Heisman trophy- Sat who should win?

faba

I don't think us Canes fans should be gloating over anything to do with the other FL college teams...just doesn't seem right.

It actually funny to me that Zook has done as well as he has at Illinois. They ran him out of town in Gainesville, saying he couldnt coach. They had a huge FireRonZook.com website, and really, he wasnt so bad.

Suburban Meyer isnt in it for the long haul. He is going to make the jump to the NFL pretty soon.

Zook will have a lot of future success at UI, and i think that is ironic.

BTW, wasnt it Zook who recruited Tebow?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, he was recruited by Urban Meyer.

hawaii was after tebow as well.

I sit corrected. :)

A couple of interesting facts about Brennan.

-he was Leinart's backup in H.S.

-after H.S. he went to a prep school in Mass., and his WR there was David Ball.

Tebow will get it cause his team is more recognized than hawaii. But i dont think Tebow will be an NFL QB, maybe like WR or something. He wont be pulling that many runplays ill tell you that. If so he wont have a very long career. Brenan i have yet to see but ive only heard monster stories and seen little highlights. I wouldnt be surprised if brenan becomes the better NFL QB.

Tebow will get it cause his team is more recognized than hawaii. But i dont think Tebow will be an NFL QB, maybe like WR or something. He wont be pulling that many runplays ill tell you that. If so he wont have a very long career. Brenan i have yet to see but ive only heard monster stories and seen little highlights. I wouldnt be surprised if brenan becomes the better NFL QB.

Most people wouldn't be surprised either way

No, he was recruited by Urban Meyer.

hawaii was after tebow as well.

Tebow verbally committed to Bama and then switched when Myer was named head coach. As a Bama fan I wasn't happy.

He will be a QB in the pros. He is like Big Ben. Only difference is Tebow is very intelligent where as Big Ben is not.

Tebow verbally committed to Bama and then switched when Myer was named head coach. As a Bama fan I wasn't happy.

He will be a QB in the pros. He is like Big Ben. Only difference is Tebow is very intelligent where as Big Ben is not.

A Bama fan... welcome

i think that makes 3!!!!!!!!!:)

I am making my first pilgrimage to tuscaloosa next year!!!!

What???

Roethlisberger is a very smart QB, he really is.

I've been making that comparison all season long, Tebow is probably slightly more gifted physically but I don't think his passing is polished quite yet, IMO if he can develop similar intangibles to Ben then he will be a superstar QB at the next level.

What???

Roethlisberger is a very smart QB, he really is.

I've been making that comparison all season long, Tebow is probably slightly more gifted physically but I don't think his passing is polished quite yet, IMO if he can develop similar intangibles to Ben then he will be a superstar QB at the next level.

He might be smart in a QB sense (not overly) but overall he is prettty dumb.

Please explain why he is 'dumb'.:confused0082:

I have heard him in interviews and he strikes me as someone that is not very bright. Sorry.....my opinion. Doesn't mean he is a bad person or anything like that. I just think he is little short on intelligence. Maybe it was the hit on the noggin he took when he fell off the motorcycle while not wearing a helmet. I don't know.

That being said he is a good QB. If Tebow falls into a situation like Big Ben did he will be much better than Big Ben. Tebow is a faster/quicker/stronger version of Ben. Speed wise Tim is Jesse Owens compared to Ben. Defenders will bounce off of him just like they do with Big Ben. Tebow is very strong and does not look like he is 240 plus pounds. Tebow has a strong and accurate arm. We have not really seen just how well he can throw the ball. Meyer's offense doesn't really air it out alot. Did I mention Tebow is MUCH more intelligent as well. :)

A Bama fan... welcome

i think that makes 3!!!!!!!!!:)

I am making my first pilgrimage to tuscaloosa next year!!!!

Thanks. I loved Bama since I saw Bear Bryant stalking the sidelines in 1968. I was five years old.

It hurt when TT took out to UF. I hate him for it but I have to admit he had the best individual year. He has done something no other Div 1 college player has ever done.

It was one of the things that hurt Shula with the boosters. I saw Tebow some in HS and he was very impressive. If he falls into a set offensive unit like Rothielsburger then look out.

Brennan had a better year in 06. He is still worthy this year. He had a great year and this would be a great story too. McFadden wasn't even the best RB statistically (UCF's Smith was). If I had a vote it would go to Smith over McFadden. Daniels is just the fourth guy and not a factor. Had to pay homage to the Big 12 somehow I guess. But he did have a solid year.

Hahaha, no Heisman for Peyton Manning. Hahaha, still laughing all these years later. No matter. If he'd won, he would've sounded like was talking with a c*ck in his mouth during his acceptance speech. That much hasn't changed. He should take some diction lessons already. Snort.

Admittedly the bike thing wasn't very bright but how in the name of God can you judge someones intelligence from interviews????

So what you are saying is that you cannot judge someone by the way they speak. The words they use and how they use them. How they conduct themselves in an interview. People get judged every day that way. Ever hear of a job interview? I have heard numerous interviews with Ben. I judge him as pretty stupid. Sorry if you don't agree. That's your issue. We can agree to disagree. I think he is a good QB. But he fell into a great situation. The team was set around him. I think alot of QB's would be at least as sucessful as Ben and a lot of them would be even better. Again JMO.

Archived