Which currently active NFL HC

DonCorleone

I'd take either one of the Ryan sons-and they're only DC's-either one of them understands the basic premnise of the game of football; The Game Is Won And Lost In The Trenches-another one they understand is That Defense Wins Championships

Be careful what you wish for. Good coordinators do not always make for good head coaches. Remember Joe Walton? Pete Carroll? Many times when you make a guy responsible for too much it takes away from their ability to pay attention. They'll never find a DC as good as they are and they'll never be able to handle both jobs.

I've done it. You can scream Bob Sanders all you want, but offense won that title. IF the Pats go all the way that'll be O too.

Without question. The best I will ever give someone in that argument is that it's 50/50. But there are few times in history where a team with a dominant defense and horrible offense won a title.

Without question. The best I will ever give someone in that argument is that it's 50/50. But there are few times in history where a team with a dominant defense and horrible offense won a title.

Ravens, maybe the Bucs. Maybe some in the olden days when football was black and white before the super bowl and all the pro offense rules were installed.

even 50/50 would be a joke. The pats o could probably beat any defense except maybe the steelers steel curtain or the bears monster of the midway. As far as head coaches go, I'd take Dungy, Holmgren, or Chucky. I'm not sure about Fischer. Del Rio might be nice also. But Cower is the guy I want to come out of retirement in two years so he can take the job when mangina is carried out of here on a rail, tarred and feathered.

I like Fox also.

But Dungy would have to be one of my first choices.

Im not a big Dungy fan. He is a great defensive mind, but I dont think he is a good head coach. His teams do play well every year, but I think its in spite of him, not because of him. His teams just dont win the big games often enough. With that much talent (tampa, Indy) they should have been to more than 1 superbowl.

And with the sorry state of our team, he wouldnt improve us very much. It would be Hermie lite.

Archived