Lions winning more than 10?

lawngnome o-line

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2914874

The Detroit Lions haven't had a winning record since 2000 and haven't won 10 games since 1995. That's all going to change in 2007, according to quarterback Jon Kitna.

Appearing on WDFN-AM in Detroit on Thursday, Kitna predicted that the Lions will win more than 10 games this season. The Lions were 3-13 in 2006.

In March, Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games in 2007, but after seeing the team's schedule he adjusted his prediction -- higher.

"I'll keep to myself what I think we actually will win. But it's more than 10 games," Kitna said.

Part of the reason for Kitna's optimism is Calvin Johnson, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans," Kitna said. "He's everything that they said he was and more."

....? Jon Kitna, please let me know when you've got a good defense, a supporting cast that aren't vags who are hurt for half the year or don't have Matt Millen as your GM still

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2914874

The Detroit Lions haven't had a winning record since 2000 and haven't won 10 games since 1995. That's all going to change in 2007, according to quarterback Jon Kitna.

Appearing on WDFN-AM in Detroit on Thursday, Kitna predicted that the Lions will win more than 10 games this season. The Lions were 3-13 in 2006.

In March, Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games in 2007, but after seeing the team's schedule he adjusted his prediction -- higher.

"I'll keep to myself what I think we actually will win. But it's more than 10 games," Kitna said.

Part of the reason for Kitna's optimism is Calvin Johnson, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans," Kitna said. "He's everything that they said he was and more."

....? Jon Kitna, please let me know when you've got a good defense, a supporting cast that aren't vags who are hurt for half the year or don't have Matt Millen as your GM still

They do play 4 preseason games... so if you include those they have a chance!

It's possible. Not probable, but it is possible.

GBx2

Minnyx2

Oakland

KC

Washington

Tampa

Arizona

Giants

Even Dallas could be had, if Romo is a one year wonder.

They could easily be 8-8 with their schedule.

I could see Detroit winning 10. I think their offense is going to breakout big time. The question is whether their defense will do anything.

Like with the Jets, people tend to always sell them short. Like the Jets, when they atart winning, people will line up to jump on their bandwagon!

Someone needs to tell Kitna to STFU!

Having your QB out there predicting the number of wins for the season in a disaster of a franchise? Man... the signs this year in the stadium are going to be priceless.

BZ

Why?

I would rather have the QB set the bar high then some BS I hope we win more then 3 games.

Yes, it puts a target on them, but it can also make them bond and become a "us vs the world" thing. Rally the team to prove everyone wrong.

Archived