How Long Will Teams Let NE Run Up The Score?

Smizzy

shouldn't you be singing children's songs

I never said pats should be playing at half speed, there is no need to throw

the ball in the 4th qtr up by 5 tds, you hand off to your scrubs and if they

can't tackle your scrub, they f them.

So, you are up big and it's 4th and 1 at the 23 or so. What to do? Kick a FG? No. You go for it - giving the team a chance to stop you. That said, Brady comes to the line of scrimmage and see's eight men in th box - but you still want him to call a running play? They are still playing, you know. Quite frankly, I find it immensely more disrespectful if a rival team attempted a play that was MEANT to fail.

I, for one, am glad I have "Belicheat" as my coach and that he has the devotion of all his players. I actually feel bad for some Jest fans (the ones I like) - having Manjudas as your head coach and watching Manjudas lose the Jets locker room completely.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Belicheat tried that in the Miami game. Cassell threw a pick that got taken to the house and last I heard Cassell was somewhere on a plane heading for Cuba.

What raffy said is true though. If this were the Jets I would say about 95% of the people here would be loving it.

To me though what good is it to Belicheat. All he is doing is p!ssing off the entire NFL and going against everything that the "Pats Way" stood for.

It may not be today, tommorow, or even this season but athletes have long memories and you can be rest assured that Belicheat, Brady and the rest of the Pats will get what is coming to them. It may be a cheap shot, it may be some vicious hit over the middle or the weather could turn ugly forcing the Pats to actually have to try and run the football, or it could be someone goes out there and figures out the way you beat the Pats is to kick the crap out of their recievers the same way Belicheat did it to Buffalo in Super Bowl 25 or the Rams in 2001.

Until then though we have to sit and take it as fans.

the only team mumbles should try and run up score against is the NY football

Jests, with that said i would expect our D to start taking vicious shots at all

there stars, legally or illegally, I'm sure woody would help pay the fine.

if mumbles wants a bloodbath ..then let there be blood.

So, you are up big and it's 4th and 1 at the 23 or so. What to do? Kick a FG? No. You go for it - giving the team a chance to stop you. That said, Brady comes to the line of scrimmage and see's eight men in th box - but you still want him to call a running play? They are still playing, you know. Quite frankly, I find it immensely more disrespectful if a rival team attempted a play that was MEANT to fail.

UMMMMMMMM why would cindy still be in game?? no field goals, just a run up

middle if they can't stop you so be it, the object should be to try and run out clock not run up score.

shouldn't you be singing children's songs

I never said pats should be playing at half speed, there is no need to throw

the ball in the 4th qtr up by 5 tds, you hand off to your scrubs and if they

can't tackle your scrub, they f them.

I only do Karaoke, and even then it's rather noticeable that I didn't get my dad's voice (former Italian singer).

Sometimes you have to throw the ball because the run just isn't there. If a team starts just kneeling on the ball then I would be even more pissed if I was the other team.

If you can't stop the team you're playing then it's going to be a looong day regardless.

UMMMMMMMM why would cindy still be in game?? no field goals, just a run up

middle if they can't stop you so be it, the object should be to try and run out clock not run up score.

Brady left the game with approx 8:50 minutes left to the game.

Hey, with Indy having a crazy lead over their opponent last Sunday - why did Manning stay in the game until there were 9 minutes left to the game? And - didn't he throw a long ball BERFORE he was lifted? Why yes! Yes, I think he did! However, Peyton plays for the Colts - they are angels. The Pats - evil. I get it. ;)

Brady left the game with approx 8:50 minutes left to the game.

Hey, with Indy having a crazy lead over their opponent last Sunday - why did Manning stay in the game until there were 9 minutes left to the game? And - didn't he throw a long ball BERFORE he was listed? Why yes! Yes, I think he did! However, Peyton plays for the Colts - they are angels. The Pats - evil. I get it. ;)

garb get your head out of your arse, the colts only won 31-7, they did not score in the final 9 minutes and sorgi was in game!!!!!!!!!!

dungy has class, i would never say that a 24-7 lead is safe, ask the phins or oilers? a 5td lead is a bit much don't you think LMS

I, for one, am glad I have "Belicheat" as my coach and that he has the devotion of all his players. I actually feel bad for some Jest fans (the ones I like) - having Manjudas as your head coach and watching Manjudas lose the Jets locker room completely.

So I take it means BB is Jesus? You people are sick!;)

the only team mumbles should try and run up score against is the NY football

Jests, with that said i would expect our D to start taking vicious shots at all

there stars, legally or illegally, I'm sure woody would help pay the fine.

if mumbles wants a bloodbath ..then let there be blood.

I would love to see some blood, snot-knockers and good old fashioned hitting. Problem is they don't allow blood in the NFL anymore, guys get roughing calls for pushing a QB with their hands. But that discussion is for another day.

If the Jets, or any other team for that matter, can get to Brady then you'll see a lot less passing but right now no one is even coming close to touching Brady never mind able to put a serious hurt on him.

Here's to hoping Freeney ate his Wheaties this week because that Pat's offensive line really knows how to hold, um I mean block.:P

So I take it means BB is Jesus? You people are sick!;)

I would love to see some blood, snot-knockers and good old fashioned hitting. Problem is they don't allow blood in the NFL anymore, guys get roughing calls for pushing a QB with their hands. But that discussion is for another day.

If the Jets, or any other team for that matter, can get to Brady then you'll see a lot less passing but right now no one is even coming close to touching Brady never mind able to put a serious hurt on him.

Here's to hoping Freeney ate his Wheaties this week because that Pat's offensive line really knows how to hold, um I mean block.:P

Yes the Pats are the best holders in the league, for some reason Kraft's checks to the official retirement funds seems to make a difference.

garb get your head out of your arse, the colts only won 31-7, they did not score in the final 9 minutes and sorgi was in game!!!!!!!!!!

dungy has class, i would never say that a 24-7 lead is safe, ask the phins or oilers? a 5td lead is a bit much don't you think LMS

They ONLY won 31-7. HAHAHAHAAHAHA. The Pats beat the Dolphins by less than that and they were piling on - the Colst beat their opponent by 24 - and they have class. Okay. :rolleyes:

I am so sick of the Dungy has Class song. Says who? He cries to every competition and rules committee. His deceased kid - who clearly was not well in the head - was sent off to an off-campus apt, and out of Indy, to fend for himself (and I am convinced to not shine any negative light on classy dad). Please.....classy......

Yes the Pats are the best holders in the league, for some reason Kraft's checks to the official retirement funds seems to make a difference.

Don't leave out the fact that Randy Moss pushes off on just about every play, but I think since he invented that move that he's grandfathered in and they can't call interference on him.

Garb, you need to stop playing the "Everyone sees the Pats as evil and the colts as angels" schtick, it's getting really lame around here. I can't watch an NFL game without hearing the words Brady at least 5 or six times and how magical he is in some way shape or form. I would save that crap for the Patsy circle jerks on their message board, I'm sure they love it.

Don't leave out the fact that Randy Moss pushes off on just about every play, but I think since he invented that move that he's grandfathered in and they can't call interference on him.

Garb, you need to stop playing the "Everyone sees the Pats as evil and the colts as angels" schtick, it's getting really lame around here. I can't watch an NFL game without hearing the words Brady at least 5 or six times and how magical he is in some way shape or form. I would save that crap for the Patsy circle jerks on their message board, I'm sure they love it.

Laverneous never pushed off :rolleyes:

And, while holding is rampant and often not called everywhere, please tell me with a straight face that the Pats get away with it more??? C'mon - check out a Cowboys game sometime. As a matter of fact, check out the Jets home opener. You want holding? You got your holding right there on film - by the Green and white.

Raffy D - I am sorry you don't like my schtick. The truth is hard to take sometimes.

They ONLY won 31-7. HAHAHAHAAHAHA. The Pats beat the Dolphins by less than that and they were piling on - the Colst beat their opponent by 24 - and they have class. Okay. :rolleyes:

I am so sick of the Dungy has Class song. Says who? He cries to every competition and rules committee. His deceased kid - who clearly was not well in the head - was sent off to an off-campus apt, and out of Indy, to fend for himself (and I am convinced to not shine any negative light on classy dad). Please.....classy......

i never did refer to phins game did I, i am referring to skins game.

Now for you to call out Dungy and his son is uncalled for, you have no idea what went down between the two. I assume you have no kids cause this is as callous a statement as i have seen. I'll leave it at that..someday you

may have kids and your tune will change.

Laverneous never pushed off :rolleyes:

And, while holding is rampant and often not called everywhere, please tell me with a straight face that the Pats get away with it more??? C'mon - check out a Cowboys game sometime. As a matter of fact, check out the Jets home opener. You want holding? You got your holding right there on film - by the Green and white.

Raffy D - I am sorry you don't like my schtick. The truth is hard to take sometimes.

I got nervous when I read that first part, thought maybe we'd met up somewhere in the past.;)

Seriously though, if you believe in something hard enough it eventually becomes the truth so rock on - or in a more appropriate phrase: Don't stop, believin'!

I got nervous when I read that first part, thought maybe we'd met up somewhere in the past.;)

Seriously though, if you believe in something hard enough it eventually becomes the truth so rock on - or in a more appropriate phrase: Don't stop, believin'!

Fair enough.

I beleive it, therefore it's true. ;)

I still think Dungy is a d*nk in sheeps clothing - but the kid thing WAS over the line. Assmop called me out on it - good for you, Assmop. My bad.

BALONEY-all it takes is running plays and not going for it on 4th and 1 up by 5 TDs-it's running up the score plain and simple and I for one would be embarassed if my team were doing it-ya know every single week

Hell I would be happy if the Jets could run up the score every week.

Scumbags supporting scumbags...I'm not surprised.

i agree with the pats here .bb,and the pats are out to prove a point to the nfl. we can beat any body without cheating.stop us if you can!!!! these guys get paid a lot of money to do what they do. this is not collage,or high school. these are supreme athetes. other teams should get over it. shut up,and play football.

I'm pretty disappointed in a lot of you - especially you older folks. The gen X wimps - well they can't help themselves. But for grown men to want someone to take it easy on them - paid professional football players - well, all I can say is the reason you aren't a good team is because you have absolutely no heart and desire.

And trust me, if the opposite was true (and if you look at the Pats history; they were beaten bad on many occasions) - the Pats would not cry about a team running up the score. Stop 'em. If you can't, shut up. Yeesh.

Hate to say it, but I agree with Garb here. This is a professional sport where the athletes and coaches are paid millions of $$. So what if they run up the score? Why should they lay down at the sake of the opposing teams "feelings."

I hate the Gaytriots as much as the next Jet fan, but I see no reason why they (or any team) should feel the need to lay low in the 4th qtr regardless of how many points they're ahead.

Riddle me this: if keeping Brady in is classless, what exactly is wishing (and you know it's wishing - even begging for it) injury on Tom Brady? Classy? One thing is for sure - it's hypocritical.

I can't imagine John Hannah - suffering a humiliating loss against the Bears in the SB - crying about 1) The Fridge running a TD in 2) the Bears piling it on 3) Trying to hurt Sweetness. All I remember him doing was calling out Eason and telling him to take off his skirt. I do not recall any media members saying the Bears were awful bullies. Nope, the Bears were dominant. Plain and simple. Ah, the good 'ole days when men were men, the ones that wore skirts were frowned upon, and the press was trying to report things responsibly.

Riddle me this: if keeping Brady in is classless, what exactly is wishing (and you know it's wishing - even begging for it) injury on Tom Brady? Classy? One thing is for sure - it's hypocritical.

I can't imagine John Hannah - suffering a humiliating loss against the Bears in the SB - crying about 1) The Fridge running a TD in 2) the Bears piling it on 3) Trying to hurt Sweetness. All I remember him doing was calling out Eason and telling him to take off his skirt. I do not recall any media members saying the Bears were awful bullies. Nope, the Bears were dominant. Plain and simple. Ah, the good 'ole days when men were men, the ones that wore skirts were frowned upon, and the press was trying to report things responsibly.

I don't know if anyone is wishing for it, im surely not. I wouldn't mind brady getting his knee ripped up, but im not wishing for it by any means. But to think that there isn't someone out there who could possibly do it, is ridiculous. I do think someone will at least try to take a shot at him. And, if it happens with the pats up by 20 in the 4th quarter, you better not be complaining, as you believe he should stay in the game. BB might be a good coach, but obviously he isn't that smart overall if he doesn't see why he should take brady out in the second half of blowout games.

oh please, most of you want it to happen (Brady injury).

if someone cheap-hits Brady, I'll complain. You bet. If someone hits him clean - well, thems the breaks.

i want to see him hobble off the field, and i think they are running up the score, and i think BB is a pile of human waste, and i hate the patriots.

It matters not. :cool:

if someone cheap-hits Brady, I'll complain. You bet. If someone hits him clean - well, thems the breaks.

how about a "clean" shot like the one Wilfork put on JP Losman's knee...you know when he was trying to break his fall with his elbow out-which was most Pats fans excuse I might add

how about a "clean" shot like the one Wilfork put on JP Losman's knee...you know when he was trying to break his fall with his elbow out-which was most Pats fans excuse I might add

I waver about that hit. He says with GREAT conviction that he was trying to break his fall - you can't help but beleive him. Then, you try to invision yourself falling and trying to break your fall and the whole elbow thing just does not come into the picture. Therefore, if Brady is hit by a "breaking elbow," as a Pats fan, I can't say nary a negative word. :)

I waver about that hit. He says with GREAT conviction that he was trying to break his fall - you can't help but beleive him. Then, you try to invision yourself falling and trying to break your fall and the whole elbow thing just does not come into the picture. Therefore, if Brady is hit by a "breaking elbow," as a Pats fan, I can't say nary a negative word. :)

Jesus T....I'm speechless

Sorry, unlike you, i don't try talking for other people.

As for complaining, go ahead, it will just make you look like a bigger imbecile. although it doesn't look like you have any problem with that. for one, you have plenty of players on your team who have given questionable hits in the past (i.e. wilfork and harrison) and two, maybe that "genius" should have kept brady out of the game to protect against such things.

But it was ok when Wilfat did it to Losman, right? Oh, I forgot, it was an "accident" when he lunged his elbow into the side of his knee. Too bad Harrison is on the Pats already, as he's dirty enough of a player to do it.

Before they put Brady or another Patriot in the hospital with a cheap shot?

Things are really going very very well for the Pats. They love scoring points and are basically humiliating the other team. They are at the top of their game. But what do you think will happen when they start coming back to earth. The other teams will lay into them without mercy. Things have a way of equalizing in the NFL real fast, I can guarantee you that what goes around will come around for Bellycheat and the Patsies...

Can anyone else see some player just having enough of this and taking a cheap shot at Brady. If it gets to the point where tehy are still doing this all season long I really wouldnt be suprised at all to see a defensive player snap.

man i would LOVE to see matt cassel have to guide this team in the playoffs

Archived