Jets-Browns Postgame Reaction

CanadianJet

NO WAY Clemens is a COWARD who cannot lead an offense to a TOUCHDOWN even from the 3 yard line..............

THAT was some BAD play callig. How about a roll out, like Anderson did on the next series. or a pitch to Leon Washington running to the corner. The field is 50 yds wide!

I'm starting to get the feeling we are in for another Herm Edwards, only worse, era... The Jets are too inconsistent from week to week for me to have faith that they'll be any better than a wildcard playoff team next year. And then in 2009 they'll be 5-11 or something.. We saw it with Herm and in all honesty, it looks like this regime is going down the same path.

Inconsistent has always been what the Jets are about. Same old jets seem never to change regardless of who the coach is or the players are.

with alot of O-LINE help.

Clemens will be better...

Do you really feel that way, because there are going to be some top QB prospects coming out and we are in a great position to draft one. I honestly couldn't tell you. It's so hard to evaluate Clemens, between the bad play calling and inconsistent line play. Although if we don't take a QB this year and we suck it up again next Tebow will be available if he comes out early.

NO WAY Clemens is a COWARD who cannot lead an offense to a TOUCHDOWN even from the 3 yard line..............

There's no way he's a coward. He's pretty tough actually.

I thought he scored when he sneaked to make the 1st down there.. we should have reviewed... Playcalling was fine in that series.. just a bad throw.

Clemens has potential.. however, he's not very consistent... Sometimes it's an amazing throw, and someotimes it goes 1/2 way. Also, he "locks on" to the #1 read too often sometimes.

My first reaction was "why the hell did they kick a FG". Then I saw the highlights on CBS and saw that it was raining, and with Clemens already struggling to complete passes it was probaby 6 of one/half dozen of another. With the wet field and ball, another onside kick was probably not that far-fetched.

My first reaction was "why the hell did they kick a FG". Then I saw the highlights on CBS and saw that it was raining, and with Clemens already struggling to complete passes it was probaby 6 of one/half dozen of another. With the wet field and ball, another onside kick was probably not that far-fetched.

It really is that far fetched, we had good feild position and IMO we had a good shot of getting to the endzone.

10 yards is a lot more makable than an onside kick regardless of the conditions. It was a bad call.

Okay, so you get the onside kick. Then you still have to drive down the field into field goal range, by passing, with the same wet field and ball. It was a stupid decision on Mangini's part. I don't get it.
Agreed. Go for it on 4th and 10, and the Browns get bad field position if you fail; you still have to stop'em and still have 3 TOs. Either way, the offense has to make some plays.A 2nd successful onside is a long shot after they saw what you did on the 1st one.

I really didn't like Clemens. It could get better, but there seem to be some bad decisions. Bounce passes/ The conditions weren't that bad until the very end.

The OL has been awful. The DL generates zero pass rush. This is a recording.

Do they have any running plays wide that do not require that direct snap? I understand Thomas Jones cracked 100; did he have 50 carries between the tackles?

DO they have any passes to the end zone that are not fades?

Revis got eaten alive by Edwards all day.

Disheartening. It's one thing to lose; it's another to look bad doing it.

Okay, so you get the onside kick. Then you still have to drive down the field into field goal range, by passing, with the same wet field and ball. It was a stupid decision on Mangini's part. I don't get it.

Well hell I dont get it either, just trying to speculate what went on.

Archived