Jason Whitlock (KC Star communist) on Herm Edwards

will

I hope this works; its the first time I have ever started a thread. enjoy (its a fun read).

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/278367.html

oh my god...

You throw a fade to Samie Parker, your smallest receiver, on third and 1 deep inside Bears territory late in the fourth quarter when Rex Grossman is desperately trying to let you back in the game.

I read a couple of Herm's quotes after the game. He was already pushing blame to his QB, he said the fade route was teh 3rd option. the 3rd option? are you kidding? guarantee it was the first option.

Remember the days when on 3rd and 1 we would run the ball wide and defenses were content to just let us run to the sideline and then go out of bounds. Remember the days on 3rd and 1 that we would throw a screen pass to a running back running a pattern that takes him parallel to the LOS and taking the receiver directly towards the sideline thus allowing the defense to usher the player directly out of bounds. Remember the days when we would try to "surprise" the defense on 3rd and 1 by doing the same exact friggin play that the Chiefs did this weekend. This is not Huard or the OC's fault. This is vintage Herm . Herm was always trying to "out think" the other coaches. But like the scarecrow he doesn't have a brain.

Remember the days when on 3rd and 1 we would run the ball wide and defenses were content to just let us run to the sideline and then go out of bounds. Remember the days on 3rd and 1 that we would throw a screen pass to a running back running a pattern that takes him parallel to the LOS and taking the receiver directly towards the sideline thus allowing the defense to usher the player directly out of bounds. Remember the days when we would try to "surprise" the defense on 3rd and 1 by doing the same exact friggin play that the Chiefs did this weekend. This is not Huard or the OC's fault. This is vintage Herm . Herm was always trying to "out think" the other coaches. But like the scarecrow he doesn't have a brain.

Mostly this piece reminded me of Herm at home against the Chargers a few years ago when the Jets had a chance for the big upset and had first down at the goal line at the end of the game and threw THREE fades against Q Jammer with Brooks Bollinger at QB. Needless to say the Jets didnt score and lost the game. I also remember how Marty tried to hand the Jets the game by abandoning Tomlinson in the second half after he had shredded the Jets in the first half (including a huge run whre he faked Law out of his jock strap).

It will take alot for me to turn on Mangini after having endured the depressing Herm Edwards era.

Seems like the same pattern is developing in KC, though with a much worse team than we ever had.

No offense: Not Herm's fault. Fire the OC

Suspect Defense: Not Herm's fault. Fire the DC

Still no offense: Fire the NEW OC

Injured QB: Run on every first two downs. Throw 4 yard pattern over the middle. Punt. A good drive ends in a punt

5 years after leaving Jets: Herm recruited away from KC to be head coach of _________, despite the 4-12 record the year before and overall 25-55 recored as HC.

The record of course was all the coordinators fault.

This guy is a retard. Run on the Vikes? With that O-line? Yeah LJ's REALLY been tearing it up right?

If Herm converts those he is a genius. But sitting in the media it's easy to throw criticisms. Herm is incompetent but not for those playcalls.

Um, I'm about 99% sure Whitlock is saying this would be another bonehead idea that he wouldn't be surprised to see Herm try to "surprise" the Vikings defense with.

This is a classic article. Herm is a buffoon & what it does is not let Herm hide behind his "the gameplan was sound - we just didn't execute properly" blame-the-players excuse that so many Jets fans gobbled up for years.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Whitlock is a communist (or maybe I just haven't read enough of his non-Chiefs articles or seen him on tv enough). But most non-football stuff from him seems to stem from the way he just seems to cringe when he sees trash from gangsta & hip-hop "artists"/"musicians" on tv.

Archived