Coles probably out. Thanks Chad.

DonCorleone

Laveranues Coles has concussion, likely out Sunday

By RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 12:47 PM

The Kellen Clemens era is set to begin Sunday against the Redskins, and there's a good chance it won't include WR Laveranues Coles.

Coles suffered a concussion in Sunday's loss to the Bills, coach Eric Mangini confirmed today. Coles didn't practice, and there are strong indications he will sit out the game.

Coles is known for his toughness, but concussions are a hot-button issue in the NFL and the mere fact that Mangini admitted it was a concussion - in a conference call with the Washington D.C. media - should speak volumes.

It will kill Coles if he can't play. He's a former Redskin, and he left Washington after a bitter divorce in 2005. The Jets reacquired Coles in a trade for WR Santana Moss.

Without Coles, Clemens will be throwing to Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith and Justin McCareins, who might be summoned from the doghouse - his address since his two-drop disaster in Week 2 at Baltimore.

So a wr getting hit while going for a ball on the sideline is now chad's fault too? lol

Yes it is, and so are the wildfires in california.

And every incompletion KC throws this week will be CP's fault, since Coles wont be in there.

:-P

Why is he bitter towards Washington? Didn't they give him a boatload of cash?

I dunno. i found this, though:

The Washington Redskins grew older and smaller at receiver yesterday as they finally agreed to trade disgruntled Laveranues Coles back to the New York Jets for fellow wideout Santana Moss, ending two weeks of speculation.

The trade is contingent on each player passing a physical tomorrow or Tuesday, and neither club would comment until the deal becomes official. Despite an arthritic big toe that hampered Coles for most of his two seasons in Washington, a Redskins source said last week he didn't think the exam would be an issue.

Coles blamed coach Joe Gibbs' conservative offense for his career-low 10.6 yards a catch last season. However after Coles averaged 17 yards in his first three games...

So a wr getting hit while going for a ball on the sideline is now chad's fault too? lol

That was not Chads fault. Its not like he hung him out to dry over the middle. He threw a curl route a little high, you cant put the injury on him. Its football, these things happen,

Actually, it was. A ball thrown high and got there slow. If that ball was thrown lower so Coles wouldn't have to leap and arrived when it should have, Coles would have made the catch turned around and faced the CB 1 on 1. He likely still gets tackled, but he definitely wouldn't have been slammed down into the ground from up in the air. That's not the first time Chad has completely destroyed Coles with a bad/weak throw. Hopefully it's the last.

The Washington Redskins grew older and smaller at receiver yesterday as they finally agreed to trade disgruntled Laveranues Coles back to the New York Jets for fellow wideout Santana Moss, ending two weeks of speculation.

The trade is contingent on each player passing a physical tomorrow or Tuesday, and neither club would comment until the deal becomes official. Despite an arthritic big toe that hampered Coles for most of his two seasons in Washington, a Redskins source said last week he didn't think the exam would be an issue.

Coles blamed coach Joe Gibbs' conservative offense for his career-low 10.6 yards a catch last season. However after Coles averaged 17 yards in his first three games...

Funny how an arthritic toe hampered him in Washington, but he's not had problems with it(that i know of) in NY eh?

Actually, it was. A ball thrown high and got there slow. If that ball was thrown lower so Coles wouldn't have to leap and arrived when it should have, Coles would have made the catch turned around and faced the CB 1 on 1. He likely still gets tackled, but he definitely wouldn't have been slammed down into the ground from up in the air. That's not the first time Chad has completely destroyed Coles with a bad/weak throw. Hopefully it's the last.

Stop the nonsense... CHrebet should be all the proof you need that concussions just happen to tough guys who hang themselves out...

Yep, no QB has ever thrown a high pass before.

No WR has ever been injured from getting hit by a DB.

It's actually mangina's fault if you want to extrapolate beyond your agenda.

If he didnt start pennington, this never would have happened.

Yep, no QB has ever thrown a high pass before.

No WR has ever been injured from getting hit by a DB.

It's actually mangina's fault if you want to extrapolate beyond your agenda.

If he didnt start pennington, this never would have happened.

Actually, JC, that is where you're wrong. It's really Belichicks fault. He knew by discouraging Mangini from going to the Jets, that he would in turn want to do it more. Belichick knew that Mangini would start Chad on that exact game, for that exact play, and that he would leave Coles out to dry, causing him a concussion....

Screw you Bill Belichick...screw you

Actually, JC, that is where you're wrong. It's really Belichicks fault. He knew by discouraging Mangini from going to the Jets, that he would in turn want to do it more. Belichick knew that Mangini would start Chad on that exact game, for that exact play, and that he would leave Coles out to dry, causing him a concussion....

Screw you Bill Belichick...screw you

You're right- it's all belicheat's fault. My bad.

:bag:

What a stupid ****ing title...

Vinny had a cannon and got Chrebet killed multiple times...

It was not the QB's fault... it happens

I can't do it anymore....you need a reality check. You are seriously out of your mind with all this Chad love.

He got COLES KILLED with his bull**** weak throws.

That was not Chads fault. Its not like he hung him out to dry over the middle. He threw a curl route a little high, you cant put the injury on him. Its football, these things happen,

They're all curl routes! they all have to come back to the football with Chad...that is the problem.

lol, that excuse is a bigger reach then LC made to get that ball.

Moss's act is growing thin on Skin's fans as well. They loved him year one of that deal but the same old issues(injuries-alligator arms) have resurfaced.

As for blaming a WR injury on the QB not pinpointing a pass.....please. This is football agenda girls.

Moss's act is growing thin on Skin's fans as well. They loved him year one of that deal but the same old issues(injuries-alligator arms) have resurfaced.

As for blaming a WR injury on the QB not pinpointing a pass.....please. This is football agenda girls.

I took a quick look at a skins board yesterday, and there seems to be greater concerns with not trusting ownership/management to put a regime together post-Gibbs. They have far more serious concerns than a WR right now.

I took a quick look at a skins board yesterday, and there seems to be greater concerns with not trusting ownership/management to put a regime together post-Gibbs. They have far more serious concerns than a WR right now.

Yeah....they were so positive GibbsII would be the answer and are now starting to say it's time for him to go. They are also furious that Al Saunders, known for his playbook, has such a bland offense.

Wrong again.

It's Leon Hess' fault.

If he hadn't hired Parcells, he wouldn't have brought Lil Bill in and , well you know the rest.

Leon Hess was the owner of the New York Jets whose oil fortune made him one of the wealthiest owners in professional sports; his wish to see his team return to the Super Bowl for the first time since their 1969 title fell one game short in 1998; in March of 1963, a group including Hess and three partners purchased the American Football League's Jets, then known as the New York Titans, out of bankruptcy for $1million; he eventually bought out his partners in 1977; angered the league when he moved the team from Shea Stadium to the Meadowlands in New Jersey for the 1984 season; saw the team through several recent coaching changes, including the hiring of Bill Parcells after the 1996-97 season; an oilman since the Depression, Hess turned a New Jersey refining company into the multi-billion dollar Amerada Hess Corp.; he resigned as chairman and CEO in 1995. Hess died of complications from blood disease on May 7, 1999.

If Hess had not won the Super bowl in 69, he would have sold the team in disgust long before hiring Parcells, and Parcells never would have brought BB in.

But the Jets would not have won the SB without Joe Namath.

Therefore, it is clear that Namath is to blame for Coles' concussion.

If Hess had not won the Super bowl in 69, he would have sold the team in disgust long before hiring Parcells, and Parcells never would have brought BB in.

But the Jets would not have won the SB without Joe Namath.

Therefore, it is clear that Namath is to blame for Coles' concussion.

LOL

This stuff deserves a thread of its own. I'm pretty sure if we try hard enough, we can blame Coles' concussion on the North Koreans. Or maybe in light of the lounge thread...big foot?

I can't do it anymore....you need a reality check. You are seriously out of your mind with all this Chad love.

He got COLES KILLED with his bull**** weak throws.

Why did Chrebet get killed by Testeverde?

WHy does ANY WR get killed?

Your reaching on this one...

Why did Chrebet get killed by Testeverde?

WHy does ANY WR get killed?

Your reaching on this one...

Wayne Chrebet was making tough catches over the middle and Coles was bailing out a weak armed QB....You would know that if you actually watched the Jets play when Vinny and Chrebet were on the team.

Thanks for playing.

You know what I think about this? Cmon -- you want to know what I think, admit it.

I personally felt there is some life to the Chad is getting these guys killed theories. What is swaying my opinion a bit? Coles himself. Coles wasn't thrilled with the switch because he loves Chad. They are friends and all but seriously if Chad was getting Coles killed -- I think L.C. would be happier about the switch.

Friendship is one thing. Extending your playing career is another and much more important.

Wayne Chrebet was making tough catches over the middle and Coles was bailing out a weak armed QB....You would know that if you actually watched the Jets play when Vinny and Chrebet were on the team.

Thanks for playing.

Either way that type of WR will get banged up... doesnt really matter how it happened...

Archived