Was last year a fluke because of the schedule?

faba

It was a bad off season. ANd it's been a bad season by the players and coaching staff. They were a surprise last year. Maybe some teams took them lightly. Maybe it was the "Now we'll prove PUT any FORMER HC HERE was the real problem," one year theory.

YOu can't say it's because of a tough schedule. So far they've lost to the Ravens, Giants, Eagles, Bills, Bengals. Not one of those teams might even be a playoff team this year.. In fact, maybe only the Giants are a playoff team and they aren't that great a team. And their only win came against winless Miami. A game they almost lost.

So besides the Patriots, the Jet schedule has been relatively easy. I just don't buy the tough schedule because they are 1-6 having played a lot of avg to bad teams.

It was a bad off season. ANd it's been a bad season by the players and coaching staff. They were a surprise last year. Maybe some teams took them lightly. Maybe it was the "Now we'll prove PUT any FORMER HC HERE was the real problem," one year theory.

YOu can't say it's because of a tough schedule. So far they've lost to the Ravens, Giants, Eagles, Bills, Bengals. Not one of those teams might even be a playoff team this year.. In fact, maybe only the Giants are a playoff team and they aren't that great a team. And their only win came against winless Miami. A game they almost lost.

So besides the Patriots, the Jet schedule has been relatively easy. I just don't buy the tough schedule because they are 1-6 having played a lot of avg to bad teams.

The teams we played obviously arn't as good as the teams we are playing now but at the same time this team seems like it is going through a sophmore slump in the Mangini Era.

I could not disagree more. We have some players but we do not have the personnel for the defense we run and we do not block, (specifcally run block) with any consistency. Our run defense is not worth discussing, it has not been good in a long time...We are playuing better teams and they are just that better.

The teams we played obviously arn't as good as the teams we are playing now but at the same time this team seems like it is going through a sophmore slump in the Mangini Era.

I could not disagree more. We have some players but we do not have the personnel for the defense we run and we do not block, (specifcally run block) with any consistency. Our run defense is not worth discussing, it has not been good in a long time...We are playuing better teams and they are just that better.

The Ravens with a backup QB were not a better team. But it was KC's first start, so who knows. The Bills had a rookie first time QB, no real RB, and half their defense out. The Eagles are not very good. The Bengals stink and the Jets were winning 23-10. The Giants were not that good and Eli was playing injured.

No they have not played teams with better players. Every game so far this season, besides that Patriots game, should have been a Maybe. Instead every one became an L. How bad would it be if the Dolphin's actually won that game right now.. Geez this is one disgusting year.

The Ravens with a backup QB were not a better team. But it was KC's first start, so who knows. The Bills had a rookie first time QB, no real RB, and half their defense out. The Eagles are not very good. The Bengals stink and the Jets were winning 23-10. The Giants were not that good and Eli was playing injured.

No they have not played teams with better players. Every game so far this season, besides that Patriots game, should have been a Maybe. Instead every one became an L. How bad would it be if the Dolphin's actually won that game right now.. Geez this is one disgusting year.

Marshawn Lynch is a real RB.

Marshawn Lynch is a real RB.

faba, that is a good question. It wasn't only the schedule, but I think it was the change over from the Herm years...teams were use to defending against a Herm Edwards style of play...they aren't fooled anymore...and I'm beginning to think us fans are being duped into believing this team has the ability to adapt on the fly...they don't. Where's the creativity? Half time adjustments...what the hell is that?

The season is shot...what they (coaching staff) do now until the end of the year will be very telling for next season (here we go again with next season...I'm tired of this ****)...if Mangini has this team playing at the level it is playing at right now next year, Herm Edwards will have the last laugh and we'll be burning Mangini in effigy.

faba, that is a good question. It wasn't only the schedule, but I think it was the change over from the Herm years...teams were use to defending against a Herm Edwards style of play...they aren't fooled anymore...and I'm beginning to think us fans are being duped into believing this team has the ability to adapt on the fly...they don't. Where's the creativity? Half time adjustments...what the hell is that?

The season is shot...what they (coaching staff) do now until the end of the year will be very telling for next season (here we go again with next season...I'm tired of this ****)...if Mangini has this team playing at the level it is playing at right now next year, Herm Edwards will have the last laugh and we'll be burning Mangini in effigy.

One thing for certain NS Mangini has lost his genius status!

I did not say they had better players I said we played better teams

Of the six teams we played this year only one of them ranks below us in offense and defense that team is the Bills and they beat us. In fact we made thier back up QB look good.

The ravens the patriots the giants and the eagles are all in the top 12 defenses

The patriots, bengals eagles and giants are top ten offenses Miami is ranked 15 ravens 17

The Jets are ranked 29th on offense and 28th on defense. So I beg to differ. with the exception of the bills, all of the teams we played are better much better than us in one or both aspects of the game.

I did not say they had better players I said we played better teams

Of the six teams we played this year only one of them ranks below us in offense and defense that team is the Bills and they beat us. In fact we made thier back up QB look good.

The ravens the patriots the giants and the eagles are all in the top 12 defenses

The patriots, bengals eagles and giants are top ten offenses Miami is ranked 15 ravens 17

The Jets are ranked 29th on offense and 28th on defense. So I beg to differ. with the exception of the bills, all of the teams we played are better much better than us in one or both aspects of the game.

He never earned the title genius.... there were people that gave it to him because of who he worked for not because of any individual accomplishment. I think people really thought this guy was a genius. This Tangini and mangenious nonsense needs to cease. Last year people were talking about giving mangini a contract exentension. I wonder how those people feel now...

He never earned the title genius.... there were people that gave it to him because of who he worked for not because of any individual accomplishment. I think people really thought this guy was a genius. This Tangini and mangenious nonsense needs to cease. Last year people were talking about giving mangini a contract exentension. I wonder how those people feel now...

I'm not buying into the fluke thing.

Just like this season is not a fluke- it is the result of poor coaching, some questionable personnel moves and non-moves, inconsissent player execution, bad playcalling on both sides of the ball, and 4th quarter turnovers.

Last season was not a fluke either- the defense executed better the second half of the season, the playcalling was better even with a rrbc, the coaching decisions during the game were better, and special teams/kicking was better.

Archived