Anyone else feel T.Jones/Leon will be a better combo than Brlow/Blaylock this Sunday?

DefenseWinsChampionships

Last year when we played the Patriots in week two K.Barlow ran the ball 14 times for only 42 yards and D.Blaylock ran the ball 6 time for only 8 freaking yards! That's 50 yards on 20 Carries... Thats like what? 2.5 YPC? And we still only lost 24-17 after being down 17-0 going into the half.

Last season K.Barlow ran the ball 131 times for 370 yards... Thats only 2.8 YPC, a long of only 14.

Last season D.Blaylock ran the ball 25 times for 44 yards, thats only 1.8 YPC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last season Leon Washington ran the ball 151 times for 650 yards with an average of 4.3 YPC, that's impressive... He also became the starter late in the season.

Last season Thomas Jones ran the ball 296 times (Almost double any Jets rb on the roster, that simply means that he's a feature back who can handle the work load) So he ran the ball 296 times for 1,210 yards with an average of 4.1 YPC.

I'm sorry, but we had NO RUN GAME last year... It may just be a little different this season div145.gif

what fan in there right mind wouldnt think that TJ and Leon would be a better combo then Barlow and Blaylock lol. Dumbest question I've ever heard asked on Jet Nation

It was more than just a question.... It's a reason why this Jets team has a much better chance heading into this weeks game vs the Patriots than we did in week 2 of last years game vs the Pats. It's just funny to me how more than half of the Jet fans on this site feel we stand no chance with NE team.

Is our O-line comparable with Chicagos last year DWC?

Did the bears offense have Chad Pennington as a QB? I'm sorry, Chad Pennington may not be a T.Brady, P.Manning or even a top 10 QB.... But Chad Pennington is light years ahead of R.Grossman as far as leading an Offense goes.

Did the bears have Coles and Cotchery last season? I'm sorry but Colles is a more of a threat than M.Muhamad and Cotchery is a much better WR than Berrian.

Thomas Jones may be a better running back behind this O-Line than he was behind that whole Bears Offense last year starting with the QB in Rex.

Did the bears offense have Chad Pennington as a QB? I'm sorry, Chad Pennington may not be a T.Brady, P.Manning or even a top 10 QB.... But Chad Pennington is light years ahead of R.Grossman as far as leading an Offense goes.

Did the bears have Coles and Cotchery last season? I'm sorry but Colles is a more of a threat than M.Muhamad and Cotchery is a much better WR than Berrian.

Thomas Jones may be a better running back behind this O-Line than he was behind that whole Bears Offense last year starting with the QB in Rex.

I dont recall Rex blocking too much for Jones last year, the line has to open the holes.

I dont recall Rex blocking too much for Jones last year, the line has to open the holes.

You think teams stack 8 in the box the Jets with Chad as the QB? lol, watch some Bears games last season, T.Jones was the only Offense on the Bears... Defenses would key in on Thomas Jones... No Defenses had to game plan for Barlow, blaylock or even Houston.

Thomas Jones is a better running back than Leon Washington as of right now in terms of getting the tough yards. Leon had no problem getting 4 yards per carry behind our O-Line with Pete Kendall at Guard. Bender and Clarke are both better run blockers than Kendall. Thomas Jones should have no drop off this year with the Jets, none.

Regardless of the talent of our runningback tandem, I think we are going to have a hard time running this weekend because eveyone usually does against NE. Add in the fact that we have a new left guard and that our QB did not get a lot of pre-season reps and I see a low running output this weekend.

You think teams stack 8 in the box the Jets with Chad as the QB? lol, watch some Bears games last season, T.Jones was the only Offense on the Bears... Defenses would key in on Thomas Jones... No Defenses had to game plan for Barlow, blaylock or even Houston.

Thomas Jones is a better running back than Leon Washington as of right now in terms of getting the tough yards. Leon had no problem getting 4 yards per carry behind our O-Line with Pete Kendall at Guard. Bender and Clarke are both better run blockers than Kendall. Thomas Jones should have no drop off this year with the Jets, none.

Well lets hope so, we havent seen alot of Jones in pre-season and the line is suspect to put it mildly. Its too up in the air right now to tell how its going to turn out, and it friggen sucks. Im trying to stay positive though.........

Well lets hope so, we havent seen alot of Jones in pre-season and the line is suspect to put it mildly. Its too up in the air right now to tell how its going to turn out, and it friggen sucks. Im trying to stay positive though.........

I'm trying to think positive my damn self.

Yea we lost P.Kendall but Pete was below average as a run blocker, simply to small to dominate in the trenches going up against larger NT's and DT's.

Last year Brick and Mangold were rookie players who started all 16 games and a playoff game with no NFL experience at all in the NFL...

Last year Mangold was a standout player as our Center and Ferguson also went up against some of the best DE's in the game in Freeney, Seymour and J.Taylor. The loss of Kendall WILL HURT our pass protection for the first 5 or 6 games I feel... But the fact that Ferguson and Mangold started all 16 games last season and now know what to expect as far as having a better feel for the game, that alone... Should have us as a better O-Line for this upcoming season.

Actually if defenses were playing 8 in the box and keying on the run vs Chicago, then the O-line was doing a damn good job helping TJ get 1210 yds last year. Just look at his #s from Arizona, they went up drasticly when TJ landed in Chicago.

Actually if defenses were playing 8 in the box and keying on the run vs Chiago, then the O-line was doing a damn good job helping TJ get 1210 yds last year. Just look at his #s from Arizona, they went up drasticly when TJ landed in Chiago.

To say nothing of Chad doing a much worse job of stretching a defense than Grossman, whatever anyone thinks of their respective talents & shortcomings. Grossman throwing a deep pass is a real threat; Chad throwing a deep pass is an attempt to get a safety to drop into coverage for the next few plays.

To say nothing of Chad doing a much worse job of stretching a defense than Grossman, whatever anyone thinks of their respective talents & shortcomings. Grossman throwing a deep pass is a real threat; Chad throwing a deep pass is an attempt to get a safety to drop into coverage for the next few plays.

On third and long, instead of running the stupid draw, we should have Chad throw a bomb. Chances are it'll be picked off but if we tackle well it'll be field position.

I just dont think our O-line is comparable with the Bears front 5, which is the point Im trying to make to DWC. He said Jones was the only offenive threat the Chicago had and teams played them as such. But thier O-line was better than what Ive seen from ours so far. Who knows, its too up in the air to get any sort of bearing as to how the ground attack will fair. I just hope Bender is quick study and a friggen gem.

You think teams stack 8 in the box the Jets with Chad as the QB? lol, watch some Bears games last season, T.Jones was the only Offense on the Bears

Do you even watch games not involving the Jets?

Grossman, even with all his flaws, threw for 3193 yards and 23 TD's. Even Cedric Benson put up over 600 yards rushing and 6TD's.

To say that Jones "was the only offense on the Bears" is borderline retarded.

Do you even watch games not involving the Jets?

Grossman, even with all his flaws, threw for 3193 yards and 23 TD's. Even Cedric Benson put up over 600 yards rushing and 6TD's.

To say that Jones "was the only offense on the Bears" is borderline retarded.

You do know who it is you were talking to right? :lol:

You do know who it is you were talking to right? :lol:

I was trying to be nice.

No one in their right mind would say that Barlow/Blaylock is better than Jones/Washington.

But our resident MENSA member, DWC, starts a thread pointing out the obvious and then proceeds to dig a huge hole for himself claiming that Jones was the entire Bears offense!

I was trying to be nice.

No one in their right mind would say that Barlow/Blaylock is better than Jones/Washington.

But our resident MENSA member, DWC, starts a thread pointing out the obvious and then proceeds to dig a huge hole for himself claiming that Jones was the entire Bears offense!

How can you dig a hole when you hit rock bottom already? lol

I actually wouldnt mind having Barlow back as a 3rd option

DWC, how can we have a better O line this season when we lost Kendall?? yeah year 2 for dbrick and mangold should be better (hopefully no sophmore slump) but to say are O line is better now then last years is assanine

Kendall didnt play in the Pats game week 3 last season.

Archived