Would you all still root for the New York Jets... If they were called NJ Jets?

Because Jersey is a dump... Its worse enough we have to play in New Dump city

Why the hate on New Jersey? We are all Jet fans no matter where we live- no reason to bash a certain section.

Why do you wanna think about the past? Herm is gone, get over it...

So is Martin (finally). So is Namath. So are lots of former Jets that people have in their avatars & signatures. Is Barton required to change his username when Eric Barton's off the team?

Then this gets potw nominated by someone with Mark Gastineau as his sig pic. That makes sense.

How about this: if you don't like it then shut avatars off in your control panel. It will then cease to bother you.

The hate of New Jersey is un-real. There are more Jets fans in New Jersey then there are in New York, you can tell in every way, including by walking around the parking lots on gamedays and seeing all the NJ liscense plates, traffic on the NJ turnpike, etc.

The hate of New Jersey is un-real. There are more Jets fans in New Jersey then there are in New York, you can tell in every way, including by walking around the parking lots on gamedays and seeing all the NJ liscense plates, traffic on the NJ turnpike, etc.

There are far more jets fans in NY, cmon joe. They play in jersey, so you'll see plenty of jersey plates because its closer for jersey people than to go from LI all the way to jersey. Not to mention, Jersey has loads of eagles fans, not just jets/giants like NY.

There are far more jets fans in NY, cmon joe. They play in jersey, so you'll see plenty of jersey plates because its closer for jersey people than to go from LI all the way to jersey. Not to mention, Jersey has loads of eagles fans, not just jets/giants like NY.

Barton, I like you, but you wouldn't know if there were more in NJ or NY, there are more in NJ easily and we can throw the people who attend the games. Are you saying it's a walk in the park for people who live in Central or South Jersey to drive 2 or 3 or more hours to the game and then sit in traffic for hours on the way back? I won't blame you because you don't know, but its the truth.

Jersey does not have as many Eagle fans as you want to believe. Maybe in Central there are a good amount, but not all around.

The Jets may be king of LI, but the Giants are king of NYC and NYC out numbers LI.

Barton, I like you, but you wouldn't know if there were more in NJ or NY, there are more in NJ easily and we can throw the people who attend the games. Are you saying it's a walk in the park for people who live in Central or South Jersey to drive 2 or 3 or more hours to the game and then sit in traffic for hours on the way back? I won't blame you because you don't know, but its the truth.

Jersey does not have as many Eagle fans as you want to believe. Maybe in Central there are a good amount, but not all around.

The Jets may be king of LI, but the Giants are king of NYC and NYC out numbers LI.

You are more in touch with locals, as I am in florida. But you have to bring up better facts than "well there's more jersey plates at the games, so there must be more jersey fans"

Do you go around counting NY and NJ plates? :lol:

And how about when the games were at shea? Logic says there were likely more NY plates there than NJ plates, so there must have been more NY Jets fans in the 80's than NJ fans, right?

The total population of the state of NY, compared to NJ pretty much automatically means there are more Jets fans in NY than NJ.

There are countless teams in all major sports that play in a stadium in the suburbs and go by the name of the big city they are near. The meadowlands are closer to city hall than Shea and Yankee stadium, thats why they are the New York Jets, as in NYC, not the state. Anyway, as long as they are in the NYC metro area I would always root for them. If they moved to LA it would be awfully tough. BTW I am from NJ.

You are more in touch with locals, as I am in florida. But you have to bring up better facts than "well there's more jersey plates at the games, so there must be more jersey fans"

Do you go around counting NY and NJ plates? :lol:

And how about when the games were at shea? Logic says there were likely more NY plates there than NJ plates, so there must have been more NY Jets fans in the 80's than NJ fans, right?

The total population of the state of NY, compared to NJ pretty much automatically means there are more Jets fans in NY than NJ.

Wow, this is the first intelligent post I've seen Barton make.:P

Archived