For us that follow teams in those City's we have the luxury of falling back on our MLB, NBA & NHL teams when times are tough.

We are all huge football fans here but we all know people who will jump on the Rangers, Yankees, Red Sox, 76ers, etc bandwagons when times are tough with our respective football teams.

I would list them like this:

1. Packers

2. Bills (I've been there once)

3. Steelers (I've been there twice)

Crazy, dedicated & drunken fans. They care way too much!

After that it's a wash. You really can't include huge metro areas like NY, Chicago, Boston, Philly, etc.

For us that follow teams in those City's we have the luxury of falling back on our MLB, NBA & NHL teams when times are tough.

We are all huge football fans here but we all know people who will jump on the Rangers, Yankees, Red Sox, 76ers, etc bandwagons when times are tough with our respective football teams.

I don't quite understand your logic (which is pretty good most of the time, might I add). I'm less of a Jets fan 'cuz I have my Yankees to root for? The meadowlands is still packed with people, even on a losing season, and the wait for season tickets is like forever. What makes Packer fans better fans? Because they don't have a basketball team to root for?

I don't quite understand your logic (which is pretty good most of the time, might I add). I'm less of a Jets fan 'cuz I have my Yankees to root for? The meadowlands is still packed with people, even on a losing season, and the wait for season tickets is like forever. What makes Packer fans better fans? Because they don't have a basketball team to root for?

I didn't express my thoughts very well. Jets & Pats fans are both great. We sell out our Stadiums and have waiting lists stretching for decades. We also show up in terrible weather and love our teams no matter what.

The Packers have to be #1. I went to Green Bay on business about 9 years ago. It was February and all I saw were Packers flags & bumper stickers on every car and business. The lead story on the Sports segment on the news was about the Packers!

I respect the Bills & Steelers fans because I've been to those Stadiums and have seen the passion first hand.

"Who has the best fans?" That's a question no one can answer.

I just wanted to give my opinion.

I didn't express my thoughts very well. Jets & Pats fans are both great. We sell out our Stadiums and have waiting lists stretching for decades. We also show up in terrible weather and love our teams no matter what.

The Packers have to be #1. I went to Green Bay on business about 9 years ago. It was February and all I saw were Packers flags & bumper stickers on every car and business. The lead story on the Sports segment on the news was about the Packers!

I respect the Bills & Steelers fans because I've been to those Stadiums and have seen the passion first hand.

"Who has the best fans?" That's a question no one can answer.

I just wanted to give my opinion.

I hear ya, mate :cheers:

We used to paint our snow green and gold with food coloring. when they were in the super bowl years, you could go up and down streets in la crosse and see nothing but green and gold (we are on the far west side of the state). I think we got the idea from GB, when we'd see news flashes of the neighborhoods that were just buried in packer colors.

It was a pretty wild time for a 14 year old who had never seen a winning wisconsin team.

We used to paint our snow green and gold with food coloring. when they were in the super bowl years, you could go up and down streets in la crosse and see nothing but green and gold (we are on the far west side of the state). I think we got the idea from GB, when we'd see news flashes of the neighborhoods that were just buried in packer colors.

It was a pretty wild time for a 14 year old who had never seen a winning wisconsin team.

I don't doubt you at all. I would love to go to a Packers game at Lambeau.

I went to New Orleans when the Pack played the Pats in the Super Bowl and did not hear one negative comment from Packers fans (they out numbered us 8-2) apart from "I can't believe there are Pats fans here!"

Great fans.

Maybe it was the mention of the Cardinals fans that hid the sarcasm, as we are all aware of their tremendous loyalty...

Of course, it never hurts to throw in one of these: :sarc:

lolSC is the standard accepted way of denoting sarcasm on JN, get with the program boys, lolSC.

I thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious.

Glad you cleared that up.

I thought you had lost your mind.

Phins fans are the worst.

They have a small core of die hard fans. The rest of them are bandwagon types, who lived in NY Boston, or Philly, were crappy fans of the teams in their home area, moved to Florida, and because the Dolphins had "The Don" then, and were a very good, consistent team, became "hard core" Fins fans.

Now that the Fish suck, they want to root for their old teams.

Worst type fans

Archived