Heisman trophy- Sat who should win?

faba

Tebow had a better season in COLLEGE this year

Based on what?

Brennan threw for 1000 more yards, had 10 more TD passes, a slightly higher completion rate, and they were 1-2 in QB ratings. Brennan's team also lost three less games. it's far from clearcut.

And btw, Mcfadden had less rushing yards than Ray rice did. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tim Tebow.

First player ever to have 20+ Touchdown passes & runs? This should be simple & easy for the voters.

Agree. Tebow put up video game numbers.

This should be open and shut, but the voters are idiots, who for some reason penalize you for not being a junior or senior. Never understood that lunacy.

Add up Teabag's passing and rushing yards, and Brennan still has more passing yards than him.

That's because he plays in an offense that throws the ball 90% of the time and a conference schedule that included powerhouses like Utah St., Louisiana Tech, San Jose St., New Mexico St., and Idaho.

Substitute LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and South Carolina for those six and I reckon Brennan's numbers would take a noticeable dive downward.

He played who was on the schedule, just as teabag did.

You cant talk about video game numbers and exclude Brennan. it's just biased to do that.

Tebow put up video game numbers against real competition.

Were you also pissed when Timmy Chang never won the Heisman? Brennan actually had a MUCH better season last year, anyway. I don't recall you campaigning for him then, when he threw for 20 more TDs, 1,400 more yards, and 2 less interceptions.

Tebow put up video game numbers against real competition.

Were you also pissed when Timmy Chang never won the Heisman? Brennan actually had a MUCH better season last year, anyway. I don't recall you campaigning for him then, when he threw for 20 more TDs, 1,400 more yards, and 2 less interceptions.

I dont usually get real high on juniors for the heisman.

And I agree with asmopf that Brennan is a better player than Chang.

The competition in the SEC may be tougher, but Tebow also had better players on his team than Brennan did, so that equals out.

That's because he plays in an offense that throws the ball 90% of the time and a conference schedule that included powerhouses like Utah St., Louisiana Tech, San Jose St., New Mexico St., and Idaho.

Substitute LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and South Carolina for those six and I reckon Brennan's numbers would take a noticeable dive downward.

have you seen the kid play?

watch him, he is no timmy chang!!!!!!!!!!!

he will be playing on sunday

where is Floida 9-3

hawaii is 11-0 and Colt's stats are better than Tebow

too bad this award is not made after bowl games

and Florida is a better team than Hawaii and has more impressive wins. If you're making this a team award, than Brennan would never win over Tebow.

and Florida is a better team than Hawaii and has more impressive wins. If you're making this a team award, than Brennan would never win over Tebow.

the fact is tebow played vs 4 good teams and lost to 3

my comment on making selection after bowl games was to give

everyone an op to view colt vs Georgia

Why does the selection have to be made before the bowl season

Tebow...another gator QB who is great in college and that's it...then again, this trophy is for college play, not potential in the NFL.

NS do we want to put up the list of heisman winners that were busts in the NFL? As you said that is not what this award is for-the best college player in your opinion.

NS do we want to put up the list of heisman winners that were busts in the NFL? As you said that is not what this award is for-the best college player in your opinion.

Yep, that's why my pick is Tebow, because this is just about college. I was just pointing out that in couple of years (in less he skips his senior year) he will be "just another gator QB" that didn't make it in the NFL.

Edit: Goes to show you how much I know about Tebow and the Gators...I thought the kid was a junior...he's a sophmore.

Why do some post that Tebow lost 3 games. Florida lost 3 games. See how Tebow did in the loses. He had one bad game stats wise against LSU. He had good games against GA and Auburn. I don't recall Tebow hurting his team in those loses. Tebow should win it. Brennan is excellent. I take nothing away from him. But Tebow had a better season against a better schedule. I also think a lot of people underestimate the receivers Hawaii has. I think they are a very good group of receivers. I think some of them have a chance to play in the NFL too. Grice-Mullen and Bess especially.

Why do some post that Tebow lost 3 games. Florida lost 3 games. See how Tebow did in the loses. He had one bad game stats wise against LSU. He had good games against GA and Auburn. I don't recall Tebow hurting his team in those loses. Tebow should win it. Brennan is excellent. I take nothing away from him. But Tebow had a better season against a better schedule. I also think a lot of people underestimate the receivers Hawaii has. I think they are a very good group of receivers. I think some of them have a chance to play in the NFL too. Grice-Mullen and Bess especially.

Becasue the irish guy, who supports tebow, brought up the subject of wins and record a couple of times.

How many top teams has Brennan beaten????

And btw Brennan is taking his team to a BCS Bowl. Where is UF going to be playing?

Becasue the irish guy, who supports tebow, brought up the subject of wins and record a couple of times.

And btw Brennan is taking his team to a BCS Bowl. Where is UF going to be playing?

Come on Cane, we all know the reason you don't support Tebow is because of your Hurricane ties.:box:

Come on Cane, we all know the reason you don't support Tebow is because of your Hurricane ties.:box:

I dont deny that. That's why taking Brennan's side is an automatic for me.

:)

But McFadden has gotten a LOT of press for a while, and everyone knows his name. They have run a pretty good campaign for him, and the SEC has strong ties, so i wouldnt be surprised...

Florida should be in a BCS Bowl ahead of Hawaii. Not Florida's fault that the BCS totally sucks and takes teams like Hawaii and Illinois over more deserving teams.

The whole reason you're arguing against Tebow is because you hate the Gators. It drips from your posts.

edit, I see you just mentioned that.

The whole reason you're arguing against Tebow is because you hate the Gators. It drips from your posts.

edit, I see you just mentioned that.

Did calling him "Teabag" give it away? :lol:

Florida should be in a BCS Bowl ahead of Hawaii. Not Florida's fault that the BCS totally sucks and takes teams like Hawaii and Illinois over more deserving teams.

How funny is it in Gainesville that Zook is taking his team to a BCS bowl? :biggrin:

Archived