Those poor Browns...

Thor99

The Browns got a lot of thinking to do this off-season.

I'll keep Anderson and give him a contract extension, and trade BQ.

IMO it all depends on whos trade value is higher. Quinn or Anderson, personally i think they'll do what San Diego do and go with the kid sooner or later.

The Browns got a lot of thinking to do this off-season.

I'll keep Anderson and give him a contract extension, and trade BQ.

They dont need to trade Quinn. He is only guaranteed 7.75 mil in his 5 year contract. So they really wont be spending a lot of money to let him develop and possibly use him in 2-3 years.

8/7/2007: Signed a five-year, $9.2 million contract. The deal includes $7.75 million in guarantees. Another $11 million is available though escalators in 2010 and 2011 based on Quinn taking at least 55% of the snaps in each of the first two years or at least 70 percent in his third season. Another $9.8 million is available, but is unlikely to be earned. 2007: $285,000 (+ $862,000 roster bonus), 2008: $1.43 million, 2009: $1.72 million, 2010: $2.08 million, 2010: $700,000, 2011: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=4149

IMO it all depends on whos trade value is higher. Quinn or Anderson, personally i think they'll do what San Diego do and go with the kid sooner or later.

The Anderson and Edwards connection seems pretty good. They also seem like they have some type of connection together. This Browns team is pretty good and we know what they can do with Anderson as the QB. Why put Quinn in when Anderson is playing great ?

They dont need to trade Quinn. He is only guaranteed 7.75 mil in his 5 year contract. So they really wont be spending a lot of money to let him develop and possibly use him in 2-3 years.

8/7/2007: Signed a five-year, $9.2 million contract. The deal includes $7.75 million in guarantees. Another $11 million is available though escalators in 2010 and 2011 based on Quinn taking at least 55% of the snaps in each of the first two years or at least 70 percent in his third season. Another $9.8 million is available, but is unlikely to be earned. 2007: $285,000 (+ $862,000 roster bonus), 2008: $1.43 million, 2009: $1.72 million, 2010: $2.08 million, 2010: $700,000, 2011: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=4149

I could care less how much money hes guaranteed. Some teams like the Vikings, Dolphins, Ravens, Eagles, and Rams can use him. Quinn would be worth a lot considering he will start for 4/5 teams I just named.

I could care less how much money hes guaranteed. Some teams like the Vikings, Dolphins, Ravens, Eagles, and Rams can use him. Quinn would be worth a lot considering he will start for 4/5 teams I just named.

3 of those 5 teams you just named have drafted a QB in the 2nd round over the last 2 years. I highly doubt they'll give up on them right away for Quinn, that wouldn't make any sense.

3 of those 5 teams you just named have drafted a QB in the 2nd round over the last 2 years. I highly doubt they'll give up on them right away for Quinn, that wouldn't make any sense.

Vikings' Jackson has a lot of potential, and I mean a lot. But name one positive thing he has done all year, he's injury prone and just not a franchise quarterback. I'll start Quinn over him.

Dolphins' Beck, I see this kid having an alright future at best.This guy is a rookie, but just because your a rookie doesn't mean your young. He's not poise, nor is he talented. I'll start Quinn.

Baltimore Ravens, he'll start immediately. All of there QB's suck.

Eagles, obviously this is a team that he'll have to battle to get the job.

Rams ? Marc Bulger ? Since that contract Bulger been playing like Pennington. Seriously, Quinn has a pretty good arm, just imagine in a dome. I'll start Quinn.

Vikings' Jackson has a lot of potential, and I mean a lot. But name one positive thing he has done all year, he's injury prone and just not a franchise quarterback. I'll start Quinn over him.

Dolphins' Beck, I see this kid having an alright future at best.This guy is a rookie, but just because your a rookie doesn't mean your young. He's not poise, nor is he talented. I'll start Quinn.

Baltimore Ravens, he'll start immediately. All of there QB's suck.

Eagles, obviously this is a team that he'll have to battle to get the job.

Rams ? Marc Bulger ? Since that contract Bulger been playing like Pennington. Seriously, Quinn has a pretty good arm, just imagine in a dome. I'll start Quinn.

Vikings- Check what Jackson has done the last 2 games and dude, get this, he's 6-2 as a starter this season. that kind of percentage will get that team a long way.

Dolphins - Beck has struggled so far but they can't give up on him yet. Cameron really likes this guy and IMO he does have a lot of potential, things just got rough for him today. That's a good point about his age though, it does mean that he's effectively got a shorter leash than other rookie QB's but still he only has 3 games under his belt. He needs time.

Ravens - They're awful at QB, just terrible. IMO Pennington is a very realistic possibilty for them next season and TBH I think it would be a very smart move by them.

Eagles - They either go with McNabb or Kolb, no way does Quinn merit consideration here.

Rams - Bulger has health problems but even so is a pretty damn good QB when healthy, they wont give up on him for a while at least after giving him that contract.

You say you'd start Quinn over a lot of these guys, aren't you are aware Quinn couldn't even beat out Charlie Frye for a starting job????

He is still 100% unproven in this league and is in no way a lock to succeed in this league.

what sense does it make for the Browns to trade him??? With the way QB's go down in this league, they would be better off keeping him as a backup. It makes zero sense for Cleveland to trade him without knowing what Anderson can do over the long haul.

He is worth more to the Browns than draft picks. And his contract is good so he wont be a burden on the cap #.

Browns will not trade Quinn or Anderson in the offseason.

what sense does it make for the Browns to trade him??? With the way QB's go down in this league, they would be better off keeping him as a backup. It makes zero sense for Cleveland to trade him without knowing what Anderson can do over the long haul.

He is worth more to the Browns than draft picks. And his contract is good so he wont be a burden on the cap #.

Browns will not trade Quinn or Anderson in the offseason.

Agreed, it's not going to ahppen. IMO they still see Brady Quinn as their future QB.

Archived