Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ECURB

The 2,000th person to post in this thread wins!

Recommended Posts

2000 was a nice round number.

Funny thing is, any number is within ecurb's reach.

..and it's ratchet! Don't you have spell check? :bag:

How are we ever going to get to 2,000 posts in this thread with ecurb gone?

You guys are rough!

Glad I could spread the whoring... :lol:

I am actually not even close to being the biggest whore for once!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is full of some low down dirty whores. I need penicillin right now just being in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aye !!!

Is that the Incredible Bulk?

Gimme $250, and I'll bang that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harish-Chandra character

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In mathematics, the Harish-Chandra character of a representation of a semisimple Lie group G on a Hilbert space H is a distribution on the group G that is analogous to the character of a finite dimensional representation of a compact group.

Definition

Suppose that π is an irreducible unitary representation of G on a Hilbert space H. If f is a compactly supported smooth function on the group G, then the operator on H

05ce9c5fe7168ae769be4d35cfd7aacc.png is of trace class, and the distribution

2cf976c72d568c87bb33ff82aab62aa4.png is called the character (or global character or Harish-Chandra character) of the representation.

The character Θπ is a distribution on G that is invariant under conjugation, and is an eigendistribution of the center of the universal enveloping algebra of G, in other words an invariant eigendistibution, with eigenvalue the infinitesimal character of the representation π.

Harish-Chandra's regularity theorem states that any invariant eigendistribution, and in particular any character of an irreducible unitary representation on a Hilbert space, is given by a locally integrable function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since everyone else has little to add...I'll add something intelligent.

Global Warming isn't real.

There is no hole in the Ozone layer.

95% of southern hicks who say they've been abducted have had anal probes...the other 5% were just interrogated under a harsh light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...