Why the wait with Revis? ....Noon- 8/15

Or maybe now theyve reached an agreement on everything but the length of the contract.

funny, but I think it's just the opposite. They've reached agreement on the length of the contract, which was the main sticking point and are now negotiating everything else which is just a matter of time.

For all we know, the contract could be getting reviewed for approval by the league office right now, and since this deal is supposedly a "creative" one, it may take more time to be accepted by the NFL and NFLPA.

This could be the case. Tanny seemed to give credit to a couple underlings for coming up with a "creative" solution in one article. I look forward to seeing what exactly it is.

funny, but I think it's just the opposite. They've reached agreement on the length of the contract, which was the main sticking point and are now negotiating everything else which is just a matter of time.

Ya, your probably right...Im just always a pessimist when it comes to this stuff (guess it comes with the territory of being a die hard Jets fan).

For all we know, the contract could be getting reviewed for approval by the league office right now, and since this deal is supposedly a "creative" one, it may take more time to be accepted by the NFL and NFLPA.

I think that you have provided the right answer. IMO he will sign by 6 PM tonight.

I think that you have provided the right answer. IMO he will sign by 6 PM tonight.

It looks as if you may be right...Cimini says in his latest blog that Revis is not with the team in the dorms or out on the field, but he IS in the building as of this afternoon....

My guess and my hope is that he's there to sign and get his physical over with once they get approval from the NFL.

Still no announcement on the Darrelle Revis signing, but don't worry, it's coming.

Before practice, Eric Mangini said they're "pretty close" to a deal. Revis isn't on the practice field, but I'm told he's in the building.

This is a complex contract and it's probably taking a while for approval from the NFL management council.

- Rich Cimini

Well, its 2pm (the start of practice) and still no Revis developments since last night.

Looks like Cimini had this one wrong.

Why you would look anywhere else I am not sure. JetNation told you it was going to be Thursday. Sure we don't brag and reveal our sources. But even if he signed we were told he wasn't going to practice until next week.

Now it looks like he might be there tomorrow and will be with the team for the game on Friday. But like we said nothing is happening until Thursday. His first real practice will be next week.

http://www.jetnation.com/?p=1022

Why you would look anywhere else I am not sure. JetNation told you it was going to be Thursday. Sure we don't brag and reveal our sources. But even if he signed we were told he wasn't going to practice until next week.

Now it looks like he might be there tomorrow and will be with the team for the game on Friday. But like we said nothing is happening until Thursday. His first real practice will be next week.

http://www.jetnation.com/?p=1022

You do too reveal your sources...

"from various conversations...WITH THE VOICES IN MY HEAD."

Alright I just got back from the future and here's what's gonna happen there will be an announcement with around 2 minutes to go in the 1st half that Darrelle Revis has been signed at which point they will be having Mike Tannenbaum as the half time guest to talk about it

Archived