****THE OFFICIAL JETS VS PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD****

El Gringo Loco

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Checklist, i'll keep copying and pasting it.

ShadowJet35's Keys to Victory for Week 1 v.s. the New England Patriots (serious post)

Every week a coach pinpoints his focus on certain aspects of the game, to win.

Here are mine.

• Defensively: We must, I repeat, WE MUST get pressure on Tom Brady, whether we rush 3 or 7, we need to get in his face. When we went into Foxboro and beat them, Tom was on his ass 3/4 of the game. When we lost to them in the playoffs, I doubt we even laid a finger on him all game long. That is a huge component in whether we lose or win this game.
  • Also, we must get a great game from Kerry Rhodes, with Moss and Stallworth, and Welker in the slot, look for the ball to go 10-15 yards per pass play, Rhodes needs to secure his part of the field as well as backup rookie starter Darrelle Revis

• Offensively, we must be successful in the running game, watching the Patriots, if they smell blood they attack, if they realize that you can't run the ball successfully, the play fake which Chad is 2nd best at in all of the NFL, won't work successfully, and Coles' deep threat ability will be useless. TJ and LJ must combine for at least 150 yards.
  • Must convert 3rd downs, you cannot give the Patriots any momentum at any point in time, converting 3rd downs will drain the life out of Belichicken and his boys, so that must be an objective in Mangini's plans.

• Special Teams, Justin Miller and whomever our starting Punt Returner is, needs to supply us with good field position, basically every time, one thing the Patriots DO NOT do is give up long scoring drives, which is why we need to start drives somewhere near their territory, Justin needs to bring the ball at least to the 30+ yard line per return, and our Punt Returner, needs to get at least 15-20 per return. Sounds much, but you need things like that against the Pats
  • As stated before, you cannot give the Pats any momentum, so special teams tackling must be at it's finest, you cannot give them extra yardage on kick/punt returns. Mangini needs to put his surest tacklers on Special Teams, otherwise, they get momentum, drive, score, and we lose. Kassell needs to step up and get the Special teams fired up, they are a big part of this game.

Feel Free to add anything else if you want to.

We'll see how we do

Defensively: We must, I repeat, WE MUST get pressure on Tom Brady, whether we rush 3 or 7, we need to get in his face. When we went into Foxboro and beat them, Tom was on his ass 3/4 of the game. When we lost to them in the playoffs, I doubt we even laid a finger on him all game long. That is a huge component in whether we lose or win this game.

Also, we must get a great game from Kerry Rhodes, with Moss and Stallworth, and Welker in the slot, look for the ball to go 10-15 yards per pass play, Rhodes needs to secure his part of the field as well as backup rookie starter Darrelle Revis

Let's see what happens.

Archived