Here I "eat crow", and share what "I now know" in one post

lancemehl

I'll take that Crow Medium to Medium Well, Please

1. My take and predictions on Chad -I'll eat crow- Sure i could say he's such a warrior that he lied about his ankle and he couldn't.......blah blah.

I could blame the "D" or the Bust at#4 but we'll get to that.

Those were the worst INT's I have ever seen. He was digusting today and although I cannot Tottally FlipFlop and say I don't admire his surgeon-like accuracy and poise ala Montana shown at times, those were the WORST looking INT's I have EVER seen. He succkked today and, it doesn't matter now. The ONLY choice we have as a team is to start Clemens, we must see what we have with him as we get ready for the draft.

This is what I now Know

1.Brick is a # 4 BUST - Don't get mad, Brick-fans. Do you think it's easy to admit that my favorite Jet QB, Chad Pennington doesn't have the velocity or mobility we need and he's playing like crap. It's not!!! Admit it, Brick plays El Matador way too much and he's gonna get Clemens Penny or Tui killed. He should've gotten a 15 yard penalty. Guys a 5th round OT, period. Mangold was a good pick, so was Revis and Harris, not Brick and not Schlegal.

2. Nuge wasn't worth it - this one's easy to flip flop on ain't it, but I'm going back to my first instinct, Never take a kicker that high, ever! There too much mental crap going on. Get a veteren that's been around. I went from hating him to thinking he was invincable with his 25-27, just like I thought Brien was automatic. None of them are 3 for 6 49th overall. Nuts.

3. Clemens must start- that's it. Time to see what we got. We know what we have with Chad. It's heart breaking, but we know what we have and we need to know who we are picking top 10 next year.

4. We have 12 real games, a draft, an offseason, and a pre-season to make this a real 3-4 - I hope I've lightened your load, Eric. I'm officially off his back

I like Vilma, but I thought he showed some signs today. It could be Vilma Harris in the middle, because aside from that stupid penalty, we all agree Harris has shown signs.

Hobson had one of the best seasons on the whole "D" last year and also played OK today, same with BThomas, we probably need upgrades at one of those spots, the next 12 tells us a lot.

If I were King of the World: DRob out Pouha in. Coleman and Ellis Book Ends.

Dyson sux, Barrett Blohs.

We have 12 preseason games that I will observe with the hopes that Eric Mangini see's where this team is weak,strong and all the rest.

Next Week- Clemens starting. Pouha starting. Poteat starting. Harris starting.

Draftniks! Calling all Draftniks!!! We have a season over alert!!! Monitor our needs and send every propect from every school our way. We're top ten!!

I dont think Brick is as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

I cant say i dont agree with you about Nuge, but honestly, what would you expect from Herm. When has a placekicker ever been worth a second round pick?

is that ecurb in your signature with a bunch of clemenators?

Vilma showed some signs???

Other than Eli throwing the ball square between the 5 and the 1, what sign did anyone see that this guy is even an average football player right now?

He should be on special teams and that's about it until he shows that he's better than Anthony Schlegel.

Vilma sucks. I'll take anythin for that crap now.

Vilma showed some signs???

Other than Eli throwing the ball square between the 5 and the 1, what sign did anyone see that this guy is even an average football player right now?

He should be on special teams and that's about it until he shows that he's better than Anthony Schlegel.

i feel the pain man, but let's not undersell vilma. I'd still like to get a first day draft pick for him.

Vilma sucks. I'll take anythin for that crap now.

Anyone who posts again that Vilma is some pro-bowl level player, who's only being hampered by the 3-4 defense, must answer to Irish Jet.

He is one of the top 5 reasons this team is so awful. When someone who is supposed to be a difference-maker is suddenly the worst defensive starter, he's earned that label. Because someone with a lesser pedigree would've been on the bench weeks ago.

Anyone notice Harris is coming out and playing more and more? Im nothing but happy to see this.

Harris looked very good today from what I saw. But admittedly, I wasn't keying on him while I was watching, but I wish I had. Had to have been better than the garbage that I was focusing on.

Anyone who posts again that Vilma is some pro-bowl level player, who's only being hampered by the 3-4 defense, must answer to Irish Jet.

He is one of the top 5 reasons this team is so awful. When someone who is supposed to be a difference-maker is suddenly the worst defensive starter, he's earned that label. Because someone with a lesser pedigree would've been on the bench weeks ago.

At this point pretty much all the starters should be threatened with a benching. That 10-6 season last year could have been the worst thing that could happen to this team long term. Clemens really should have been starting since mid-season last year, right around the Bears game because we had a bye around there. He should have started this week after the performance against the Bills. I get the feeling Chad rushed back because he was afraid of losing his job, and Mangini didn't have the balls to tell him to stay on the bench.

At this point pretty much all the starters should be threatened with a benching. That 10-6 season last year could have been the worst thing that could happen to this team long term. Clemens really should have been starting since mid-season last year, right around the Bears game because we had a bye around there. He should have started this week after the performance against the Bills. I get the feeling Chad rushed back because he was afraid of losing his job, and Mangini didn't have the balls to tell him to stay on the bench.

I thought the "Mangini way" was that all players were always under the threat of benching. I thought it was going to be open competition all the time. Guess not. I can understand the problems with switching qbs make that a bit more delicate, but the scary thing is...maybe the best players are playing. If this is truly the best we have things are pretty ugly.

disagree with brick....

We have more of a problem with Clement....

Every time we run right its a loss.

it's just that for a #4 overall LT, he has a lot of highlights where he plays Matador with the DL and Chad or Clemens or whoever gets the worst of it.

LT playing Matador= QB hurt I've seen it often that mixed with the #4 overall pick makes me think Bust. again, I'll eat the crow on EVERY SINGLE critisizm I give if they put it in my face. I want the Jets to PUT IT IN MY FACE when I criticize!!!

When I say Brick's a Bust or Mangini suxx as a coach, his defense blowws, when I say our offense is boring, I don't want to be RIGHT! I don't want to be the smartest guy on a message board! I want my team to show me that I'm full of crap and they are a bada$$ team on both sides of the ball. I don't care if it's a guy that I've bashed every day for two seasons straight, I want him to turn into a baller and put it in my face.

I'm also very emotional about my team, I may say things I don't mean on a Sunday evening when the Yanks are looking at a sweep but right now I'm not happy with Brick, or our Defense as a whole,Nugent or Pennington.I also question our coaching staff big time. Did you see those numbers we run 97% of the time out of that one formation? What? That's like showing them a glich in a Madden tournament.

I'm happy with Revis, Harris, Coles, Cotch, and Baker. and Leon.

He was FANTASTIC that entire last year at UM all the way up to knocking Heismann winner, Crouch and that option crap on their a$$es in a blowout. He was fantastic as a rookie winning the starting Job and winning awards and all of a sudden, new Mangini style 3-4, he sucks, I guess you don't buy the whole Bonds was on steroids thing, right?

It's obvious. Harris is a real 3-4 lineman, get another like him and trade Vilma to one of the 80% that play 4-3 and let him get his shine like K.B., we take another Harris, same with Drob, let him go and be an average 4-3 player like he should be, fair trade: about 10 of our picks for what'll we get for him a 6th rounder? That was a good move.

But, yeah, Mangini slipped Vilma a "suck" pill when he got here.

He was FANTASTIC that entire last year at UM all the way up to knocking Heismann winner, Crouch and that option crap on their a$$es in a blowout. He was fantastic as a rookie winning the starting Job and winning awards and all of a sudden, new Mangini style 3-4, he sucks, I guess you don't buy the whole Bonds was on steroids thing, right?

It's obvious. Harris is a real 3-4 lineman, get another like him and trade Vilma to one of the 80% that play 4-3 and let him get his shine like K.B., we take another Harris, same with Drob, let him go and be an average 4-3 player like he should be, fair trade: about 10 of our picks for what'll we get for him a 6th rounder? That was a good move.

Do you think Vilma sucked last year? He had plenty of tackles last year, same as his first two seasons. He is small and makes too many of his tackles downfield. His problems seem exaggerated in the 3-4, but they are by no means absent in the 4-3.

You need to let go of the past. This was a 4-12 team when Mangini took over. The picks we gave up to get DRob are gone. Cutting Nugent is not going to get the #2 back. You are complaining about too many players based on their draft position. D'Brick was at lest picked by this regime, but you shouldn't be judging if he sucks or not based on his draft value. The pick is gone. It's not coming back if they start some UDFA that was a good bargain.

Play the best players and keep improving. I was among the first guys with anything bad to say about Mangini. The funny thing is, in some ways this season gives me something to look forward to. At least the one FA they spent good money on (KColeman) seems to fit and their two draft picks they targeted seem very good. Last year I like Brick, Mangold and Leon, but they got kind of cute with Schlegel and Brad Smith was kind of a luxury pick for a team with so many holes. I feel a little better about their talent evaluation now. Not so crazy about our arrogant attitude with Kendall and Revis.

Ok but how do you explain him getting beat by Marshawn Lynch last week twice when they were virtually one on one. Or the fact he never stops a runner when he tackles he gets dragged a couple yards.

Why even argue or report stats at this point the jets suck as a whole And we will always suck until we get a real qb behind center. Thats not going to happen anytime soon so just hope for another 30 years. AND THEN WE CAN GO TO FANTASYLAND DURING THE OFFSEASON AND PREDICT WINS LIKE THE RETARD THE GARV

I find it amazing anybody is criticizing Dbrickashaw. Garbage time sack aside vs Osi, he has shutdown Jason Taylor, Schobel and Umenyiora the last 3 games.

Really, stop b##ching about that.

TRUTH. What complete BS. Ferguson kept the Jinst supposed great pass rush off the board. The reason they cannot run is because the QB cannot throw it more than 6 yards. It's not the LT's fault the offense is effed because there's no goddamn guesswork involved.Fresh off holding Schobel down, Brick took on Umenyora and did the job. The fact that the entire opposing defense is moving to the LOS on the snp because the Jet offense cannot pass more than 6 yard isn't the LT's fault. Yeah, Vilma Mr. All Pro, got schooled gain by guards, Snee and Seibert. What a great player! Are you on drugs?Are you watching the same game?

TRUTH. What complete BS. Ferguson kept the Jinst supposed great pass rush off the board. The reason they cannot run is because the QB cannot throw it more than 6 yards. It's not the LT's fault the offense is effed because there's no goddamn guesswork involved.Fresh off holding Schobel down, Brick took on Umenyora and did the job. The fact that the entire opposing defense is moving to the LOS on the snp because the Jet offense cannot pass more than 6 yard isn't the LT's fault. Yeah, Vilma Mr. All Pro, got schooled gain by guards, Snee and Seibert. What a great player! Are you on drugs?Are you watching the same game?

How the **** can you blame this running game on Pennington? Was he throwing the ball 60 yards deep since 2002? He's had a chicken arm all along. Sure he's a little worse now, but the running game has gotten progressively worse and IMO is worse than even last year. This 8 in the box talk is overrated too, I don't think I've seen one of our backs tackled by a safety since Miami. Today they barely were making it back to the LOS.

We knew he sucked at run blocking when the Jets drafted him. He needs a big guard next to him to make up for it. Sadly Adrien Clarke sucks balls so that doesn't work to well.

Oh yes, it is all CLARKES fault! You are wrong! Clarke was pretty good in both the run game and pass game today! He was aggressive and feisty. Did you see him allow any pressures? I just rewatched the game in slow motion. Please enlighten us!

How the **** can you blame this running game on Pennington? Was he throwing the ball 60 yards deep since 2002? He's had a chicken arm all along. Sure he's a little worse now, but the running game has gotten progressively worse and IMO is worse than even last year. This 8 in the box talk is overrated too, I don't think I've seen one of our backs tackled by a safety since Miami. Today they barely were making it back to the LOS.

Football offense is a binary guessing game for the defense. When you cannot pass successfully, or cannot pass competently downfield, you take away half the guesswork. Open your eyes; there's no guesswork to playing the Jets. Keep everyone cvlsoe to the line, cause it's either a dump off or a handoff.

Football offense is a binary guessing game for the defense. When you cannot pass successfully, or cannot pass competently downfield, you take away half the guesswork. Open your eyes; there's no guesswork to playing the Jets. Keep everyone cvlsoe to the line, cause it's either a dump off or a handoff.

They have been doing it for Chad's entire career and backs have gone for more than the 2.2 that Thomas Superfly Jones is getting. Clemens will not fix this running game. I like D'Brick, but I'll bet he's a bigger part of the problems in the running game than the qb.

Kentucky, where did you see Clarke being feisty in the running game? I didn't see **** from the running game. I saw Barnes knocking some heads, but it rarely helped.

They have been doing it for Chad's entire career and backs have gone for more than the 2.2 that Thomas Superfly Jones is getting. Clemens will not fix this running game. I like D'Brick, but I'll bet he's a bigger part of the problems in the running game than the qb.

Kentucky, where did you see Clarke being feisty in the running game? I didn't see **** from the running game. I saw Barnes knocking some heads, but it rarely helped.

Defenses have to parcel out the field among 11 players. If you can bring them closer to the line becaue the deep pass isn't a worry, you make it harder to run. Safeties and LBs who might usually drop into coverage don't have to do that when facing the Jets. WHy bother? So even just holding their position or moving to the LOS on the snap shuts down lanes for a ruuning back. it's not simply that they make plays, merelyu they shut down lanes for plowing ahead or cutbacks. One more thing that's now different-Pennington;s shoulder has been under the knife twice. There's no secret; if one team knows his arm is garbage everyone knows.

Archived