Attention Brenda, T-Mac, Smizzy, Gainzo

Garb

HBO Fan Life Segment - Zip (Randy)

HBO Inside the NFL is doing a segment on true diehard fans and this week's fan feature is "Zip", Randy Pierce. Many of you here know or at least know of Zip who was the 2001 Patriots Fan of the Year. It also includes a rather extensive interview with Bruschi and seeing how a player feels about a fan (and vice-versa) such as Zip is quite heartwarming.

http://www.hbo.com/infl/

Fan Life #4

HBO Inside the NFL is doing a segment on true diehard fans and this week's fan feature is "Zip", Randy Pierce. Many of you here know or at least know of Zip who was the 2001 Patriots Fan of the Year. It also includes a rather extensive interview with Bruschi and seeing how a player feels about a fan (and vice-versa) such as Zip is quite heartwarming.

Fan Life #4

i usually get the feeling that the players couldn't care less about what the fans think of them...maybe i'm wrong, nice to know bruschi cares...cares enough to at least say he cares i suppose.

Since we have everybody's attention, who keeps text messaging me asking me if I was at the game on Sunday? anybody? Buehler?

My phone sucks, I can receive text messages. but I have no clue who's sending them.

Thanks for letting me hijack your thread Garby. now carry on.

Zip is one of THE coolest guys you will ever meet who has had more than his share of hardships. A man who lost his vision, but never his will. Nicest man you would every want to meet - no complaints, no judgeing, no negativity. I could learn a lot from this guy. LOL!

He, along with Mrs B, are the founders of the Full Tilt/Full Time Tailgate - one of the largest at Gillette without being a cluster F like 16H. I'll say it: Full Tilt has nicer, more generous and genuine people. Sorry.

Zip is one of THE coolest guys you will ever meet who has had more than his share of hardships. A man who lost his vision, but never his will. Nicest man you would every want to meet - no complaints, no judgeing, no negativity. I could learn a lot from this guy. LOL!

He, along with Mrs B, are the founders of the Full Tilt/Full Time Tailgate - one of the largest at Gillette without being a cluster F like 16H. I'll say it: Full Tilt has nicer, more generous and genuine people. Sorry.

Can you say that one more time, I couldn't hear you.

Fan Life #4

holy crap i am in the video...i love zip

h

Fan Life #4

It was a great story & Zip is a heck of a guy ,I met him last year and the year before when we went to the game, but if HBO wants to do a story on Diehard fans (and I realize this was done in 2001) they should have been at the toilet bowl in Miami interviwing fans who flew to and attended that game Miami & JET fans nothing diehard about following a team thats won 3 superbowls in the last decade ,now following 2 teams that are a combined 2-22 athe time of the game those are diehard fans

It was a great story & Zip is a heck of a guy ,I met him last year and the year before when we went to the game, but if HBO wants to do a story on Diehard fans (and I realize this was done in 2001) they should have been at the toilet bowl in Miami interviwing fans who flew to and attended that game Miami & JET fans nothing diehard about following a team thats won 3 superbowls in the last decade ,now following 2 teams that are a combined 2-22 athe time of the game those are diehard fans

Your kidding, right? This guy is blind, lost his ability to walk for a while, and you think you are more dedicated than him because you party like a rock star in Ft. Lauderdale on an 80 degree weekend?

No need to get huffy-remember you are the one calling Jet fans out here Garb! So we both have loyal and dedicated fans- Zip is the one and only of the Pat ones compared to thousand of Jet fans.

Just calling it like it is. Sorry if you don't like it. Dedicated Jets fans are those that actually showed up this past Sunday - not bar hoping on Los Olas Boulevard. Pls....

Your kidding, right? This guy is blind, lost his ability to walk for a while, and you think you are more dedicated than him because you party like a rock star in Ft. Lauderdale on an 80 degree weekend?

I know the guy is blind ,I told you I met him a couple of times . , but if they did a show on die-hard fans then also do it on fans that follow there teams in bad years thats what Iam saying. and I didn`t mention me ,but if your challenging my dedication ,I`ll say my dedication to this team is equal to anyones...

Just calling it like it is. Sorry if you don't like it. Dedicated Jets fans are those that actually showed up this past Sunday - not bar hoping on Los Olas Boulevard. Pls....

It's people like you who give people like Zip a bad name.

Wait, I thought you had season tickets?

i understand the setup accomodates a circle J for at least 50, Question (insert Dwight Schrutes voice) where do you sit?

It's people like you who give people like Zip a bad name.

Whatever. I feel strongly about this. I appreciate a fan that went through the misery at the Meadowlands this past Sunday far more than a fan who goes to say, San Diego for a road trip. 14H, JoiseyJet, 124, etc being there THIS Sunday is far more impressive than a trip to Miami.

I got a little defensive because Zip is handicapped - but remember this was 2001 and the Pats weren't exactly a powerhouse then. Being a Pats fan now is FAR easier than being a Jets fan. Which further proves my point - sitting in miserable weather during a miserable season impresses me more.

That's my rant. You don't like it, that is your choice.

Whatever. I feel strongly about this. I appreciate a fan that went through the misery at the Meadowlands this past Sunday far more than a fan who goes to say, San Diego for a road trip. 14H, JoiseyJet, 124, etc being there THIS Sunday is far more impressive than a trip to Miami.

I got a little defensive because Zip is handicapped - but remember this was 2001 and the Pats weren't exactly a powerhouse then. Being a Pats fan now is FAR easier than being a Jets fan. Which further proves my point - sitting in miserable weather during a miserable season impresses me more.

That's my rant. You don't like it, that is your choice.

i respect people like zip, and he actually doesn't have to look at the POS coach with his homeless look and classless manner. If he did he would switch teams in a Bahston second.

A diehard is someone who went to Miami and then the home game. Those Sally Mary types (cough BP, Green DNA, Faba) that "got sick" and couldn't make the home game -- let's just cancel their season tickets right now.

Seriously -- Jets call me. I will tell you where they sit so you can cancel them.

:xmas:

A diehard is someone who went to Miami and then the home game. Those Sally Mary types (cough BP, Green DNA, Faba) that "got sick" and couldn't make the home game -- let's just cancel their season tickets right now.

Seriously -- Jets call me. I will tell you where they sit so you can cancel them.

Like who went to Dallas to see the Jets play the week before

Like who went to Dallas to see the Jets play the week before

Hey those road games are nice. But we are hurting at home. Fireman Ed is down. I repeat Fireman Ed is down.

It is up to the rest of us to put on pink jerseys and pink cowboy hats and make that stadium as loud as it can possibly be!

:rl:

I hate not being a die hard Jet fan, really I do.. at least Garb knows what a ''true die hard fan'' is. :rolleyes:

I met Zip last year at both Jets-Patriots games and he was a nice guy with a beautiful dog. The tailgate is an awesome set up and the Pats fans at that tailgate were nothing but great to us. Congrats to him.

Oh and BTW Garb, 4H and Joisey will not be there this Sunday. Only Brenda, Greengal and I will be there from this site. Although, hey, Joisey goes to at least 6 road games a year and 4H did Baltimore and Miami.

...for a messageboard that invites differing opinions, you are all awfully sensitive. ;)

Seriously, I'm not really sure what a die-hard is - but I think you're either a die-hard or a moron to have sat through that weather last week for a team that has won three games thus far this season.

Plus, I think die-hards have issues. Really. I mean, I heard of one season ticket holder that openly suggested that if his expectant wife were to go into labor during a game - well, that she was on her own for a while. Another person stated that they would forgo their only nephews christening because it was the home opener.

That better, BP? :P

...for a messageboard that invites differing opinions, you are all awfully sensitive. ;)

Seriously, I'm not really sure what a die-hard is - but I think you're either a die-hard or a moron to have sat through that weather last week for a team that has won three games thus far this season.

Plus, I think die-hards have issues. Really. I mean, I heard of one season ticket holder that openly suggested that if his expectant wife were to go into labor during a game - well, that she was on her own for a while. Another person stated that they would forgo their only nephews christening because it was the home opener.

That better, BP? :P

Yes, that's much better.

I was a young 13 year old moron that sat through the last game of the 1978 season at Shea while the Danny White led Cowboys (Staubach was being rested) massacred the Jets while I watched the light poles sway back and forth with the 50 mph winds. it left a lasting impression on me.

I was at the Baltomore Colts vs Jets Oct 1 1989 at home ....9 months prego...gave birth 11 days later....was trying to deliver at the stadium, but my son didn't budge....does that make me a die hard??:love0038:

I think it makes you CRAZY. :P

But I think we all love you for it. :1st:

I was at the Baltomore Colts vs Jets Oct 1 1989 at home ....9 months prego...gave birth 11 days later....was trying to deliver at the stadium, but my son didn't budge....does that make me a die hard??:love0038:

It puts you at the TOP of the Green & White list of JET fans Brenda !

Archived