Coles probably out. Thanks Chad.

DonCorleone

Yeah....they were so positive GibbsII would be the answer and are now starting to say it's time for him to go. They are also furious that Al Saunders, known for his playbook, has such a bland offense.

I saw a few posts questioning whether Jason Campbell was capable enough to run a more complex offense. And while i was looking up his name, i came across this:

Browns place Ted Washington on injured reserve; claim defensive back

AP, Oct 31, 2007

Cleveland nose tackle Ted Washington's season ended Wednesday when the Browns placed the massive 17-year veteran on injured reserve. Washington began the season as a starter, but was inactive for two games as Ethan Kelly started in the 39-year-old's spot. The Browns said Washington has an injured left knee

Are you ****ting me?

Did you watch that pass and the one in Miami last year?

WTF does that have to do with Coles? :confused0058:

Chrebet played for a strong aramed QB and got hurt often... its the type of WR they are... they expose themselves for the team... you wont see Randy Moss getting those injuries becuase he will not expose himself...

Chrebet played for a strong aramed QB and got hurt often... its the type of WR they are... they expose themselves for the team... you wont see Randy Moss getting those injuries becuase he will not expose himself...

Bull****, Chrebet was a slot receiver. Coles is a split end/Flanker. totally different comparisons. and Chrebet got lit up while Penny's passes were flying. not Vinny's. check your fact books.

Bull****, Chrebet was a slot receiver. Coles is a split end/Flanker. totally different comparisons. and Chrebet got lit up while Penny's passes were flying. not Vinny's. check your fact books.

His "fact" book is really a Chad Pennington scrap book.

What a stupid ****ing title...

Vinny had a cannon and got Chrebet killed multiple times...

It was not the QB's fault... it happens

We are talking about a specific play, dooshey.

On this specific play, Chad got Laverneus killed with his high and slow lobber throw.

End of story.

Why is he bitter towards Washington? Didn't they give him a boatload of cash?

I seem to remember Coles leaving the Jets because they wouldn't pay him what he wanted. I remember saying that I would not pay him whatever the sum was either. He went to Washington for the money, but was unhappy playing there. I do not know why. Anyway when he became a available, the Jets resigned him. I must say, he's played great since he's back, but that was not the case before he left.

That was not Chads fault. Its not like he hung him out to dry over the middle. He threw a curl route a little high, you cant put the injury on him. Its football, these things happen,

I agree wholeheartedly! Chad's out now, and there's no reason to kick him when he's down.:Typotux:

You know what I think about this? Cmon -- you want to know what I think, admit it.

I personally felt there is some life to the Chad is getting these guys killed theories. What is swaying my opinion a bit? Coles himself. Coles wasn't thrilled with the switch because he loves Chad. They are friends and all but seriously if Chad was getting Coles killed -- I think L.C. would be happier about the switch.

Friendship is one thing. Extending your playing career is another and much more important.

Who's to say Coles isn't happy about the switch. He was Chad's favorite recever and he wants the ball thrown to him. Kellen the few times we've seen him looks as though he'll be throwing over the middle more, but Laverneus will get his catches too.

Laveranues Coles has concussion, likely out Sunday

By RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 12:47 PM

The Kellen Clemens era is set to begin Sunday against the Redskins, and there's a good chance it won't include WR Laveranues Coles.

Coles suffered a concussion in Sunday's loss to the Bills, coach Eric Mangini confirmed today. Coles didn't practice, and there are strong indications he will sit out the game.

Coles is known for his toughness, but concussions are a hot-button issue in the NFL and the mere fact that Mangini admitted it was a concussion - in a conference call with the Washington D.C. media - should speak volumes.

It will kill Coles if he can't play. He's a former Redskin, and he left Washington after a bitter divorce in 2005. The Jets reacquired Coles in a trade for WR Santana Moss.

Without Coles, Clemens will be throwing to Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith and Justin McCareins, who might be summoned from the doghouse - his address since his two-drop disaster in Week 2 at Baltimore.

Thanks Chad? His throw was on target, it wasn't even high but Coles(as he has always done) likes to jump for passes even when he doesn't have to.

I seem to remember Coles leaving the Jets because they wouldn't pay him what he wanted. I remember saying that I would not pay him whatever the sum was either. He went to Washington for the money, but was unhappy playing there. I do not know why. Anyway when he became a available, the Jets resigned him. I must say, he's played great since he's back, but that was not the case before he left.

I thought we traded Santana for him to get him back, and then gave him a new bigger contract.

I dunno Coles contract, but I don't think he is a top 10 WR in this league but is a notch below that. He's tough as nails but I think it will be Cotchery that develops into the true game breaking WR. Actually Coles can play the role of CJ and let Cotch put up the Housh-like numbers. Not a bad tandem at all, at all. Hopefully Clemens can start taking advantage of it. I really think we do have talent on the offensive side of the ball but it has been terribly mismanaged, whether because of Chad or because of Schott. I don't care I just hope it changes.

I agree.

The Jets WR have a horrible history with that particular injury..But it takes somthing away from KC given the fact that our best WR is out.

Toon/Chrebet

I am sure Al Toon does not send Ken O'Brien any Christmas cards. Neil O'Donnell, Boomer, all mediocre throwers. If only Browning Nagle had possessed a brain...........

That was not Chads fault. Its not like he hung him out to dry over the middle. He threw a curl route a little high, you cant put the injury on him. Its football, these things happen,

I disagree. Theres been numerous times where Chad has thrown the ball in a manner that only gets recievers killed.

Archived