Jarvis Green can do it all

PatriotReign37

Speaking as a Pats fan, Seymour being out is NOT as detrimental as Harrison being out. It's true. Seymour is GREAT....but Harrison is the heart and soul of that defense. With the Jets dink/dunk offense, it can be troublesome for sure. Then fast forward to SD in week two. Yah think Gates is going to have a career day or what?

Does your heart and soul get bigger from taking HGH too?

Speaking as a Pats fan, Seymour being out is NOT as detrimental as Harrison being out. It's true. Seymour is GREAT....but Harrison is the heart and soul of that defense. With the Jets dink/dunk offense, it can be troublesome for sure. Then fast forward to SD in week two. Yah think Gates is going to have a career day or what?

Well said.

I used to beleive that Green was 1 dimensional. A pass rusher. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I agree. It is like Godzilla and Reggie White made a baby and named it Jarvis. I hear Thomas Jones said he didn't want to play this week because Green was " an animal "

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but it's not really hard to put together a puff piece on just about anyone on the team. I remember reading a lot of articles about Derrick Blaylock and how he was a team guy who used the best of his opportunities behind Priest Holmes. We all know how that turned out.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but it's not really hard to put together a puff piece on just about anyone on the team. I remember reading a lot of articles about Derrick Blaylock and how he was a team guy who used the best of his opportunities behind Priest Holmes. We all know how that turned out.

Blaylock played great behind the KC OL. I'm not saying NY didnt have a good OL but NY didnt have an OL like KC.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again:

Jarvis Green would start on our defensive line. This guy is one of the best back-up defensive ends in the league and the Patriots will not miss too much in losing Seymour for 6 weeks. Will they take a hit? Yes. How big will it be? Miniscule.

ESPN News is reporting Jarvis Green will DH for the Redsox tomorrow night and will run the Boston Marathon ,back wards.

yes in fact I've been saying all along that they should just go ahead and cancel the season anyway...and GIVE the Lombardi Trophy to the Patriots now...

yes in fact I've been saying all along that they should just go ahead and cancel the season anyway...and GIVE the Lombardi Trophy to the Patriots now...

SoFla, what will you do if the Patriots indeed win the Super Bowl? Or better yet, what will you be spewing if they don't?:):Typotux:

Well duh.. If their backups can make the pro-bowl and even when they lose their BEST defensive player and it will make no difference at all, why even bother playing the games? We might as well just give up now.

All hail Jarvis Green!

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again:

Jarvis Green would start on our defensive line. This guy is one of the best back-up defensive ends in the league and the Patriots will not miss too much in losing Seymour for 6 weeks. Will they take a hit? Yes. How big will it be? Miniscule.

I think Dbrick/Clement think otherwise....

D'Brickishaw in my eyes could have been in some serious trouble week one going up against a player in R.Seymour who has been one of the best defensive ends in the game and a leader on that Patriots Defense for some time now. Seymour has alot of skill, leadership, and with his experience... I just think that he could have gave Ferguson fits. Not only can Seymour get after the QB with the best of them, but he is one hell of a run stuffing DE once he bullys his way throught the O-Line and into the backfield... As a Jet fan, I'v seen it one to many times.

Now I'm not saying J.Green can't hold his own, because he can. BB is a great coach and one of the reasons why I feel J.Green can play and perform is because he's actually been on this Patriots team for over 6 years now... And that says alot for a player if BB keeps a roster spot open over 6 years. But at the same time, J.Green has been a backup for over 6 years and is not even close to being a game changing superstar as far as DE's goes. I just look at it like this, Ferguson will stand a much better chance as far as keeping Chad on his feet going up against J.Green than he would going up against a player in R.Seymour who has been the leader of that D for quite some time.

Will the loss of Seymour hurt this Defense? Add the fact that R.Harrison is alot out... You bet it will. Will J.Green be a solid backup? I can bet my bottom dollar that he will, but at the same time... I would much rather see Brick vs Green, than Brick vs Seymour.

There was a reason why BB had Seymour as the starrting DE before the HGH suspension, thats all I'm saying.

Archived