Brady Quinn

jetsman1

Did anyone happen to see the highlights of Brady Quinn tonight??He looked very poised in the pocket and seemed to have a good grasp of the Browns offense with what little time he has been in camp.

His numbers were:

B. Quinn 13/20 155 2 0

Three of his incompletions came on spikes to stop the clock.He only played the last 9:26 of the 4th quarter.

Good job by Quinn tonight against 3rd and 4th stringers.

It reminds me of when he used to pad his stats against Army and Navy.

Lol, I was going to mention the same exact thing. Even Pennington would of threw 2 TD's against that D.

they're both gunna have crappy NFL carreers...But at least Vince Young was able to win some big games... (Ohio St., USC). I think Brady Quinn was like 1-6 or something against teams in the top 25.

USC OWNED ND during the Quinn era.

QUINN WINS OVER THE FANS

Not long ago, Browns rookie quarterback Brady Quinn was close to becoming persona non grata (thanks, Tiki) in Cleveland, due to a protracted holdout and the horribly misguided decision prior to training camp to charge a minimum of $75 for his autograph.

But those days are gone forever following Quinn's stirring debut in a Saturday night game against the Lions. Playing from behind, Quinn passed on every snap during his two fourth-quarter touchdown drives, completing 13 of 20 throws. Four of the 20 attempts that didn't result in receptions were clock-killing spikes.

Highlights of Quinn's performance are available right here.

One of the efforts saw the Browns cover 92 yards in less than two minutes. It wasn't quite "The Drive," but it was enough to make fans think that Quinn could be Cleveland's long-awaited answer to the guy who authored it more than 20 years ago.

And at a time when the other Browns quarterbacks are playing like the brown stuff that might be found on the floor of the Dawg Pound, the outcry for Quinn could begin, soon.

"I can sit here and say he had a limited offense, but they're going to be encouraged by what they saw," coach Romeo Crennel said after the fame. "Their best guys weren't in there, but ours weren't either. Let them get excited, but we still will do what we feel is best for this team."

Translation -- Quinn won't be the Week One starter. But unless Charlie Frye and/or Derek Anderson step it up soon, Quinn might be thrown into the fire earlier than expected, especially in light of the fact that his holdout prompted most observers to assume that he wouldn't play at all in 2007.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I never liked Quinn but I was impressed by what he did last night! Simply amazing!

QUINN WINS OVER THE FANS

Not long ago, Browns rookie quarterback Brady Quinn was close to becoming persona non grata (thanks, Tiki) in Cleveland, due to a protracted holdout and the horribly misguided decision prior to training camp to charge a minimum of $75 for his autograph.

But those days are gone forever following Quinn's stirring debut in a Saturday night game against the Lions. Playing from behind, Quinn passed on every snap during his two fourth-quarter touchdown drives, completing 13 of 20 throws. Four of the 20 attempts that didn't result in receptions were clock-killing spikes.

Highlights of Quinn's performance are available right here.

One of the efforts saw the Browns cover 92 yards in less than two minutes. It wasn't quite "The Drive," but it was enough to make fans think that Quinn could be Cleveland's long-awaited answer to the guy who authored it more than 20 years ago.

And at a time when the other Browns quarterbacks are playing like the brown stuff that might be found on the floor of the Dawg Pound, the outcry for Quinn could begin, soon.

"I can sit here and say he had a limited offense, but they're going to be encouraged by what they saw," coach Romeo Crennel said after the fame. "Their best guys weren't in there, but ours weren't either. Let them get excited, but we still will do what we feel is best for this team."

Translation -- Quinn won't be the Week One starter. But unless Charlie Frye and/or Derek Anderson step it up soon, Quinn might be thrown into the fire earlier than expected, especially in light of the fact that his holdout prompted most observers to assume that he wouldn't play at all in 2007.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I never liked Quinn but I was impressed by what he did last night! Simply amazing!

Ya he did well against 7th rd picks and undrafted FA's trying to make the team. The guy was drafted in the 1st rd and was supposed to be a top 10 pick! The fact is Quinn couldn't touch any defense that could not be mistaken for a joke in college and in the NFL even the worst defenses are just as good if not better then the best college defenses. Brady Quinn may just as well be named Tim Couch the 2nd IMO, because their NFL carreers will be identical.

Ya he did well against 7th rd picks and undrafted FA's trying to make the team. The guy was drafted in the 1st rd and was supposed to be a top 10 pick! The fact is Quinn couldn't touch any defense that could not be mistaken for a joke in college and in the NFL even the worst defenses are just as good if not better then the best college defenses. Brady Quinn may just as well be named Tim Couch the 2nd IMO, because their NFL carreers will be identical.

Yeah,he played in the 4th against sub-par competition,but he also played with sub-par players in doing so too.

As far as not doing well against big time defenses,sometimes you need to have some help from players around you and Notre Dame has such high academic standards that the playing field wasn't usually equal when it came to talent.

Quinn didn't play with great players at Notre Dame because they don't recruit guys that can't even read or write coming out of high school,like Deion Sanders.Those type of guys end up at the Florida States,Miami,and Ohio States of the NCAA.

:rl::rl::rl:

Yeah,he played in the 4th against sub-par competition,but he also played with sub-par players in doing so too.

As far as not doing well against big time defenses,sometimes you need to have some help from players around you and Notre Dame has such high academic standards that the playing field wasn't usually equal when it came to talent.

Quinn didn't play with great players at Notre Dame because they don't recruit guys that can't even read or write coming out of high school,like Deion Sanders.Those type of guys end up at the Florida States,Miami,and Ohio States of the NCAA.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

...someone else respond...im about to bust a gut. :rl:

The truth is a funny thing,isn't it?:)

By the way,I'm a Penn State fan.

I dont care what kind of fan you are...the FACT is that Brady Quinn has never won a big game in his life! Dont give me the BS that ND has no good football players...How do you suppose they've made a name for themselves as a football dynasty if they cant recruit good players? Oh, and BTW, schools like Michigan and Wisconsin are also very good schools and they still find a way to recruit...

:rl::rl::rl:

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

...someone else respond...im about to bust a gut. :rl:

I dont care what kind of fan you are...the FACT is that Brady Quinn has never won a big game in his life! Dont give me the BS that ND has no good football players...How do you suppose they've made a name for themselves as a football dynasty if they cant recruit good players? Oh, and BTW, schools like Michigan and Wisconsin are also very good schools and they still find a way to recruit...

Wisconsin and Michigan DON'T have the same ACADEMIC STANDARDS as schools like Penn State,Notre Dame,or Stanford.

As far as winning big games,what big games did Peyton Manning,John Elway,or Dan Marino ever win in college??

Is Notre Dame really that good academically? I know Vandy doesn't really recruit very hard, but Cutler still distinguished himself and I'm sure his supporting cast was much worse than Quinn's.

Yes,much like Penn State,Stanford and Duke,they have higher academic standards than the NCAA requires for it's scholarship players.You can be academically eligible under the NCAA guidelines and still not be acceptable to these schools.Coaches have had players they wanted to recruit that were above the NCAA standard but were turned away because they didn't meet the schools standards.

This is why I'm so impressed with Dukes basketball teams year in and year out.I hate them,but it is impressive they are that good considering their standards.

As far as the "great numbers" for Quinn. Mop-up duty only counts for ESPN (just out and out desperate), desperate fans (yeah, Cleveland fans are desperate for anything positive) and Golden Dome-heads and closet Golden Dome-heads (who think Brady got the shaft at the draft). Quinn had a lot of advantages over other QB's in the draft: a pretty weak schedule, offensive genius head coach, the ND tradition and mystique and guaranteed exposure as ND has its own network outlet for its games. Yet when the scouts and NFL people got to know him he really didn't stand out enough to warrant being picked in the Top 20. Some of it was situational but some teams that could have used a QB still passed on him. I think he is going to be the next Ryan Leaf. Even Tui has been pretty good during mop-up duty.

Quick hits from around camp

TOM ROCK

August 19, 2007

Tuiasosopo running out of roster slots

Quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo, given mop-up duties for the second straight week, had the best statistics of any Jets passer in Friday night's loss. The former Raider was 5 of 10 passing for 64 yards, including a 23-yard TD pass to TE James Pociask. He had no interceptions and a passer rating of 103.8. Still, it looks likely that the Jets will carry two full-time quarterbacks and hybrid Brad Smith on their final roster. That would leave Tuiasosopo on the outside looking in.

Wisconsin and Michigan DON'T have the same ACADEMIC STANDARDS as schools like Penn State,Notre Dame,or Stanford.

As far as winning big games,what big games did Peyton Manning,John Elway,or Dan Marino ever win in college??

Are you serious??? Michigan and Wisco are two of the top 25 schools in the nation academically!

Are you serious??? Michigan and Wisco are two of the top 25 schools in the nation academically!

That may be true,but do they deny student athletes scholarships based on their standards??If so,I've never heard anything about it.The school as a whole may be very good academically,but I guarantee their football programs aren't.

I wonder how many more quarterbacks you're going to be wrong about?

Probably a lot less than you, since you hail each 1st round graded QB as the next Dan Marino.

There have been five 1st round QBs in the two years you've posted here. You've blown every single one of them relentlessly.

That may be true,but do they deny student athletes scholarships based on their standards??If so,I've never heard anything about it.The school as a whole may be very good academically,but I guarantee their football programs aren't.

Really? Penn State? ND?....First of all neither of those two are anywhere near Stanford and 2nd of all they BOTH are very big football programs that have been very succesfull because THEY RECRUITED WELL. Thats a fact, and until you can prove me wrong somehow, I will continue to laugh at these stupid posts...

Probably a lot less than you, since you hail each 1st round graded QB as the next Dan Marino.

There have been five 1st round QBs in the two years you've posted here. You've blown every single one of them relentlessly.

Goal for you for today: Post something positive. Or happy. Or upbeat.

F it. Just crack a smile. :-)

Really? Penn State? ND?....First of all neither of those two are anywhere near Stanford and 2nd of all they BOTH are very big football programs that have been very succesfull because THEY RECRUITED WELL. Thats a fact, and until you can prove me wrong somehow, I will continue to laugh at these stupid posts...

I never said that they haven't recruited well.What I said was,and you keep ignoring,is that they don't some of the top-notch recruits who are real game changers because of their academic standards.That is true,whether you want to accept it or not.

Notice how I haven't stooped to calling your posts stupid just because I don't agree with your position..............?:P

Meanwhile you suck off scrubs like Broken Croyle while relentlessly bashing Chad Pennington. Young, Leinart, Cutler and now Quinn are the next generation of dominant QB's in the NFL and you said everyone of them with the exception of Cutler was going to be a bust.

The lesson we learned is that if Troll doesn't like a QB he'll probably end up being the Offensive Rookie of the Year or better.

Meanwhile you suck off scrubs like Broken Croyle while relentlessly bashing Chad Pennington. Young, Leinart, Cutler and now Quinn are the next generation of dominant QB's in the NFL and you said everyone of them with the exception of Cutler was going to be a bust.

The lesson we learned is that if Troll doesn't like a QB he'll probably end up being the Offensive Rookie of the Year or better.

Quinn will be a bust and I think Leinart will be fine, but wont be all he was cracked up to be prior to the 06 draft (no pro bowls imo). Young will end up right where people thought he would be (pretty good, maybe a pro bowl or 2, but nothing amazing) and Cutler hasnt shown anything yet but probably has the most potential.

Archived