Found this over at that "other place"...thought it was amusing

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (8 members and 0 guests)

Jetcane, DireJet38, Max

What is up with this new trend of being invisible?

It's okay, I know who you are, and I know what you did last summer.

:character0183:

I don't like the invisible thing either. Who are we hiding from?

None taken. But if you didn't want their to be any offense you would have probably PMed the info to me and discussed it in a constructive manner. You decided to trash a board that a lot of us have worked hard on by saying it is nothing to brag about. But hey, no offense was taken or was really intended (luckily we already established that).

I already said we aren't perfect. We don't make the correct decision all the time. What we do is what we think is in the best interest of the board. It's the internet so I would take it all for what it is worth.

Everyone isn't going to get along though. That much I know. No matter what we do.

Look I basically think you are all good people and have held back from calling out the one mod I think is a poser and a douche bag. All I know is on that one thread DWC got harassed and lead into and argument. Typical message board stuff though. You get a mod who is and arrogent prick, know nothing and he sticks around because the other mods/owners like him.

Eh to be honest, I agree with Arsis and DWC on that. I don't think it's the end of the world though, who cares. It's just a message board at the end of the day, and the bans are usually only 30 day bans. The trick is to time it for the offseason when these boards get boring anyway.

That is pretty funny. I had this friend in high school that dated the same girl the entire time. It wasn't until years later that she realized he would always break up with her twice a year. Valentine's Day and Her Birthday. He would stagger it so she didn't notice. Sometimes days before, sometimes weeks before. He was sneaky. And cheap. A deadly combination.

The bans here which don't happen much are mostly liftetime. When Tx got banned it was a lifetime deal. If someone commits an honest mistake we go with a 30 day thing. I saw on another site where someone posted a joke (fake headline) and got banned for it.

We may suck. But shoot me when we start sucking that much. :cheers:

You know what is strange about this ---

When people get warnings or infractions it is almost never done in public. Yet me always hear, Other people got away with worse. But they don't know what other people actually got away with.

Just find it odd.

This is about DWC and I find it hilarious that others find it necessary to jump on the bandwagon and call foul and further call out the mods and paint all the mods with a broad brush for not doing their job for a ton of other things.

I guess people don't like talking crap from mods who do a million times worse themselves. I'm not willing to take it from someone who is doing it and more often than I. Like I said to Thor I am taking my bawl and going home. Good day sir!

Really... how much crap do the mods give out? Really? Faba, Tabor and Sperm are pretty easy going and do their work behind the scenes. Smizzy, Thor and BP have no problem giving back what they get. If their sense of humor isn't to your liking then ignore it. All the mods use their discretion with bannings (which is very rare) and Max has chosen a diverse group of mods to manage the day-to-day of his site.

Yes they are mods, but Jets fans too who will have their opinion heard like any poster here and will debate anyone on anything. If you think because they are mods there should be a line drawn on what they should and should not say, then that's not right. If you truly feel scorned and they are not operating within reason or within guidelines of what everyone else is held to, then take it up with the mod in a PM or with Max. They are not unreasonable to talk to you. If you can't accept it, then walk.

So Arsis, you say "I guess people don't like talking crap from mods who do a million times worse themselves." What people? Gotta a complaint petition going? Who doesn't talk crap, give crap and take crap on a message board really? "Million times worse"... really? A million, that's almost infinity. Holy ****. The humanity.

This post isn't directed towards you Arsis, but it is the latest installment of complaints about mods and it's hilarious to me. No one has to love the mods, but folks should respect what they do - and they do a good job here, which is in their spare time. It's a thankless job by the masses. Some are thankful and it's appreciated, truly.

If you have an issue take it up with Max or PM a mod. If you want to grandstand, post out in the open.

The self-righteous attitude is old and overused.

• Upvote 1

I find it odd that this place was founded on saying what you want. Now you can say what you want - but just watch who you say it to. That's why this place will never be much of anything to brag about.

RSJ, Just because this is a place where you can say basically whatever you want...that shouldn't mean any and everything you want to say should be allowed. DWC personally attcked more than one moderator. What do you honestly suggest we do? Bend over and take it up the ass by posters like BoomBoom and DWC? I gave him the benifit of the doubt week in and week out and he finally went overboard. I give him a time out. He can come back and try again when his time out is over. Running to JI to bash the mods and the site should prove to you all he deserves his 30 day ban. There are people actually sticking up for him? LMAO.

No 1 poster is above the board and no moderator is either. Yes, I told him to eat a bag of dicks. After a month of being followed around this website I finally had enough.

Sorry.

• Upvote 1

Look I basically think you are all good people and have held back from calling out the one mod I think is a poser and a douche bag. All I know is on that one thread DWC got harassed and lead into and argument. Typical message board stuff though. You get a mod who is and arrogent prick, know nothing and he sticks around because the other mods/owners like him.

Well you don't have your facts straight. Because I hate all the mods here. So that shoots your case down.

But the DWC thing -- he should have just been banned awhile ago. I keep giving him more rope. I think I had something like 40 people complaining about him. I really don't let that be the ultimate judge but at some point enough is enough.

Well you don't have your facts straight. Because I hate all the mods here. So that shoots your case down.

But the DWC thing -- he should have just been banned awhile ago. I keep giving him more rope. I think I had something like 40 people complaining about him. I really don't let that be the ultimate judge but at some point enough is enough.

Well just like when I left TGG because of Tony I'm leaving here because of Sperm Edwards.

Later.

The trick is to not be be the type of poster who wants to get banned, let alone plan when it will happen.

It's frankly not worth walking on eggshells to avoid a mod misunderstanding a joke and then banning you for it, which is what happened to me. I post here because it's fun and isn't work. If it becomes a job to keep from getting banned, it's not worth it.

If I am the type of poster who "plans" on getting banned and is doing that type of thing, just get it out there and say so Smizzy. It's not like I can do anything if you just want to ban me anyway.

It's frankly not worth walking on eggshells to avoid a mod misunderstanding a joke and then banning you for it, which is what happened to me. I post here because it's fun and isn't work. If it becomes a job to keep from getting banned, it's not worth it.

If I am the type of poster who "plans" on getting banned and is doing that type of thing, just get it out there and say so Smizzy. It's not like I can do anything if you just want to ban me anyway.

That is what makes it challenging. Running an iron fist board is actually easier. Everything gets deleted and everything gets banned. We have more grey area so it is definitely more challenging here.

Well just like when I left TGG because of Tony I'm leaving here because of Sperm Edwards.

Later.

Hey like I said that is your right. We will leave a light on for you. We see lots of these I am leaving announcements (they always crack me up btw) but we won't clean out your locker just yet.

Go Jets!!!

BTW -- Sperm Edwards is a really good guy and a very good mod. Like I said earlier, we can't make everyone happy all the time. The internet is funny like that.

Later.

That's funny, Sperm is probably the best all around poster I've seen on any board. and you're leaving because he didn't take your ****?

You're way too sensitive.

Later.

Bye-Bye. How many things can I find hilarious in one evening? I can't count that high, it just keeps sky rocketing.

RSJ, your first post in this thread was rather benign. By the end you are walking. It must feel good to be a martyr. I hope DWC and every other scorned poster here and past appreciates your sacrifice.

:thumbup:

Sperm? He's so docile. Ahh, you didn't get to know the real Spermy.

That's funny, Sperm is probably the best all around poster I've seen on any board. and you're leaving because he didn't take your ****?

Says the person whose sensitive about his alcohol intake. Dude would fall to the ground and croak if he had a 6 pack.;-)

This thread is funny. Everyone wants the world to be fair - it's not.

Max and co. can do whatever they want. They run this place as they see fit....as they should. We are just visitors - some of us over-extend our stay and become annoying.....sh*t, did I just say that? ;)

Boys, boys, boys....relax. Soon another picture of a young girls bum will be posted to distract and diffuse.:)

Hey Rookie Mod --

What did I tell you about talking to the posters directly? And stop making eye contact, you are freaking everyone out.

You will post when I tell you to post. Actually you will post when Smizzy tells you to post. That's right, he is the new Senior Mod and is your new boss.

:fighting0050:

Hey Rookie Mod --

What did I tell you about talking to the posters directly? And stop making eye contact, you are freaking everyone out.

You will post when I tell you to post. Actually you will post when Smizzy tells you to post. That's right, he is the new Senior Mod and is your new boss.

:fighting0050:

Give me a break Boss

I work my ass off promoting this site at the Dolphins game, and I get treated like this? :Nuts:

:rolleyes:

This thread is funny. Everyone wants the world to be fair - it's not.

Max and co. can do whatever they want. They run this place as they see fit....as they should. We are just visitors - some of us over-extend our stay and become annoying.....sh*t, did I just say that? ;)

Boys, boys, boys....relax. Soon another picture of a young girls bum will be posted to distract and diffuse.:)

Oh Gard, this is hilarious. Max runs a fair site here, I think most agree. But someone got their hand slapped and everyone is running home to mommy to cry about it.

The pics of the women totally distracted them. Sad, because I enjoyed the real, constructive banter.:rolleyes: