Jets | Vilma injury update

Smizzy

Jets | Vilma injury update

Published Tue Nov 6 11:42:00 a.m. ET 2007

(KFFL) Randy Lange, of NewYorkJets.com, reports New York Jets LB Jonathan Vilma (knee) will undergo knee surgery Wednesday, Nov. 7, in Florida, according to head coach Eric Mangini.

He was hurt, and 4H confirmed this when he saw him after the Buffalo game last week.

Vilma also cleared up any doubts about it during his interview a week ago, so there hasnt been any "crap" discussed about it since then.

it was actually mangina who broke protocol by saying he was injured, which he never does. Vilma had hoped to play the following week, and was still active at the time, so he didnt say he was hurt, per team policy.

But Vilma will never flourish in a 3-4, so they should just trade him to a 4-3 team, and with a decent DL playing in front of him, he'll be fine.

Good luck to him with the surgery.

He was hurt, and 4H confirmed this when he saw him after the Buffalo game last week.

Vilma also cleared up any doubts about it during his interview a week ago, so there hasnt been any "crap" discussed about it since then.

it was actually mangina who broke protocol by saying he was injured, which he never does. Vilma had hoped to play the following week, and was still active at the time, so he didnt say he was hurt, per team policy.

But Vilma will never flourish in a 3-4, so they should just trade him to a 4-3 team, and with a decent DL playing in front of him, he'll be fine.

Good luck to him with the surgery.

ditto for me. Vilma is all class & I wish him the best. It doen't look like we'll be playin the 4-3 anytime soon so I wish him well elsewhere....oh & tell him to take drob with him

ditto for me. Vilma is all class & I wish him the best. It doen't look like we'll be playin the 4-3 anytime soon so I wish him well elsewhere....oh & tell him to take drob with him

LOL!

There's probably about as much chance of him wanting to play behind D-Rob as there is of him wanting to play another season for mangina.

IMG_2062.jpg

Watch Vilma go to the damn Patriots and dominate alongside A.Thomas playing behind a true NT in Wilfork... That woul be crazy...

But I can really see a team like the Colts or the Jaguars going after him

If the Jets let Vilma go to the patsies*, I will be done with them for good...I don't see that happening but you never know do you?

Gee, guess that puts to rest all the "Vilma doesn't want to be a Jet, he isn't hurt, hes just stirring up crap so he will get traded" crap...

Unless he is pulling a George Costanza driving his fiance's parents to the Hamptons to see his house. :P

Vilma clearly wants out. Go re-read his interviews after the Cincy game. The best endorsement he gave when asked if he wanted to leave here was, "Why would I want to leave?" It was hardly subtle that he didn't - at any time - say "No," or "I want to be a NYJet forever." Maybe he threw in a "I'm looking forward to getting healthy & helping this team next year."

But those comments were not far off from Herm's while he was having Carl Peterson help orchestrate his ouster from here & having Cannizero write fluff-pieces to try & get him millions of dollars more if we were dumb enough to keep him around.

His trade value has really gone down the ****ter, we shouldn't have given him 1 more year in this system IMHO. We should have traded him during the off-season.

We did dangle him around. Evidently there wasn't as much interest as everyone claimed there would be. Only a few teams like KC & Washington needed a MLB & they found options that didn't require a high pick to the Jets & a high contract to Vilma.

Just b/c we did that with Jones doesn't mean everyone's lining up to do it.

His trade value has really gone down the ****ter, we shouldn't have given him 1 more year in this system IMHO. We should have traded him during the off-season.

This past off season we did not know if we had his replacement on the team before the draft. That was what the boar hunter was supposed to be, but that did not work out, so we tried again this year with Harris. It looks like we hit lotto with Harris, so now Vilma will be moved for whatever we can get for him.

Jetcane, I've met you, and you are a top shelf guy.... but I have to ask, why stoop to calling Mangini Mangina? Just doesn't fit my impression of you, just sayin....

Good question, T.

Mainly because he has been coaching like a vagina this season.

In terms of pure coaching, he has shown no balls this year.

Let me ask you T-Bird, how would you rate his coaching this season. Forget about a rebuilding plan or any of that speculative, future stuff.

How would you grade the coaching this year?

Good question, T.

Mainly because he has been coaching like a vagina this season.

In terms of pure coaching, he has shown no balls this year.

Let me ask you T-Bird, how would you rate his coaching this season. Forget about a rebuilding plan or any of that speculative, future stuff.

How would you grade the coaching this year?

I think I made my thoughts on the CS pretty clear in that thread I started, but I still have respect for him, both as a coach and as a man. In comparison, Herm was a liar who always talked about honesty. He neither deserved my respect, nor did he get it.

I knew Mangini and Tanny would make mistakes. I expected them to fall off the wall and break this year, although I did think, and still do think they can put the pieces back together again, unlike that famous egg that took a nose dive. I reserve name calling for people I find rather dispicable, as opposed to those who have simply stumbled, and I think this is the case with Mangini. I guess I thought you would be of a similar mindset....

I think I made my thoughts on the CS pretty clear in that thread I started, but I still have respect for him, both as a coach and as a man. In comparison, Herm was a liar who always talked about honesty. He neither deserved my respect, nor did he get it.

I knew Mangini and Tanny would make mistakes. I expected them to fall off the wall and break this year, although I did think, and still do think they can put the pieces back together again, unlike that famous egg that took a nose dive. I reserve name calling for people I find rather dispicable, as opposed to those who have simply stumbled, and I think this is the case with Mangini. I guess I thought you would be of a similar mindset....

Well, different strokes and all that. My opinion of him is lower than yours is.

Keep in mind this is a board where one of the original members had an avatar of PeeWee Herman's mug shot, and one of the mods goes by the handle of Sperm Edwards.

;-)

Well, different strokes and all that. My opinion of him is lower than yours is.

Keep in mind this is a board where one of the original members had an avatar of PeeWee Herman's mug shot, and one of the mods goes by the handle of Sperm Edwards.

;-)

Greatness is often overlooked by the masses at the time. Only upon reflection later, do they realize what it is they actually witnessed. Many years from now, when most of us are long gone, nerdy old men in plaid trousers will tell long-winded stories to their grandchildren about the first time they saw the legendary Sperm Edwards avatar.

Greatness is often overlooked by the masses at the time. Only upon reflection later, do they realize what it is they actually witnessed. Many years from now, when most of us are long gone, nerdy old men in plaid trousers will tell long-winded stories to their grandchildren about the first time they saw the legendary Sperm Edwards avatar.

I will surely be one of them Sperm.;-)

Archived