Toys for Tots

Brenjetsfan

not for nothing but I triple my TOYS for TOTS every year. Re/Max Real Estate LTD (my office) is the head quarters for TOYS for TOTS...

I donate to them..... an for the past 18 years have donated a toy or 2 for the tots... BUT this year was the FIRST time EVER I have not seen a Marine at any gate there to support the tots....so what does this say? Forget about donating 3 -4 times a year?

NOT 1 MARINE was in our haus this weekend. Unless they just boy-coted

Gate D...helllloooooo......:tongue7:=;

:tongue7::vactiontime:

there was 2 marines outside gate b collecting toys. actually they were trying to pick up chicks while manning their position.

As there were at the right of gate C. I had the tyke throw in a generous donation, and it seemed many others threw cash and toys. They usually make an annoucnement thanking the corwd, but I didn't hear one Sunday.

Hey Semper Fi...more than you think! I can even give you a personal account on that one...1968. Battle of Khe Sanh. Army had to come and rescue the Marines.

Are you refering to operation pegasus? A joint relief op with Marines, Army and South vietnam regulars, to help the seiged Marine units? was not aware that was an ARMY only operation. I am pretty sure Marines have bailed the Army out a few times also. No disrespect intended. I am not a Vietnam vet. Growing up around Vietnam Vets inspired me to join the Marine corps. I am fascinated about the war, and how different American civilian culture was at the time and what it treated Vets like, I get very angry whenever i discuss it. I spent 8 Years in the Corps, deployed to Desert Storm, Somalia, Bosnia, Haitai. We all helped each other out. The Air force was the Biggest help at Khe Sanh with that massive ariel bombardment that is said to be the largest in military history, It kept that est 70,000 NVA force at bay.

Semper Fi

Are you refering to operation pegasus? A joint relief op with Marines, Army and South vietnam regulars, to help the seiged Marine units? was not aware that was an ARMY only operation. I am pretty sure Marines have bailed the Army out a few times also. No disrespect intended. I am not a Vietnam vet. I spent 8 Years in the Corps, deployed to Desert Storm, Somalia, Bosnia, Haitai. We all helped each other out. The Air force was the Biggest help at Khe Sanh with that massive ariel bombardment that is said to be the largest in military history, It kept that est 70,000 NVA force at bay.

Semper Fi

LOL...now, I know you looked that up. Listen, these battle lines between the Army and Marines go back and forth all the time. I'm sure you are proud of your service (and you should be) as I am of mine.

When us Nam vets meet at reunion gatherings, we get into this good natured ribbing all the time...at the end of the day, we are all brothers.

Thank you for your service Marine!

PS Yes, it was a joint venture into Khe Sahn...my unit wasn't involved (101st A/B Div) but the 1st Cav Div was and I think one other Army battalion from the 23rd Inf Div (Americal Div).

LOL...now, I know you looked that up. Listen, these battle lines between the Army and Marines go back and forth all the time. I'm sure you are proud of your service (and you should be) as I am of mine.

When us Nam vets meet at reunion gatherings, we get into this good natured ribbing all the time...at the end of the day, we are all brothers.

PS Yes, it was a joint venture into Khe Sahn...my unit wasn't involved (101st A/B Div) but the 1st Cav Div was and I think one other Army battalion from the 23rd Inf Div (Americal Div).

We THANK you all for your service ,no -matter what Branch anyone serves in ,no matter how big the War or how small the conflict ,it takes a very SPECIAL person (it doesn`t have to be special opps..lol) to put there life on the line for their country .So again thank you all for your service & for those who have family & friends presently serving , I hope GOD brings them home to you swift & safe MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all

Oh I know about and enjoy service rivalarys, Yes I do alot of military history research, its kind of my other passion. That service rivalary almost had me post something quite different, but I held my composure.

Hers one for ya (you probally already heard it you salty dog)

ARMY= Aren't Really Marines Yet !!!!! hehehe:beer:

Semper Fi

Oh I know about and enjoy service rivalarys, Yes I do alot of military history research, its kind of my other passion. That service rivalary almost had me post something quite different, but I held my composure.

Hers one for ya (you probally already heard it you salty dog)

ARMY= Aren't Really Marines Yet !!!!! hehehe:beer:

Semper Fi

We could go all day with this. You know how the Marines are looking for a few good men. Well, the Army has all good men.

We could go all day with this. You know how the Marines are looking for a few good men. Well, the Army has all good men.
:penguin:

Yeah Yeah I know, But the ARMY"S standards for good men is closely woven to the don't ask don't tell policy ain't it?!!! And from what I understand those standards are low and they just keep going down !!!! hehehehe.

By the way where in South New York are you? I lived in Ft Lauderdale then West Palm Beach for 10 yrs, untill 2005.

Gotta DiDi

Semper Fi

Back on the topic of Toy's For Tot's, Majority of all Marine Corps active and Reserve are currently deployed. So it's a tough commitment to be understaffed at, at this time of the year.

On behalf of many children and the Marine Corps thanks for the giving.

Semper Fi

Archived