Robinson Cano

Gary Sheffield

Alex Rodriguez

Hideki Matsui

Jorge Posada

Bernie Williams

Jason Giambi/Tino Martinez

Tony Blowmack/Russ Johnson

1-6 This lineup is as good as any, but 7-9 its gotta be 1 of the 5 worst lineups in MLB. Bernie Williams can have a good night here and there, but he's a virtual automatic out vs decent pitching. Jason Giambi is a f****** joke, probably the worst hitter I have ever seen outside of Tony Blowmack. Which brings me to my next point?

WTF is Torres love affection with Tony Blomack? He has NO POWER AT ALL, NONE. His OBP his under .300 and he cannot play defense.......and to make things worse, HE BITCHES ABOUT HIS ROLE.

Does this sound like a Yankee/Torre player?

Definetly NOT

Adding Mark Kotsay and calling up Andy Phillips would do wonders for this lineup:

Derek Jeter

Robinson Cano

Gary Sheffield

Alex Rodriguez

Hideki Matsui

Mark Kotsay

Jorge Posada

Andy Phillips

Bernie Williams

Is the Pitching Great? NOPE

Is the Pitching as good as expected? NOPE

Is the pitching keeping us in 99% of the games? YES

Look at this lineup Torre throws out there

Derek Jeter

Robinson Cano

Gary Sheffield

Alex Rodriguez

Hideki Matsui

Jorge Posada

Bernie Williams

Jason Giambi/Tino Martinez

Tony Blowmack/Russ Johnson

1-6 This lineup is as good as any, but 7-9 its gotta be 1 of the 5 worst lineups in MLB. Bernie Williams can have a good night here and there, but he's a virtual automatic out vs decent pitching. Jason Giambi is a f****** joke, probably the worst hitter I have ever seen outside of Tony Blowmack. Which brings me to my next point?

WTF is Torres love affection with Tony Blomack? He has NO POWER AT ALL, NONE. His OBP his under .300 and he cannot play defense.......and to make things worse, HE BITCHES ABOUT HIS ROLE.

Does this sound like a Yankee/Torre player?

Definetly NOT

Adding Mark Kotsay and calling up Andy Phillips would do wonders for this lineup:

Derek Jeter

Robinson Cano

Gary Sheffield

Alex Rodriguez

Hideki Matsui

Mark Kotsay

Jorge Posada

Andy Phillips

Bernie Williams

The pitching is the problem. If we get behind in games, we have nobody who can get outs unless they want to use Sturtze, Gordon, and Rivera.

Now, the offense needs to hit more in the clutch (and calling Giambi a f**king joke as a hitter is kind of ignorant IMO), but the pitching needs to keep us in more games.

Kevin Brown: Has had many amazing years in his career

Randy Johnson: Has been one of the best pitchers in baseball for a long time, including last year.

Mike Mussina: Has been one of the better pitchers in baseball for a while.

Jaret Wright: Had some talent, and had a good year last year.

Chien-Ming Wang: Pretty good young talent, who is pitching about what we'd hope for from him.

Carl Pavano: Very, very good talent, in his prime, and he's been on an upward swing the last few years. Suddenly, he can't get people out.

The starting pitching is underachieving much more. Don't even get me started on the relievers, where we have 3 guys who should be in the majors. Everyone else should be either in AA or dead.

The pitching is the problem. If we get behind in games, we have nobody who can get outs unless they want to use Sturtze, Gordon, and Rivera.

Now, the offense needs to hit more in the clutch (and calling Giambi a f**king joke as a hitter is kind of ignorant IMO), but the pitching needs to keep us in more games.

Kevin Brown: Has had many amazing years in his career

Randy Johnson: Has been one of the best pitchers in baseball for a long time, including last year.

Mike Mussina: Has been one of the better pitchers in baseball for a while.

Jaret Wright: Had some talent, and had a good year last year.

Chien-Ming Wang: Pretty good young talent, who is pitching about what we'd hope for from him.

Carl Pavano: Very, very good talent, in his prime, and he's been on an upward swing the last few years. Suddenly, he can't get people out.

The starting pitching is underachieving much more. Don't even get me started on the relievers, where we have 3 guys who should be in the majors. Everyone else should be either in AA or dead.

How is Giambi anything other than a effing joke as a hitter?

He's a first pitch, flyball out 99% of the time when there are men on base. He's too anxious to hit a home run. Its pathetic how much he has changed compared to his days in oakland.

Short Porch my ***, that has ruined him.

How is Giambi anything other than a effing joke as a hitter?

He's a first pitch, flyball out 99% of the time when there are men on base. He's too anxious to hit a home run. Its pathetic how much he has changed compared to his days in oakland.

Short Porch my ***, that has ruined him.

Look, I dont care what the problem is...fact of the matter is I need the Yankees to beat the likes of Baltimore and Toronto!!! We already know the AL East is gonna be a runaway for the Mighty BoSox...but I want the Wildcard (the W/C team wins the WS as of late) to come from the Central or the West...not the East.

I know the D-Rays are capable of taking a few games from Toronto and B-more. Do you think thats too much to ask that the Yanks can take a game or two???

I havent asked you guys for much help over the years. I really think the Empire owes me!

Look, I dont care what the problem is...fact of the matter is I need the Yankees to beat the likes of Baltimore and Toronto!!! We already know the AL East is gonna be a runaway for the Mighty BoSox...but I want the Wildcard (the W/C team wins the WS as of late) to come from the Central or the West...not the East.

I know the D-Rays are capable of taking a few games from Toronto and B-more. Do you think thats too much to ask that the Yanks can take a game or two???

I havent asked you guys for much help over the years. I really think the Empire owes me!

No, the pitching is the problem.

Pitching wins championships and with a rotation of:

Randy Johnson

Carl Pavano

Mike Mussina

Ching Ming-Wang

Sean Henn

Brown / Wright = DL

You're not going to win anything. Johnson is 7-6 with a 4+ era, he is DONE, finished! Pavano blows at home, on the road he's ok. Mussina is pretty consistent but he's had his 3 inning performances. Wang is consistent aside from 3 bad starts and Sean Henn can't find home plate if his life depended on it and the 10% of the time he does, it equals a base hit or homerun.

Brown and Wright suck as well so they really don't matter either.

Bottom Line:

Unless Wang / Mussina are on the mound (and some of the time they are terrible as well), we basically have a very small chance of winning the game.

No, the pitching is the problem.

Pitching wins championships and with a rotation of:

Randy Johnson

Carl Pavano

Mike Mussina

Ching Ming-Wang

Sean Henn

Brown / Wright = DL

You're not going to win anything. Johnson is 7-6 with a 4+ era, he is DONE, finished! Pavano blows at home, on the road he's ok. Mussina is pretty consistent but he's had his 3 inning performances. Wang is consistent aside from 3 bad starts and Sean Henn can't find home plate if his life depended on it and the 10% of the time he does, it equals a base hit or homerun.

Brown and Wright suck as well so they really don't matter either.

Bottom Line:

Unless Wang / Mussina are on the mound (and some of the time they are terrible as well), we basically have a very small chance of winning the game.

Big Unit put them in a 10-2 hole in the comeback game. And save that comeback, they'd have been swept.

Pedro got up 5-2 and the game was over.

IT'S PITCHING. If this team had pitching, the other problems wouldn't seem nearly as bad. And right now, the staff from top to bottom save Rivera sucks.

Big Unit put them in a 10-2 hole in the comeback game. And save that comeback, they'd have been swept.

Pedro got up 5-2 and the game was over.

IT'S PITCHING. If this team had pitching, the other problems wouldn't seem nearly as bad. And right now, the staff from top to bottom save Rivera sucks.

...and tonight it was defense that hurt the Yankees!

Robinson Cano committed an absolutely horrendous error, opening up a 3-run rally, all of the runs unearned. Big Useless pitched well enough to win, but was victimized by Cano's butterfingers and an 80-foot bleeder that Gordon booted.

One night the hitting is atrocious against awful pitching like Mark Hendrickson. The next night, the pitching staff cant get anyone out. The following night multiple errors are committed costing NYY the game. Maybe the next night, Torre f's it up somehow.

See...you cant blame one particular aspect of this team! This has all the signs of a LONG-@SS summer for Yankee fans!

...and tonight it was defense that hurt the Yankees!

Robinson Cano committed an absolutely horrendous error, opening up a 3-run rally, all of the runs unearned. Big Useless pitched well enough to win, but was victimized by Cano's butterfingers and an 80-foot bleeder that Gordon booted.

One night the hitting is atrocious against awful pitching like Mark Hendrickson. The next night, the pitching staff cant get anyone out. The following night multiple errors are committed costing NYY the game. Maybe the next night, Torre f's it up somehow.

See...you cant blame one particular aspect of this team! This has all the signs of a LONG-@SS summer for Yankee fans!

It's clearly the pitching. You need look no further than the now-famous record of 0-26 for the Yankees when scoring 3 or fewer runs. When they've needed to count on the pitching, it has failed. They just can't keep a lead on a consistent basis in close games. All of the pitchers have obvious flaws:

Pavano- Set up for disaster after moving to the AL and earning a huge contract for putting up bigtime numbers in a contract year. This was destined for failure from the start.

The Unit- 3 words sum this up: 42 years old!

Wang- probably the most reliable starter, amazingly enough, but of course, after getting beat up by the D-Rays at home last week, who knows what to expect from him the rest of the way?

Mussina- hasn't done jack sh*t since he got to New York, so what else is new?

Browns- 'roids withdrawal

Wright- DL

Henn- Duh.

Middle Relief- This was a known concern headed into the season, so obviously there is no need to discuss it.

Rivera- The only quality pitcher at the moment. Too bad the Yankees haven't been able to use him nearly enough.

Did I miss anything?

It's clearly the pitching. You need look no further than the now-famous record of 0-26 for the Yankees when scoring 3 or fewer runs. When they've needed to count on the pitching, it has failed. They just can't keep a lead on a consistent basis in close games. All of the pitchers have obvious flaws:

Pavano- Set up for disaster after moving to the AL and earning a huge contract for putting up bigtime numbers in a contract year. This was destined for failure from the start.

Wang- probably the most reliable starter, amazingly enough, but of course, after getting beat up by the D-Rays at home last week, who knows what to expect from him the rest of the way?

Mussina- hasn't done jack sh*t since he got to New York, so what else is new?

Wright- DL

Henn- Duh.

Middle Relief- This was a known concern headed into the season, so obviously there is no need to discuss it.

Rivera- The only quality pitcher at the moment. Too bad the Yankees haven't been able to use him nearly enough.

Did I miss anything?

Mussina- hasn't done jack Sh#t since he got to New York, so what else is new?

Wright- DL

Henn- Duh.

Did I miss anything?

I swear I have seen all of those posts by you before. Magically you put them all toegether..somehow. Do you have a cylce of yankee bashing posts and such? Pathetic.

Mussina- hasn't done jack Sh#t since he got to New York, so what else is new?

Wright- DL

Henn- Duh.

Did I miss anything?

I swear I have seen all of those posts by you before. Magically you put them all toegether..somehow. Do you have a cylce of yankee bashing posts and such? Pathetic.

Hey c'mon EB, where's the love? Cedric Houston is my BOY! :lol:

By the way....I never posted this before, for the record. None of my material is old. And if you want to discredit what I write, bashing me does nothing. Bash the POST, not the POSTER. :roll:

Hey c'mon EB, where's the love? Cedric Houston is my BOY! :lol:

By the way....I never posted this before, for the record. None of my material is old. And if you want to discredit what I write, bashing me does nothing. Bash the POST, not the POSTER. :roll:

You're like a different person compared to the football forum, lol.

I've seen that "Mussina hasn't done jack sh*t since coming to NY" comment from you before. As well as the Randy Johnson age comment everyday.

Mussina has been a very good pitcher for the Yankees. He's been just as good as they expected, he may not have any hardware to show for it aside from his gold gloves but in time I think we'll soon bring Moose a shiny new WS championship ring. 8)

You're like a different person compared to the football forum, lol.

I've seen that "Mussina hasn't done jack sh*t since coming to NY" comment from you before. As well as the Randy Johnson age comment everyday.

Mussina has been a very good pitcher for the Yankees. He's been just as good as they expected, he may not have any hardware to show for it aside from his gold gloves but in time I think we'll soon bring Moose a shiny new WS championship ring. 8)

Archived