HMMMMMM

Why would the Jets ask J. Mac to re-structure his contract right now? We are a nice amount under the cap. This seems strange to me. Could there be a trade on the horizon for a LG that has a BIG contract? D. Woody...Lions? Or, maybe, Faneca with the Steelers and then sign him to a new big money deal. Just a thought.....

Why would the Jets ask J. Mac to re-structure his contract right now? We are a nice amount under the cap. This seems strange to me. Could there be a trade on the horizon for a LG that has a BIG contract? D. Woody...Lions? Or, maybe, Faneca with the Steelers and then sign him to a new big money deal. Just a thought.....

One could only hope.

I think the team's priority generelly is to get its own guys signed. so I would expect the Jets to use the excess cap money to make a run at extending Rhodes.

Something is up........ Hopefully! Tanny seemed less than convincing on tv last night when Buttle asked him about being happy with the LG position.

LOL

What did you expect him to say?

"We traded last year's starting LG without knowing who would replace him, which, looking back on it, was pretty shortsighted of us...Clarke has been a penalty machine and was demoted to second team... we have a rookie from a 1AA school who hasnt played guard before, and in fact only started getting reps there recently...We have been calling everyone in the league to see who may want to swing a trade with us so our QB isnt maimed by week 3, but so far, no takers...yeah, we're good at LG."

;)

Tanny/Manny have a plan. Trust me. They are not dumb. We all know that by know. I hope so anyway. If not, we are in trouble:(

They may not have a plan per se but I think they know other teams' rosters and know which guards are likely to become avaiable once teams cut down to 53. I would go so far as to say they have one or more guys that they will pounce on immediately after they are cut.

They may not have a plan per se but I think they know other teams' rosters and know which guards are likely to become avaiable once teams cut down to 53. I would go so far as to say they have one or more guys that they will pounce on immediately after they are cut.

Knowing how they operated last year, I would bet on it.

i think this thread is more likely than the dealing dyson thread. J-mac is still a good receiver, i don't think there is much question about that. Teams will be interested in bringing him in.

I don't see the Lions as being interested, since they need a CB, hell they may look at Barrett. The Niners could be interested, they cannot be conent with their WR's right now. Finally, the Steelers need a good number 2 or 3, pending on where Holmes plays.

Archived