So what will be rock bottom?

4HCrew

continuing to play like garbage and then a player like Coles gets hurt? the players start bickering in the media? when will the circus begin?

we already hit rock bottom 4H-I just hope that Mangini recognizes where he is on this day after...

OK, I have to put my foot down. Let's be truly realistic here. I for one went into this season with absolutely no 'expectations' except the following: that we play hard every week, become better versed in the system, see our glaring weak spots become blinding ones so we can better address them through FA and the draft next go 'round. It's what re-building means.

Last season we defied TRUE expectations for three reasons:

1) We were 'new', and opposing teams weren't 100% sure how to prepare against us. We looked fresh and innovative on some Sundays, and except for getting ripped off out of a chance of beating Cleveland (I swear to God, every time I hear a 'push out' called a TD, I rip off my sock and throw it at the TV, thanks), we essentially beat who we should have. And, may I add, with the exception of the JAX game, hung in with who we shouldn't have.

2) We were picked by most 'experts' to go 4-12, 5-11 BASED ON OUR SCHEDULE BEFORE THE START OF THE SEASON. Therefore, we OVER PERFORMED. That's where the 'weak schedule' argument falls short, but that's beside the point somewhat.

3) Anyone who truly thought we'd be world beaters this season is nuts. Was I disappointed with the Ravens game? Was I disgusted with the Buffalo result? Am I nauseous over the Giants? Yes, yes, and yes; but it is what it is. I want us to do well, but I can't believe how some folks wildly swung from 'Mangenius' to 'Mandummy'. It's ridiculous. I was fully prepared to give Mangini and co. three full seasons before rushing to conclusions in EITHER direction.

OK, I have to put my foot down. Let's be truly realistic here. I for one went into this season with absolutely no 'expectations' except the following: that we play hard every week, become better versed in the system, see our glaring weak spots become blinding ones so we can better address them through FA and the draft next go 'round. It's what re-building means.

Last season we defied TRUE expectations for three reasons:

1) We were 'new', and opposing teams weren't 100% sure how to prepare against us. We looked fresh and innovative on some Sundays, and except for getting ripped off out of a chance of beating Cleveland (I swear to God, every time I hear a 'push out' called a TD, I rip off my sock and throw it at the TV, thanks), we essentially beat who we should have. And, may I add, with the exception of the JAX game, hung in with who we shouldn't have.

2) We were picked by most 'experts' to go 4-12, 5-11 BASED ON OUR SCHEDULE BEFORE THE START OF THE SEASON. Therefore, we OVER PERFORMED. That's where the 'weak schedule' argument falls short, but that's beside the point somewhat.

3) Anyone who truly thought we'd be world beaters this season is nuts. Was I disappointed with the Ravens game? Was I disgusted with the Buffalo result? Am I nauseous over the Giants? Yes, yes, and yes; but it is what it is. I want us to do well, but I can't believe how some folks wildly swung from 'Mangenius' to 'Mandummy'. It's ridiculous. I was fully prepared to give Mangini and co. three full seasons before rushing to conclusions in EITHER direction.

Didn't you see this coming with the way everybody jumped on the bandwagon last year?

Didn't you see this coming with the way everybody jumped on the bandwagon last year?

Haha, I can't remember who said it a few months ago, but someone said, "I didn't even know the Jets had a bandwagon..." Thought it was one of the funniest things ever. :P

rock bottom will be when herms crew comes in on week 17 to a capacity crowd of 48,000 and we manage to get a win and lose out on a potential #1 pick

You would rather lose to Herm and the Chiefs???

The No.1 pick is overated, We play to win every game from now forward no matter what the situation may indeed be.

Archived