Anyone else feel T.Jones/Leon will be a better combo than Brlow/Blaylock this Sunday?

DefenseWinsChampionships

i know that im talking in general for the whole season. are o line will be similar to week 2 last season

The difference is that Bender/Clarke are better run blockers than Katnick/Kendall so the JETS should be able to run the ball much better this time around... and Katnick managed not to get Chad killed week 3 last year (he even had 300 yards) so Im sure Bender/Clarke will manage.

I'm sorry, Chad Pennington may not be a T.Brady, P.Manning or even a top 10 QB

Chad Pennington career QB rating is 89.3, 7th ALL TIME! Tom Brady is 88.4, he's number 8.

Chad Pennington career comp % 2nd ALL TIME at 65.1%

Peyton Manning is 6th with a 64%

I know what's next, but I was simply correcting DWC.

Just think about ALL of the QB's that have played this game (Marino,Montana,Elway....)Just think, the 50's ,the 60's,the 70's, the 80's, the 90's ALL THOSE QB's.

We have the 2nd ALL time in comp%.

Thank you NY Post for finally giving me that info. SECOND ALL TIME. Steve Young is 4th

BTW, just something I did my own research to bolster the post's.None of the others metioned in the ALL TIME list for QB's had multiple rotator cuff surgeries in their prime.

Just a fun fact.

Chad Pennington career QB rating is 89.3, 7th ALL TIME! Tom Brady is 88.4, he's number 8.

Chad Pennington career comp % 2nd ALL TIME at 65.1%

Peyton Manning is 6th with a 64%

I know what's next, but I was simply correcting DWC.

Just think about ALL of the QB's that have played this game (Marino,Montana,Elway....)Just think, the 50's ,the 60's,the 70's, the 80's, the 90's ALL THOSE QB's.

We have the 2nd ALL time in comp%.

Thank you NY Post for finally giving me that info. SECOND ALL TIME. Steve Young is 4th

BTW, just something I did my own research to bolster the post's.None of the others metioned in the ALL TIME list for QB's had multiple rotator cuff surgeries in their prime.

Just a fun fact.

We all know that completion % is the true measure of an NFL QB. TD and INTs mean nothing. Yards don't count either.

We all know that completion % is the true measure of an NFL QB. TD and INTs mean nothing. Yards don't count either.

Why are you bothering? Don't you know that going 5-of-7 for 38 yards & a 40+ yd FG attempt is better than going 4-of-7 for 70 yds with a 25-yard TD? The numbers don't lie: Chad Pennington is better than Marino, Montana, and Elway. Those 3 would never have been able to boost their completion %age by rarely attempting passes that traveled 6 yards beyond the LOS. Only Chad could accomplish this.

Dumbass.

Why are you bothering? Don't you know that going 5-of-7 for 38 yards & a 40+ yd FG attempt is better than going 4-of-7 for 70 yds with a 25-yard TD? The numbers don't lie: Chad Pennington is better than Marino, Montana, and Elway. Those 3 would never have been able to boost their completion %age by rarely attempting passes that traveled 6 yards beyond the LOS. Only Chad could accomplish this.

Dumbass.

I couldn't resist. When someones entire argument rests on completion % then all bets are off :)

And that gets you 2 1st round playoff wins in 5 seasons!

Chads stats are very similar to Montana in most categories actually... in 2002 Chad was a mirror image of Montana.. actually it was better than a lot of Montana's seasons...

Chads stats are very similar to Montana in most categories actually... in 2002 Chad was a mirror image of Montana.. actually it was better than a lot of Montana's seasons...

2002? I haven't looked it up but I'm sure Montana had more than 2 playoff wins after being in the league for 5 years.

2002? I haven't looked it up but I'm sure Montana had more than 2 playoff wins after being in the league for 5 years.

I wasnt talking about playoff wins... I was talking about statistically... not to mention Montana had better teams around him

I wasnt talking about playoff wins... I was talking about statistically... not to mention Montana had better teams around him

Defenses were way better back then because the rules were different.

Also you can't seriously think Pennington and Montana are comparable can you? Right now Pennington can only hope to aspire to be Kurt Warner: two great years and then failure. Chad managed only about 3/4s of a great year and couldn't even get to the AFC Championship game.

So stats are all that matters? Or should I say completion %?

Chad had the leading rusher in the NFL behind him in 2004 and still sucked against Pittsburgh.

Chad had the leading rusher in the NFL behind him in 2004 and still sucked against Pittsburgh.

WTF are you talking about? Your a damn Patriot fan that takes shots at the Jets on a "Jets message board" every chance you get...

Take some time to think before you act or should I say post?

We missed 2 fg's that game by D/Brien or we whould have played in the AFC Championship game... You one sorry ass pats fan.

WTF are you talking about? Your a damn Patriot fan that takes shots at the Jets on a "Jets message board" every chance you get...

Take some time to think before you act or should I say post?

We missed 2 fg's that game by D/Brien or we whould have played in the AFC Championship game... You one sorry ass pats fan.

Do you know why that game came down to Field Goals?

Chads "performance" is below

21 completions, 33 attempts, 182 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Do you know why that game came down to Field Goals?

Chads "performance" is below

21 completions, 33 attempts, 182 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT.

21 for 33 is pretty damn good vs a pittsburg Defense...

It was Herms fault why we lost that game... Just go ask Chad what he was thinking when Herm had the team downing the damn ball to set up a fg... A longer field goal at that, what coach in the world would kneel the ball instead of running up the gut for 2-3 maybe even4 yards? Only Herm would kneel the ball to make it a longer FG.

Thats cause we had an imbecile playcaller...

If Mangini was coaching the Jets in 04 we wouldve been playing in the AFCCG to say the least...

Hell, If I was calling plays we couldve beaten Pittsburgh.

what fan in there right mind wouldnt think that TJ and Leon would be a better combo then Barlow and Blaylock lol. Dumbest question I've ever heard asked on Jet Nation

Thanks for saving me the time from writing this myself. I read the thread title and thought :wtf:Is this a joke?

DWC, are you insane? How could you even think for one second that anyone would believe that Kevan Barlow (out of the league) and Derrick Blaylock (3rd string in Washington) would EVER be a better combination than Thomas Jones and Leon Washington? What is the point of this useless f'ing thread?

Archived