Don't like Mangini? Look at Romeo's history!

PaJetFan

Romeo Crennel was named head coach of cleveland in Feb of 2005. In his first two years, he compiled ten wins. Mangini had ten wins his first season. In his third year, he is now battling for a playoff birth. The most significant upgrades to his team came during the offseason prior to his third year as head coach where probowl level talent was added at LT and guard in Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach. THINK ABOUT THIS!!!! Prior to this year, Crennel dropped from 6 wins in his first year, to 4 in his next. I'm sure a lot of Browns fans doubted their coach, but he just needed more time to build up the foundation. I have 100% faith in Mangini and give him - YES SERIOUSLY - 2-3 more years to show me what he can build. I want winning in the long run. Not just a quick title, and then back to filth. I'm not that selfish. And yes, I am quietly rooting for Romeo to do well, because like Mangini, he is one of the few truely good guys in the NFL.

Record:

2005: 6-10

2006: 4-12

2007: 8-5 after 13 games

Not to mention Crennel didnt go into the FA market for a big play until after his 2nd season.

Most rebuilding teams do the same, so I expect the Jets to get some guys in FA who will make an impact. Fans need to be patient, and are too quick to forget what a COMPLETE MESS that Mangini inherited in 2006.

Not to mention Crennel didnt go into the FA market for a big play until after his 2nd season.

Most rebuilding teams do the same, so I expect the Jets to get some guys in FA who will make an impact. Fans need to be patient, and are too quick to forget what a COMPLETE MESS that Mangini inherited in 2006.

Great post Barton.

On the other hand, Crennell is a defensive coach and has "developed" the Browns into the worst D in the league. His team's success is based upon a castaway qb that didn't start the season and isn't the first round pick "franchise" qb they picked up in the draft. They are competing for a wild card spot. IMO, the fact that Romeo got time doesn't mean anything to me.

What kills me is that all these sky is falling types complained last year because making the playoffs is "meaningless" They want to compete for a super bowl and would just as soon go 1-15 as 10-6 if they don't win the big one. Now that they have their wish everybody is ****ting their pants.

You guys have got to be ****ing kidding me.

This guy didn't even have Anderson starting at QB in week 1, Charlie frickin Frye was starting!!!! They took a QB in the draft when they should have known it wasn't need, that was a waste and actually cost them a 1st rounder this season.

Braylon was there before he came, Winslow was tehre before he came and I've already touched on Anderson.

Those 3 are now the foundation of that offence and Crennell isn't responsible for ****ing any of it!!

Not to mention the sad excuse for a Defence which was suppposed to be his forte.

This guy didn't even have Anderson starting at QB in week 1, Charlie frickin Frye was starting!!!! They took a QB in the draft when they should have known it wasn't need, that was a waste and actually cost them a 1st rounder this season.

Braylon was there before he came, Winslow was tehre before he came and I've already touched on Anderson.

Those 3 are now the foundation of that offence and Crennell isn't responsible for ****ing any of it!!

Not to mention the sad excuse for a Defence which was suppposed to be his forte.

Agreed, I am really tired of the holier then thou attitude. The fact is though, Mangini will be here next year to have a chance to improve. If next season is like this then he will be gone. If we go into next years draft and free agency without getting the pieces we need to run Mangini's schemes then next year will be more of the same.

Yet, he's outcoached Mangini twice now. Go figure.

Romeo Crennel was named head coach of cleveland in Feb of 2005. In his first two years, he compiled ten wins. Mangini had ten wins his first season. In his third year, he is now battling for a playoff birth. The most significant upgrades to his team came during the offseason prior to his third year as head coach where probowl level talent was added at LT and guard in Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach. THINK ABOUT THIS!!!! Prior to this year, Crennel dropped from 6 wins in his first year, to 4 in his next. I'm sure a lot of Browns fans doubted their coach, but he just needed more time to build up the foundation. I have 100% faith in Mangini and give him - YES SERIOUSLY - 2-3 more years to show me what he can build. I want winning in the long run. Not just a quick title, and then back to filth. I'm not that selfish. And yes, I am quietly rooting for Romeo to do well, because like Mangini, he is one of the few truely good guys in the NFL.

Record:

One of those wins in that 4 win season was over Mangini's 10-6 team.

How did he out coach Mangini yesterday?

He drafted Thomas to play LT.

The guy was unbelievable yesterday. I believe he has yet to give up a sack this year. There were times when he was so completely squashing the DE/LB to the point where I couldnt see the jersey of the guy he was blocking. Total domination - even against our best pass rushers - unbelievable :)

How did he out coach Mangini yesterday?

Actually the worst thing that happened yesterday was Clemens bone head pic at the goal line. I'm certainly not a Clemens hater, and liked the pick when they made it last year. I am starting to get concerned though. Not saying he is a bust, way to early for that with a bad OL, But...........

If you remember last year the Jets were cheated by Baker's non catch. Hard to say Mangini was out coached. They were beaten by a blind ref.

Record:

great point

Chasiong the great white whal super coach ges you nowhere., unless Nick Saban followed by Cam Cameroan gets you hot and bothered. It's a bd year. I hope he learned something. I'm not saying go out and sign a collection of criminlas, but they went from standing on principal, quite stupidly, on Pete Kendall, to signing Abraham Elam, who's career is the defintion of a problem child off the field. Add in some serious cap room,and there had better be some progress in 2008.

Cap room as per SI:

TeamSigned Players2008 cap room

1. Tennessee39$40.85 million

2. San Diego44$33.03 million

3. Jacksonville43$32.69 million

4. Buffalo49$32.05 million

5. New Orleans39$31.69 million

6. Cincinnati48$31.45 million

7. San Francisco48$30.91 million

8. Cleveland42$30.31 million

9. Arizona34$30.27 million

10.N.Y. Jets45$27.72 million

11.Oakland40$25.98 million

12.Tampa Bay48$25.90 million

13.Miami48$25.56 million

14.N.Y. Giants49$24.47 million

15.Detroit42$23.50 million

16.Houston43$22.91 million

17.Dallas40$20.61 million

18.Kansas City44$20.27 million

19.Chicago52$19.80 million

20.Pittsburgh43$18.61 million

21.Green Bay48$18.37 million

22.Philadelphia49$17.17 million

23.Denver49$16.77 million

24.Minnesota49$14.88 million

25.New England41$10.93 million

26.St. Louis45$9.61 million

27.Seattle44$9.55 million

28.Indianapolis48$8.49 million

29.Carolina35$6.05 million

30.Atlanta52$5.79 million*

31.Baltimore42$5.00 million

32.Washington45-$20.72 million

* Not including unspecified potential rebate from contested return of Michael Vick's pro-rated signing bonus.

One huge caveat-it could all still go right in 2008, and if the Pats and Tom Brady and the Colts and Peyton Manning still dominate the AFC, even the best outcomes will be a tough sell. But we have to see progress and wins. Which is why a game like last night is such a downer. Clemens and Revis both seemed to take backward steps. It happoens with young players, it just frustrates you. Is it a bump in the road or something worse?

you want me to go through all of the mistakes that Manginius made yesterday or would you settle for the fact that he won the game just as he did last year?

Crennel had the biggest screw up of all yesterday. His defense was not even ready on the goalline and Clemens stole a touchdown on them. That is herm like ineptness. I've never seen that happen to Mangini's Jets. They get beaten alot, but not in that manner. That was an embarassment for the Browns.

Archived