Screw Chad and Kellen, we need.....

CoachTsurfing

Andre Woodson. This kid is the next great QB. He has the arm, the mobility, and the accuracy that will translate from the college game to the nfl. Kentucky doesn't have a lot of other great athletes, not much a run game, and he is still getting the job done. The jets have gone on for waaaay to long without a stud at the QB position. I don't care if we keep chad to babysit for a year, trade Kellen, keep Kellen for a back-up, keep chad as back-up. Woodson is the real deal. I've been watching him for the past 3 games, and after today, he can get it done in a big game. I know we need some key pieces on the o line and d line, and probably should take them in the draft ahead of QB, but we need to get rid of some players that aren't fitting the mangini schemes that he is forcing anyways. This is the year to take a chance on our Dan Marino.

My heart tells me Woodson is going to be a bust. He's got a great arm and tons of heart, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn. His respectable completion percentage (65.2%) was compiled mainly against crappy competition:

Eastern Kentucky: 69.0

Kent State: 68.2

Louisville: 68.2

@Arkansas: 53.8

Florida Atlantic: 78.8

@South Carolina: 57.5

LSU: 55.3

I just don't think he's all that accurate...I see him overthrowing a lot of receivers. Plus he's not mobile at all, he's a pocket passer--he's got -101 rushing yards this season, which tells you a lot about his offensive line, but also tells you a lot about his inability to evade the rush.

Woodson is Vince Young without the athleticism.

My heart tells me Woodson is going to be a bust. He's got a great arm and tons of heart, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn. His respectable completion percentage (65.2%) was compiled mainly against crappy competition:

Eastern Kentucky: 69.0

Kent State: 68.2

Louisville: 68.2

@Arkansas: 53.8

Florida Atlantic: 78.8

@South Carolina: 57.5

LSU: 55.3

I just don't think he's all that accurate...I see him overthrowing a lot of receivers. Plus he's not mobile at all, he's a pocket passer--he's got -101 rushing yards this season, which tells you a lot about his offensive line, but also tells you a lot about his inability to evade the rush.

Woodson is Vince Young without the athleticism.

I agree his % isn't great. But look at the teams he played against that his completion % was down. All of them have great defenses.

Andre Woodson. This kid is the next great QB. He has the arm, the mobility, and the accuracy that will translate from the college game to the nfl. Kentucky doesn't have a lot of other great athletes, not much a run game, and he is still getting the job done. The jets have gone on for waaaay to long without a stud at the QB position. I don't care if we keep chad to babysit for a year, trade Kellen, keep Kellen for a back-up, keep chad as back-up. Woodson is the real deal. I've been watching him for the past 3 games, and after today, he can get it done in a big game. I know we need some key pieces on the o line and d line, and probably should take them in the draft ahead of QB, but we need to get rid of some players that aren't fitting the mangini schemes that he is forcing anyways. This is the year to take a chance on our Dan Marino.

What about Colt Brennan from Hawaii? He likes to put the ball in the air & seems to have some mobility. He's 6' 3", 201 lbs. A lot of scouts are high on him. With a name like "Colt", he could be a "gunslinger".

Lets take a page from history and adopt the jetrule's school of thought. GET QUINCY CARTER

it appears they already got him.......

QUINCY CARTER ARRESTED

NBC 5 in Dallas reports that former Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter was arrested on Friday for alleged possession of marijuana.

Carter, the one-time starting quarterback in Dallas, was cut by the team after being suspended in 2004 for violation of the substance-abuse policy. He later spent some time with the Jets, and was in camp in the CFL.

Most recently, he played for one of the teams in af2, the junior version of the Arena Football League.

Earlier this year, a report from ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli that Carter was getting consideration for another chance in the NFL was roundly met with scoffs and guffaws by league insiders.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Screw getting a QB. We should pick an offensive lineman or a top notch pass rusher.

At least someone is thinking here.

I've seen enough guys on this offense with big-play abilities (Leon, Coles, Cotchery, & even Baker & Jones) do absolutely nothing with this garbage OL. It's not 100% Chad Pennington; that's ridiculous.

Then when we do our 3-and-out thing, we can't get back on offense b/c there is no pressure. Despite the being only middle-of-the-pack in # of passing plays on defense, we're near the bottom in sacks, hurries, interceptions, passing yards, touchdown passes, completion percentage, 3rd-down-conversion percentage, and first-downs per game. It's not one isolated stat that can be rationalized like completion percentage; we suck in every aspect on defense & a rookie QB ain't fixing any part of it.

Agree 100% Sperm, I have said all along that QB is not our biggest or even one of our main problems.

In this league you must be able to:

A) Rush the passer (we cant without blitzing)

B) Run the football (this is our main downfall this season)

Until we upgrade the front 7 on D and the OL (Alan Faneca!!!) we cannot be SB contender.

I kind of agree. I want a franchise QB though. I think we can find starting linemen in the 2 and 3rd rounds. I also think we need to spend some dough on good f.a.'s

I understand the want for a franchise QB but think about it. We're going to see what we have in Clemens fairly soon. At this point we have reason to be cautiously optimistic. If we continue to see promising things out of him we shouldn't be messing with a QB. I'd much rather spend a first rounder on Michael Oher or Derrick Harvey.

Like Philly, thats a God Awful game to throw him into.

If Chad struggles today, you start Kellen vs the Bengals!!!!

Yeah, but he would have 2 weeks to prepare. However, I like the way you're thinking. We have to find out sooner or later whether KC has the "right" stuff. KC may get his chance sooner. It seems that almost ALL coaches make the move after the 1st string QB gets hurt, whether real or perceived. Although it's tough on us as JETS fans, every week that goes by, KC is learning even though he isn't in the game. Remember when Chad finaly took over from Vinny? Brady for Bledsoe? etc.

His time will come.

Woodson's accuracy is really really bad.

We arent drafting a QB in the 1st rd next year anyways.

Maybe we could have had Clemens had a season and a 1/2 audition from the browns game on last season thru 2007, but of course we stuck with Chaddy boy so we will likely be going into the 2008 offseason with a slight ? mark at QB instead of fully knowing whether Clemens was the real deal or not.

Just fantastic.

Woodson's accuracy is really really bad.

We arent drafting a QB in the 1st rd next year anyways.

Maybe we could have had Clemens had a season and a 1/2 audition from the browns game on last season thru 2007, but of course we stuck with Chaddy boy so we will likely be going into the 2008 offseason with a slight ? mark at QB instead of fully knowing whether Clemens was the real deal or not.

Just fantastic.

We made the PO's under Chad last year which for that team is an acheivment.

No team would sacrifice the PO's for a QB change, no team!!!!

I dont understand how anyone could give up on Clemens yet, he has potential but he shouldnt be playing yet, especially not vs Philly!!!!

If Kellen is so great that he should have been able to beat a gimpy chad. As far as Ryan goes. I'm just being fickle on woodson because I've seen him actually play. Who has seen Ryan play?? It's more about numbers sometimes.

If Kellen is so great that he should have been able to beat a gimpy chad. As far as Ryan goes. I'm just being fickle on woodson because I've seen him actually play. Who has seen Ryan play?? It's more about numbers sometimes.

Ryan is a lot better than either Woodson, Brohm or Brennan IMHO.

I think he will be a very good NFL QB and if we were going to draft one, he would be the one to take.

Archived