Dammit!!!

Thor99

I just opened a nice bottle wine that I've had for a while, and it's turned to vinegar.

It was a bottle of Simi Reserve Cab, and it's not cheap. I guess it's time for some Mad Dog 20/20.

Did the seal have a leak? That's too bad. I'm a big red wine lover. I subscribe to WineAccess because they have great tips on reds. Heh, I never order from them because I'd rather save the shipping, but they give good write ups.

http://www.wineaccess.com/pvt/my-wineaccess.tcl

My favorite local haunt is Vino100. I love that joint. I only found out about six months ago that it's actually a franchise. 100 really great wines for $25 bucks or less, and several stellar ones for over $25 and way up. This wine is only $15 bucks, and it's a great buy for the price. Yalumba (Barossa) Grenache. I actually like the 2005 vintage better.

yalumba_grenache-759946.jpg

Beckman Vineyards, 2005 Cab another good one. About $24 bucks. The 7 Deadly Zins, a really heavy Red Zinfandel, also another good one for the price, about $18 bucks for 2005.

You have to watch heat and humidity with red wine (aren't you a bartender?)

I had a friend that lived on a 3rd floor apartment, and he had the same problem because it would get so hot in the summer time.

So now he only lets you visit him in the winter?

Archived