Leon > Reggie

CobraVerde

Drago i saw this under your sig and it is so true. I was talking about this with my roommate last night. Reggie doesnt seem as dangerous as they make him out to be. His speed seemed average compared to Leon. Also his running style is ineffective because he isnt the fastest guy on the field. Linebackers were chasing him down. He's a sideline to sideline runner who steps out of bounds at the last minute. Leon isn't afraid to take it up the gut and then break your ankles with a cut. Washington is tougher and from the game last night seems faster than Bush. discuss...:Typotux:

Drago i saw this under your sig and it is so true. I was talking about this with my roommate last night. Reggie doesnt seem as dangerous as they make him out to be. His speed seemed average compared to Leon. Also his running style is ineffective because he isnt the fastest guy on the field. Linebackers were chasing him down. He's a sideline to sideline runner who steps out of bounds at the last minute. Leon isn't afraid to take it up the gut and then break your ankles with a cut. Washington is tougher and from the game last night seems faster than Bush. discuss...:Typotux:

I think Bush is faster and more explosive than Leon but over all, so far, Leon is the better player. In the NFL there is no better skill for a RB than to be able to quickly and decisively hit the hole and get into the secondary (or take a yard or two when there is no hole) and Leon does this so much better than Bush. Also, Bush runs way too upright whereas Leon gets low and is hard to hit squarely.

This just goes to show how important intangibles are. These are the same offensive coaches and players the Saints had last year. It does not take much for a unit to get out of sync. Brees is very good and Bush has loads of talent. They just are not clicking. McAlister being hurt now is a real problem. Otherwise, I would have bet that they would have got it together soon.

Bush has one problem, he is far far too hesitant to make his cut.

Leon, doesnt hesitate, he seems to have better instincts. He gets the ball and he hits the hole fast, Bush does not.

At recieving they are both good but I would almost give leon the edge.

exactly! Watching last night he seemed so indecisive. when leon hit that return he knew exactly where his was going and didnt hesitate. I have the feeling bush wouldve tried to cut too many times to make it fancy rather than utilizing his speed to blow everyone out of the water if he was the one trying to make the return...

I have been cheering for Leon since he was drafted... I even had an "L...E...O...N" thread over at the ESPN message boards... I think he will be a great RB in JETS history.

I agree, but we got to get this guy more involved. Not just in the running game.

I agree, but we got to get this guy more involved. Not just in the running game.

I think defenses are hip to Leon and dont like to see him catch anything in the flat. He might be better disguised in sets with Thomas Jones and/or Brad Smith. Anyway, Chad hits the open guy and doesnt seem to care who it is. He no longer seems to favor Coles the way he once did. I guess this is a good thing in that the Jets are developing several options in the short passing game.

I think defenses are hip to Leon and dont like to see him catch anything in the flat. He might be better disguised in sets with Thomas Jones and/or Brad Smith. Anyway, Chad hits the open guy and doesnt seem to care who it is. He no longer seems to favor Coles the way he once did. I guess this is a good thing in that the Jets are developing several options in the short passing game.

I saw in the TD to coles Leon was in the slot. I don't agree with him being in there in 'goal to go' situations. He's not a bruiser, but like you said, very dangerous in the flats.

It's pissing me off that he isn't getting forced the ball at least a bit. I don't understand why the Chargers, and Saints can force the ball to their backs on screens but we can't? Leon needs touches, we all saw the run back, he needs touches and is not getting them.

Bush has one problem, he is far far too hesitant to make his cut.

Leon, doesnt hesitate, he seems to have better instincts. He gets the ball and he hits the hole fast, Bush does not.

At recieving they are both good but I would almost give leon the edge.

Really? Bush had 88 receptions last year and already has 100 in his career.

Don't get me wrong I love Leon just as much as anybody, but let's not overhype him. Bush is a special talent .

Ive been saying this for a long, long, long time now. Leon is amazing in the open field... And he's a RUNNING BACK... Reggie is amazing in the open field... But in my eyes, he's a WR... When it comes to being a RB... Leon is better.

Really? Bush had 88 receptions last year and already has 100 in his career.

Don't get me wrong I love Leon just as much as anybody, but let's not overhype him. Bush is a special talent .

He got thrown to a lot more than Leon though, the Saints had far more plays designed to go to Bush then we did for Leon.

There is nothing Bush can do the Leon cant. IMO its that simple.

Living in florida I have seen a lot of leon and he really didn't do too much. One year he was hampered by injuries though. It's weird about the whole comparison thing. Bush had a better college career, but so far Leon is blowing up in the NFL. How is the Saints O line?It can't be much worse then ours.

This just goes to show how important intangibles are. These are the same offensive coaches and players the Saints had last year. It does not take much for a unit to get out of sync. Brees is very good and Bush has loads of talent. They just are not clicking. McAlister being hurt now is a real problem. Otherwise, I would have bet that they would have got it together soon.

Loooooong time Saints fan here...offensive line is the problem, and yes, they're worse than yours, at least so far. Yes, it's the same guys, but you can point to Brees' problems and the ineffective running game as results of their poor play, despite their success last year. Brees has had pressure from all sides since game 1...no time to get into any rhythm, let alone allow the deep receivers to get open. When we tried to run Deuce up the middle, no holes. Too many 3-and-outs allowed our defense (which amazingly can get the job done, with the exception of the secondary) to get tired and pushed around. Suddenly, the Saints are playing catchup and they don't do that well since the deep thread seems to be shut down. Honestly, the offensive line is an obvious weak spot, but overall we're still scratching our heads since the personnel is basically the same as last year.

Bush has to prove now if he's superstar or bust; I'm not making that call yet. Let's see how he fills the gap with Deuce gone as the main RB. Even then, the O-line will have to give he and Brees some help. Yes, they both have talent, but they are only two guys on the field. 2 Int's and the fumble were not Brees' fault last night (tipped passes, blown block). I'll blame 2 Int's on him, but even then he was rattled. I firmly believe that the O-line, and to some extent the defensive front, played over their heads last year. They really weren't as good as they looked, but I also think that they're not as bad as they're looking now, either. This is an 8-8 or 9-7 team. I'm not saying we'll get that many wins unless things change quickly, but that is my honest assessment of the talent and depth of the Saints. My husband disagrees with me; however...I'm still more positive than he is about the season, but I've also been a Saints fan longer and I'm used to the pain. :D

Losing Deuce is a huge blow. It stinks that one of the classiest players ever to put on a Saints uniform may have seen his last game. That hurts worse than 0-3.

Thanks for letting me jump in on the discussion! :)

Kellye in Houston

Saints, LSU, Astros, Yankees, and NY Rangers fan

Archived