PARKING

Shadetree

Anyone see the article in Newsday yesterday??

NO TAILGATING in the off-site parking lots??? What a freakin' nightmare.

No tailgating?? Know what that means?? If the JETS don't compete there will be many eaten tickets this year.

If they do compete (which I fully expect they will), do you realize how many games will kickoff with 30,000 fans outside the stadium trying to get in??

No tailgating?? Know what that means?? If the JETS don't compete there will be many eaten tickets this year.

If they do compete (which I fully expect they will), do you realize how many games will kickoff with 30,000 fans outside the stadium trying to get in??

Get over as early as you can. If that means parking and walking, so be it. There would not be enough room for the non-season ticket holders to tailgate in the off-site parking lots so this is no surprise to me.

I posted a few months ago when this parking pass thing came out that i was pretty sure there would be no tailgating in the offiste lots, so this is no surprise. Now the second thing i questioned, what time will they start running buses to the stadium? If they start 4 hours before gametime then that is ok, you will be able to take the bus over and meet up with someone in the lot to tailgate. But if not, you will either need to walk if that is possible, or be beat on the whole tailgate thing.

I have a parking pass and always have extra beer in the keg, so if anyone finds themselves with no parking pass and no party to crash, they are welcome to swing by our way.

Get over as early as you can. If that means parking and walking, so be it. There would not be enough room for the non-season ticket holders to tailgate in the off-site parking lots so this is no surprise to me.

What parking & walking, the site is located in Wycoff near the Red Bulls new stadium off route 17 - a little over two miles north of the stadium.

So, lets do the math:

If you do not have a parking pass, you have to take the bus.

If you take the train to Secaucus, you have to take the bus.

If you have a parking permit, you can tailgate - but only in the space provided.

= If you want to tailgate, you have to get there early, take the bus & eat at the JETS owned tailgate. Unless you're in 16-h - They will still have their own space "AWAY" from the parking area.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the non-permit parking area will cost you $20.00 per game.

I wish i was a season ticket holder from Jersey with parking issues.

Just sayin'

I wish I wasn't blessed with the curse of the irish. Just saying.

Neither wish is gonna get us in the stadium without a parking pass, lol.

I wish i was a season ticket holder from Jersey with parking issues.

Just sayin'

So you would not be pissed if you had season tickets and no right to park in the lot? Dude, I hear what you are saying about not everyone here even has the luxury of being able to go to the games, but think about it, you have a friend with 4 tix, he sells you one, he lives nowhere near you so you are on your own to get to the game. So you have a season ticket, but no rights at all to actually park in the stadium lot, you would not be pissed? Obviously there really is no way around it with the construction, but that doesn't mean people can't be pissed.

So you would not be pissed if you had season tickets and no right to park in the lot? Dude, I hear what you are saying about not everyone here even has the luxury of being able to go to the games, but think about it, you have a friend with 4 tix, he sells you one, he lives nowhere near you so you are on your own to get to the game. So you have a season ticket, but no rights at all to actually park in the stadium lot, you would not be pissed? Obviously there really is no way around it with the construction, but that doesn't mean people can't be pissed.

Joebaby... you should have one of you girls run shuttles for JN fans in the Hummer! :lol:

They can be pissed but within reason. They will still be able to attend the game, they will just have to park away from the stadium and take a shuttle bus to and from that parking lot. Honestly, I don't see what the ****ing big deal about it is. You're still going to end up in that exact parking lot and you will end up at the game. If you want to be at the stadium parking lot early, show up to that desiginated parking lot early. If the shuttle isn't leaving until 2 hours prior to kickoff, walk the 2 miles, it has been done before in this country believe it or not. When I was younger I used to walk on highways, 3 or 4 miles each way, everyday one summer, walking is not too difficult. Plus, you would only have to walk one way. You can take the shuttle back after the game.

They can be pissed but within reason. They will still be able to attend the game, they will just have to park away from the stadium and take a shuttle bus to and from that parking lot. Honestly, I don't see what the ****ing big deal about it is. You're still going to end up in that exact parking lot and you will end up at the game. If you want to be at the stadium parking lot early, show up to that desiginated parking lot early. If the shuttle isn't leaving until 2 hours prior to kickoff, walk the 2 miles, it has been done before in this country believe it or not. When I was younger I used to walk on highways, 3 or 4 miles each way, everyday one summer, walking is not too difficult. Plus, you would only have to walk one way. You can take the shuttle back after the game.

HAHAHA, I am sure the troopers will love the nomads in green jersey walking along the shoulder of the highways, dragging coolers, lol!!

There are many times when tailgating is the best part of the game. If you are in a satellite lot you cannot even do that...so basically you need a friend to have a pass and able to cart all of the stuff for your entire party...talk about a pain in the a$$. If you do not have a friend with a pass you are screwed.

Within reason is a good point Joe. I think talking about it on a message board a few weeks before the season starts is within reason.

Eventually we will have to just merge all the parking threads with the why do pats fans post here. But for now this is certainly a good topic. Luckily for you and I we are not impacted. But I can see how others are going to be upset.

There are many times when tailgating is the best part of the game. If you are in a satellite lot you cannot even do that...so basically you need a friend to have a pass and able to cart all of the stuff for your entire party...talk about a pain in the a$$. If you do not have a friend with a pass you are screwed.

:eek:

I need a friend for the day!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me you are looking at the wrong jets site- get the person with your crappy tickets from last time.

They weren't crappy seats, actually - just ask GG. Although we did have to sit next to "TIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!" All game long, I turn to GG and scream, "TIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMYYYYY!" without fear since "TIIIIIMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY" had those gazoo-like head-sets on. What a goober. You had to be there, but that was some funny stuff. GG and I had a blast. Well, me more than her. My team won. ;)

Within reason is a good point Joe. I think talking about it on a message board a few weeks before the season starts is within reason.

Eventually we will have to just merge all the parking threads with the why do pats fans post here. But for now this is certainly a good topic. Luckily for you and I we are not impacted. But I can see how others are going to be upset.

Im pissed off because I finally got my GF into going to JETS games... it was already a pain in the ass for someone like me to come down from CT... (traffic and I dont know the area)... but it was worth it... I dont know if its worth it now... I guess unless I buy the ticket & parking pass.... but will that even be worth the mayhem???

Like I have heard a lot of people say... my big screen is looking mighty appealing...

Yeah, now you are just cry babies who don't read and are late to the party.

This just in: Ticket prices are above $5 a ticket!

BZ

Ok, here's another one: Drive in with a trailer or in an RV - $60.00 extra per game (paid at the gate) with the prepaid - NO RV's at the Lyndhurst location!

I am so glad Foxjet & I got the pass!

Ok, here's another one: Drive in with a trailer or in an RV - $60.00 extra per game (paid at the gate) with the prepaid - NO RV's at the Lynhurst location!

I am so glad Foxjet & I got the pass!

The Classic Harley rig costs $45,034 for one year of parking. That is not fair.

Alright I just made that up. But I was never one to let facts get in the way! :box:

Alright I just made that up. But I was never one to let facts get in the way! :box:

Thank God I researched that rate from the Meadowlands own site before I posted!

The Harley rig guys should just put up another 500 million to buy the whole complex.

Thats about where Im at... (I just upgraded)... its not the same... but how much stress is going to a game worth?

Exactly. I live 150 miles from the stadium. When I had season tix, I'd leave at 7 a.m. so I could hang with the 16-H guys for a couple hours before a 1 p.m. game. I'd get home sometime after 8 p.m. Shift all that by three hours for a 4 p.m. game.

I scaled back to about two games a year because it was just too much work to do more. If they're going to make it this much harder, I can skip all that trouble, save a bunch of money and watch on TV.

I've got my eye on a 50-inch LCD.

Exactly. I live 150 miles from the stadium. When I had season tix, I'd leave at 7 a.m. so I could hang with the 16-H guys for a couple hours before a 1 p.m. game. I'd get home sometime after 8 p.m. Shift all that by three hours for a 4 p.m. game.

I scaled back to about two games a year because it was just too much work to do more. If they're going to make it this much harder, I can skip all that trouble, save a bunch of money and watch on TV.

I've got my eye on a 50-inch LCD.

But Bob you will not get to see us Jet fans -the real reason to hang out for the comraderie and drinking!

But Bob you will not get to see us Jet fans -the real reason to hang out for the comraderie and drinking!

Agreed, Frank. I may still try to get to a game if I can get a parking pass, but I'm not about to drive 150 miles to get on a damned bus.

Agreed, Frank. I may still try to get to a game if I can get a parking pass, but I'm not about to drive 150 miles to get on a damned bus.

Technically Smizzy could take a little bus the entire way there. Check with him maybe he will pick you up.

Technically Smizzy could take a little bus the entire way there. Check with him maybe he will pick you up.

Aren't all the Jets buses going to be of ther short yellow variety? The driver will be JBF - he has experience with the emotionally distraught and those who have difficulty focusing and conforming. I think he called him SPEDS. Thing is, I'm not sure JBF would make it out alive.

I was down on Long Island this weekend and saw the season ticket package at my parents house. There was a pamphlet on the parking situation for this year. Since I dont have the pamphlet in front of me, I am doing this from memory:

1. Satellite parking is $25.

2. No tailgating

3. Bus drop off area is by lot 17, in the southeast corner of the stadium complex.

4. No large objects on busses (coolers...)

5. Busing starts 4 hours before kickoff.

6. After games it should take 1 and 1/2 hours to complete bussing.

So for me, Id rather drive to Long Island and pay the $8.00 for tolls and meet up with my tailgate than drive to the stadium, pay $25 for a lot 2 miles from the stadium, get dropped off 2 miles from where we tailgate (by the arena).

This is going to be great!!!

Archived