****The Official Rutgers University Thread****

BP

Oh, my bad. Team 117 of 117.:P

The point is, aside from Louisville and West Virginia it's a cupcake schedule for Rutgers, a team who should have to face harder opponents.

Cincy and USF are cupcakes? Cincy just DESTROYED the no 3 team in the pac 10 last year. And if you can call mich st a hard game (it might be for a terrible ND team this year) I can call Maryland a hard game.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Cincy the team that you think can be in the Top 25? Lol!

Since when did the Pac-10 aside from USC and Cal become a conference full of champions? Oregon has a nice offense, but no defense. Oregon State? Nothing to write home about.

Is Cincy the team that you think can be in the Top 25? Lol!

Since when did the Pac-10 aside from USC and Cal become a conference full of champions? Oregon has a nice offense, but no defense. Oregon State? Nothing to write home about.

Well considering that Oregon St got top 25 votes last week and Cincy blew them off the field, yes i would expect them to get votes and probably be ranked.

They are mediocre at best this year. And Buffalo is D1 too. Whats your point?

I think 124's point is that Rutgers will not be taken seriously outside of New Jersey until they start putting real teams on their out of conference schedule.

Opening the season with 5 straight home games against Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk State, Maryland & Cincinnati isn't exactly the hardest schedule in the world.

That's 4 straight against crappy non-conference opponents.

I think 124's point is that Rutgers will not be taken seriously outside of New Jersey until they start putting real teams on their out of conference schedule.

Opening the season with 5 straight home games against Buffalo, Navy, Norfolk State, Maryland & Cincinnati isn't exactly the hardest schedule in the world.

That's 4 straight against crappy non-conference opponents.

If they weren't taken seriously they wouldn't be the 15th ranked team in the country. Rutgers is FAR from the only good team who doesn't play great NC opponents and they had no way of knowing when they scheduled this maryland game that they were gonna be bad.

If they weren't taken seriously they wouldn't be the 15th ranked team in the country. Rutgers is FAR from the only good team who doesn't play great NC opponents and they had no way of knowing when they scheduled this maryland game that they were gonna be bad.

Rutgers has 8 home games and only 4 road games this season. The #15 ranking is a joke.

Rutgers has 8 home games and only 4 road games this season. The #15 ranking is a joke.
It might be a joke to you but nothing has happened to make them drop since they ended last year at 12. Is WVU's ranking a joke too? They play 7 home games. Even BC plays 7 home games. Give me a frigging break.

It might be a joke to you but nothing has happened to make them drop since they ended last year at 12. Is WVU's ranking a joke too? They play 7 home games. Even BC plays 7 home games. Give me a frigging break.

Here are BC's 5 road games:

Georgia Tech

Notre Dame

Virginia Tech

Maryland

Clemson

Here are Rutgers 4 road games:

Syracuse

Connecticut

Army

Louisville

The Rutgers schedule is a joke.

Here are BC's 5 road games:

Georgia Tech

Notre Dame

Virginia Tech

Maryland

Clemson

Here are Rutgers 4 road games:

Syracuse

Connecticut

Army

Louisville

The Rutgers schedule is a joke.

Why is it Rutgers' fault that Syracuse and Uconn suck? They are conference games. Louisville is better than any team BC plays all year.

I'm talking about Louisville who beat the best team in the ACC last year and brought back basically the same team.

Last year. That explains everything.

Louisville and Rutgers are living on last years results with their rankings this year.

So is every other team. The teams that have "good" wins this season can be counted on 1 hand.

BC went 10-3 last year but weren't ranked in the Top 25 this year until they beat Wake Forest last week.

They beat Clemson, Florida State & VaTech last year.

Rutgers should not be ranked until they play and beat bona fide 1-A teams.

BC went 10-3 last year but weren't ranked in the Top 25 this year until they beat Wake Forest last week.

They beat Clemson, Florida State & VaTech last year.

Rutgers should not be ranked until they play and beat bona fide 1-A teams.

You want a pat on the back for beating an overrated 0-2 Wake team or a garbage NC state team? Come on. Navy is probably better than NC State at this point. A navy team that by all rights should've beat BC last year and that rutgers blew off the field.

You want a pat on the back for beating an overrated 0-2 Wake team or a garbage NC state team? Come on. Navy is probably better than NC State at this point. A navy team that by all rights should've beat BC last year and that rutgers blew off the field.

BC is 2-0 against ACC teams. Rutgers is 2-0 against Buffalo and Navy.

I'm sure you will be pumped when Rutgers beats Norfolk State next weekend as BC travels to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech.

Rutgers is a joke.

BC is 2-0 against ACC teams. Rutgers is 2-0 against Buffalo and Navy.

I'm sure you will be pumped when Rutgers beats Norfolk State next weekend as BC travels to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech.

Rutgers is a joke.

You were 3 QB Kneels away from losing to Navy who Rutgers beat 41-0. Who's the joke? Just because the acc Sucks and plays conference games at the start of the season that doesn't make those mediocre wins any better.

You were 3 QB Kneels away from losing to Navy who Rutgers beat 41-0. Who's the joke?

Can we talk about 2007 please? You seem content living in 2006. Hooray for Rutgers beating Louisville last year. If I'm not mistaken they lost to Cincy the next week.

BC's Head Coach quit before the Bowl Game. That might have had something to do with the teams performance in the game against Navy.

Can we talk about 2007 please? You seem content living in 2006. Hooray for Rutgers beating Louisville last year. If I'm not mistaken they lost to Cincy the next week.

BC's Head Coach quit before the Bowl Game. That might have had something to do with the teams performance in the game against Navy.

Cincy. Another Big East team (with a quality win) who would destroy BC heh.You said Rutgers is living on last year. I said you're right and so are most other teams.

Cincy has a top 5 D in the country as Oregon state found out.

Everyone knows the Beavers are a power. Not.

Like every Big East team Cincy opened their schedule against a cream puff (SE Missouri State), hosted a crap team from the pacific northwest, and will play Miami of Ohio, Marshall and San Diego State in their next 3 games.

I can't believe you think Cincy is a good football team.

Everyone knows the Beavers are a power. Not.

Like every Big East team Cincy opened their schedule against a cream puff (SE Missouri State), hosted a crap team from the pacific northwest, and will play Miami of Ohio, Marshall and San Diego State in their next 3 games.

I can't believe you think Cincy is a good football team.

Oregon St was the 3rd best team in a good Pac 10 last year. You writing off that win is typical of someone with an agenda. Cincy is a very good team and they will be a handful for anyone who plays them.

Archived