why all the jones bashing?

joewilly

I've read a bunch here about how we're stuck with thomas jones cause of money spent and rookie rb's are a dime a dozen but cause of jones we can't get one.

I think jones is gonna prove to us all what many predicted in the preseason. a horse that will make this team better.

it seems to me that defenses knew what we had to offer with chad... not much of a throwing threat. they stuffed the run & challenged him to throw.

anyone else notice how bad our oline is doing? it ain't all jones here.

I don't wanna get too optimistic cause this season is lost but i'm lookin forward to the 2nd half of this season.

clemens has already shown great skills which will change the way defenses gameplan. this could very well help our oline block cause it's not so easy now to stuff the box. Jones doesn't need a huge hole & I expect to see him show us why we got him.

we have playmakers in jones,leon,coles,cotch & baker. thats a lot for 1 offense. It's up to the oc & clemens & he's good enough to make us better

I've read a bunch here about how we're stuck with thomas jones cause of money spent and rookie rb's are a dime a dozen but cause of jones we can't get one.

I think jones is gonna prove to us all what many predicted in the preseason. a horse that will make this team better.

it seems to me that defenses knew what we had to offer with chad... not much of a throwing threat. they stuffed the run & challenged him to throw.

anyone else notice how bad our oline is doing? it ain't all jones here.

I don't wanna get too optimistic cause this season is lost but i'm lookin forward to the 2nd half of this season.

clemens has already shown great skills which will change the way defenses gameplan. this could very well help our oline block cause it's not so easy now to stuff the box. Jones doesn't need a huge hole & I expect to see him show us why we got him.

we have playmakers in jones,leon,coles,cotch & baker. thats a lot for 1 offense. It's up to the oc & clemens & he's good enough to make us better

I agree but they will need some help from our o-line... and our o-line needs help itself

I think Jones is a decent RB. nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, our run-blocking has sucked but on the odd occasion that it creates holes Jones still doesn't exectly light it up. He doesn't hit the hole as hard as he was last year and although the line has sucked he still hasn't been very impressive.

I think Jones is a decent RB. nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, our run-blocking has sucked but on the odd occasion that it creates holes Jones still doesn't exectly light it up. He doesn't hit the hole as hard as he was last year and although the line has sucked he still hasn't been very impressive.

he's better the decent, is he a Tomlinson or Parker, no. Thomas Jones is a very good RB though, he's a bruiser.

he's better the decent, is he a Tomlinson or Parker, no. Thomas Jones is a very good RB though, he's a bruiser.

I don't think he's at the same level he was last year TBH, maybe it's age kicking in or hopefully it's just a slump. He has not been anything better than decent this season.

I agree but they will need some help from our o-line... and our o-line needs help itself

yeah but my thoughts on the oline. just like it ain't all jones it ain't all the oline either.

when blitzes came, chad stood strong & got sacked or huuried to throw a duck.. I admit to seeing missed assignments all across the oline but it ain't easy for them when the d can attack at will.

clemens won't spot every blitzer in every scheme, but he'll only get better at seein em comin & adjust. if he can make em pay for blitzing (chad could not) more often than not, our oline gets better

I don't think he's at the same level he was last year TBH, maybe it's age kicking in or hopefully it's just a slump. He has not been anything better than decent this season.

What do you expect when the offensive line can't run block? Nobody would be able to run well behind this line.

What do you expect when the offensive line can't run block? Nobody would be able to run well behind this line.

Mybe but even when they have blocked well I ahve seen plenty of occasions were Jones has not spotted the hole and in result not made the most of it. I watch every one of our games twice and look out for that kind of stuff. Jones IMO isnt making the most of the blocking when it does come.

Two things on Jones...first of all he dances around too much. Hence the nickname the "dancing bear" applied to him by Bears fans. Secondly, our O line is pathetic...it creates no holes at all. TJ has been dancing around more than ever trying to find a way downfield. No rushing TD's going into our 10th game...that is pure garbage for your featured back.

Two things on Jones...first of all he dances around too much. Hence the nickname the "dancing bear" applied to him by Bears fans. Secondly, our O line is pathetic...it creates no holes at all. TJ has been dancing around more than ever trying to find a way downfield. No rushing TD's going into our 10th game...that is pure garbage for your featured back.

dances too much? A minute ago everyone was bitching how hes a one cut RB and if there isnt a gaping hole he's useless. THE REAL PROBLEM is Jets fans want nothing less than a Super Bowl win every year, the best QB of all time and the next Emmit Smith. Seriously no matter who we have back there or at any position fans arent gonna be satisfied. Give him blockers up front and watch how fast opinions change around here.

dances too much? A minute ago everyone was bitching how hes a one cut RB and if there isnt a gaping hole he's useless. THE REAL PROBLEM is Jets fans want nothing less than a Super Bowl win every year, the best QB of all time and the next Emmit Smith. Seriously no matter who we have back there or at any position fans arent gonna be satisfied. Give him blockers up front and watch how fast opinions change around here.

Your post makes no sense... Most people would take a legit contender year in and year out at this point. Instead the Jets are the perennial average team who seems to be starting over every other year. When you haven't even been to a super bowl in almost 40 years, yet alone won one, you can't really say Jets fans expect to win one every year. They ain't the Yankees. You got your sports and teams mixed up.

The problem with Jones is that he's useless for what people proclaim the Jets are doing. Some people keep on saying it's a rebuilding process. Well if that is really the case, Thomas Jones will be 30+ years old by the time the Jets do rebuild into anything resembling a contender. That's the problem. You either are rebuilding or you aren't... Trading for Thomas Jones means you aren't rebuilding.

And what is good about a 1-7 start?

we're 1-8, what do you expect, MVP? The whole team sux, man for man. Even Cotchery's dropping balls now.

Who on this team is having a BETTER year than last year?

I agree but that isn't exactly any better cause Justin Miller went to Hawaii last season as a special teams player... So last season their only pro bowl player was a special teams player.. This season their only pro bowler will be a special teams player.. Not exactly a resounding success story for the coaching staff.

Archived