K Igawa or DiceK

afosomf

Matsuzaka was the definition of mediocre and Flukeajima got bombed. What games were you watching?

Dice-K came up huge in game 7 of the ALCS when we needed him. And Okajima's 2.45 ERA and astounding 11 innings in the postseason were much needed as well. Sure he gave up two homeruns but hadn't given up a run until Game 3 of the World Series, and his 2.1 flawless innings in Game 2 helped seal the victory.

Like I said they were both tired and worn down and still went out and took the ball every time Tito asked them to. And now they are both World Champions.

Dice-K came up huge in game 7 of the ALCS when we needed him. And Okajima's 2.45 ERA and astounding 11 innings in the postseason were much needed as well. Sure he gave up two homeruns but hadn't given up a run until Game 3 of the World Series, and his 2.1 flawless innings in Game 2 helped seal the victory.

Like I said they were both tired and worn down and still went out and took the ball every time Tito asked them to. And now they are both World Champions.

5ip 2er is huge? Give me a break with your revisionist history. Luis Sojo and Chad Curtis have rings too that doesn't make them good players.

5ip 2er is huge? Give me a break with your revisionist history. Luis Sojo and Chad Curtis have rings too that doesn't make them good players.

With a tired arm in a winner-take-all game and not many other viable options, yes 5 innings pitched and only 2 ER is huge.

It's a lot better than 1 IP and 4 ER in an elimination game.

With a tired arm in a winner-take-all game and not many other viable options, yes 5 innings pitched and only 2 ER is huge.

It's a lot better than 1 IP and 4 ER in an elimination game.

Yeah because now we judge players on one mediocre game. Not a body of work.

Yeah because now we judge players on one mediocre game. Not a body of work.

Yet you choose to single out Okajima's last two appearances to say he got bombed, conveniently leaving out he was the reliever most heavily relied on and performed superbly aside from those last two outings, which didn't even negatively impact the team.

So which is it Mike? Or do you just pick and choose to determine whichever set of circumstances makes you right?

Yet you choose to single out Okajima's last two appearances to say he got bombed, conveniently leaving out he was the reliever most heavily relied on and performed superbly aside from those last two outings, which didn't even negatively impact the team.

So which is it Mike? Or do you just pick and choose to determine whichever set of circumstances makes you right?

Yeah i didn't show how flukajima's numbers got MUCH worse as the season went on and how his ERA went up 4 points in the 2nd half LMAO. You are the one who is trying to make something of single games.

Yeah i didn't show how flukajima's numbers got MUCH worse as the season went on and how his ERA went up 4 points in the 2nd half LMAO. You are the one who is trying to make something of single games.

His 2.45 ERA in the playoffs seemed fine with me, given the extensive innings pitched throughout. It is fairly obvious that when he started going bad it was because he was tiring. They shut him down and he came back strong for the finals weeks and the post-season. Next season he will be used to the rigorous MLB season and should still post solid numbers. No one expects him to have a sub-1 ERA for an entire season, but he should be a high quality LH set-up man for the Sox.

His 2.45 ERA in the playoffs seemed fine with me, given the extensive innings pitched throughout. It is fairly obvious that when he started going bad it was because he was tiring. They shut him down and he came back strong for the finals weeks and the post-season. Next season he will be used to the rigorous MLB season and should still post solid numbers. No one expects him to have a sub-1 ERA for an entire season, but he should be a high quality LH set-up man for the Sox.

Yeah the 8 innings in the playoffs where he gave up 2 bomb homers is whats important not his 2nd half stats where he got BOMBED. NTM every team who saw him more than 2 or 3 times bombed him as well. He's as clear a fluke as i've ever seen in baseball.

Yeah the 8 innings in the playoffs where he gave up 2 bomb homers is whats important not his 2nd half stats where he got BOMBED. NTM every team who saw him more than 2 or 3 times bombed him as well. He's as clear a fluke as i've ever seen in baseball.

Last time I checked, yes, the winning World Series is more important than the regular season. I know you Yankee fans have a hard time believing this since it has been so long since you have seen one.

Oh and of teams Okajima pitched more than 4 innings against this season, only the Yankees had significant success. And most of that came in August and September when he was exhausted.

Last time I checked, yes, the winning World Series is more important than the regular season. I know you Yankee fans have a hard time believing this since it has been so long since you have seen one.

Oh and of teams Okajima pitched more than 4 innings against this season, only the Yankees had significant success. And most of that came in August and September when he was exhausted.

Winning the world series is based on luck and what team gets hot at the right time. Stop making excuses for him, anyone with a 75 IQ knows that he'll never come close to repeating last year.

Winning the world series is based on luck and what team gets hot at the right time. Stop making excuses for him, anyone with a 75 IQ knows that he'll never come close to repeating last year.

Winning the World Series is based on luck. LOL. That is gold.

Well boys the other team was more lucky than us today. They hit the ball and we struck out too much. Those are the breaks.

Winning the World Series is based on luck. LOL. That is gold.

Well boys the other team was more lucky than us today. They hit the ball and we struck out too much. Those are the breaks.

The playoffs are a crapshoot. If someone doesn't realize that there is no point arguing it.

So that fact that the Sox had the best regular season, led wire to wire, and had one of the best pitching staffs in baseball had nothing to do with it. They were just lucky?

You make the sweeping conclusions without providing any reason why. Why won't he come close to repeating his performance? Just because you say so isn't reason enough. His post-season performance is more than enough justification that he should be fine and perform to a high level again next season.

So that fact that the Sox had the best regular season, led wire to wire, and had one of the best pitching staffs in baseball had nothing to do with it. They were just lucky?

You make the sweeping conclusions without providing any reason why. Why won't he come close to repeating his performance? Just because you say so isn't reason enough. His post-season performance is more than enough justification that he should be fine and perform to a high level again next season.

Becuase he's never in his life in any league came close to that level of performance before and never will again...

Becuase he's never in his life in any league came close to that level of performance before and never will again...

Well the Red Sox are going with the next eleventy billion World Series because they won the last one.

I'm done. There is no rationalizing or reasoning or common ground with you. It's your way or the highway. You needed to be hugged more as a child or something.

Everyone knows that Mike Lowell collapses in the second half.

That's the problem with just following trends. Sometimes players buck the trends and make people look foolish.

Well the Red Sox are going with the next eleventy billion World Series because they won the last one.

I'm done. There is no rationalizing or reasoning or common ground with you. It's your way or the highway. You needed to be hugged more as a child or something.

This is where you prove how little you know. There is a major difference between one post season and a 10 year career track record which is what Flukajima has. It's very clear what kind of pitcher he is. The best team doesn't always win the world series. In fact they USUALLY don't.

Everyone knows that Mike Lowell collapses in the second half.

That's the problem with just following trends. Sometimes players buck the trends and make people look foolish.

True but over longer periods of time no players escape the reality of reverting back to their career norms. Lowell's numbers show how fluky his year was.

The best team always wins the world series. Thats the definition of the best team, not how many wins they get, runs scored vs runs allowed, or anything else; its the team thats left standing at the end. Is the purpose of the season to win as many games as possible or have the highest team OPS and/or ERA? No, its to win the world series. If you don't win the WS then you failed, and only 1 team each year doesn't fail. Win 90-100 games... who cares, it doesn't matter. The team that performs when it matters is the best team. If the team you are playing performs when it matters and you don't, you're not the best team. Its that simple.

Archived