Steelers | Davenport explodes

Smizzy

Steelers | Davenport explodes

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:50:12 -0800

The Associated Press reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Najeh Davenport, who replaced RB Willie Parker (leg) during Week 16, exploded against the St. Louis Rams. He rushed for 123 yards and had 44 yards receiving. He scored on both a rushing and receiving touchdown during the game

Poops McGee

From the title of this thread, I thought he had another huge bowel movement like the one he left in that girls laundry basket in college.

im sorry but that s--t still makes me laugh

i can't decide what's funnier the idea he couldn't get to the toilet or if he was just being disrespectful. maybe both. it's a class act all the way. :bag:

Honestly, when healthy at the U, Davenport was just as good as the other guys they had in the stable.

That game he had against UCLA, I knew he was for real.

Too bad he's blown his knees out like twice. His size, speed and power when he was younger was sick.

He never shows up in big games. He doesn't catch the football. He has a major fumbling problem. He's not a short yardage back. Najeh FN Davenport has been just as effective.

Doesn't show up in big games???

Are you ****ing serious?????

The Superbowl?? The Playoffs???

Parker doesn't have a fumbling problem, that one game vs the Bengals makes it seem like a problem but really it hasn't been througout his career. He's also pretty darn good out of the backfield.

He's not a short yardage back admittedly but the rest of those points are total BS.

Parker doesn't have a fumbling problem, that one game vs the Bengals makes it seem like a problem but really it hasn't been througout his career. He's also pretty darn good out of the backfield.

He's not a short yardage back admittedly but the rest of those points are total BS.

:sign0098: Gotta agree. Parker is NOT known for having a fumbling problem. He WILL be a big loss for the Steelers. They are lucky that they have Davenport to fill in but now your RB depth is gone.

Honestly, when healthy at the U, Davenport was just as good as the other guys they had in the stable.

Too bad he's blown his knees out like twice. His size, speed and power when he was younger was sick.

The guy I get sick about is melvin bratton, who was a great RB in college, and blew his knee in his last college game. Shame. He was never close to regaining his great college form after that injury.

I met him at the Miami GT game a few years ago- great guy...he got huge (a lot of eating ;-)

Melvin Bratton had a standout career at the University of Miami during his five seasons in Coral Gables. As a runningback and fullback, Bratton ran his way into the UM record books as well as leading the team to the 1987 national championship over Oklahoma in the 1988 Orange Bowl Classic.

Bratton first came to Miami in 1983 from nearby Northwestern High School and was a key member of the Hurricanes' scout team that assisted the varsity into winning the schools' first national title later that year over Nebraska in the 1984 Orange Bowl Classic.

His career accomplishments can still be found in the football record book with his 32 career touchdowns tying for third all-time, and his 26 rushing touchdowns fourth-most. When he completed his career in 1987, he was listed among several record including points scored (3rd, 192), touchdown receptions (6th, 6) all-purpose yardage (8th, 2,455), rushing (9th, 1,371) and receptions (9th, 86).

Bratton's first varsity season in 1984 saw the strong back become a force by season's end. After teammate Alonzo Highsmith went down with an injury during the Maryland game, Bratton put together 165 receiving yards and 63 yards on the ground in just three quarters of action. Against Boston College later that season, Bratton scored four rushing touchdowns while gaining 134 yards on the ground. In the 1985 Fiesta Bowl against UCLA Bratton gained 100 yards in total offense with two more scores.

His rookie season totals were 279 yards rushing and 391 yards receiving. He had four rushing touchdowns and one receiving score. His sophomore season in 1985 saw him rank third on the team in rushing yards (285) and fourth in pass receptions (22). Bratton's eight touchdowns, five rushing and three receiving, were second most on the team. For the year he had 285 yards rushing and 180 yards receiving.

As a junior in 1986, Bratton earned U.P.I All-America honorable mention honors at runningback. Started the season strong with 100 yards rushing on 11 carries and a trio of touchdowns in the opener against South Carolina.

The following week, he scored two more touchdowns against Florida to give him five scores in the season's first seven quarters played. Bratton would finish the season with a career-high 380 yards rushing with eight rushing touchdowns.

In his final season with the Hurricanes in 1987, Bratton was simply just good. He scored at least one touchdown in all but two games that year. After making the switch from halfback to fullback, Bratton responded with career-high numbers in rushing (473 yards on 119 carries) and was the No. pass receiver with 26 catches for 364 yards. During the season, Bratton had stellar moments during the season-opening win over Florida, where he caught seven passes for 85 yards, including Steve Walsh's first-ever completion as a Hurricane. He also had a big 49-yard scoring reception late in the third quarter of UM's amazing comeback at Florida State of which Miami went on to win 26-25. Bratton was also part of the first trio of 100-yard rushers in a single-game since 1974 when he (114), Leonard Conley (120) and Warren Williams (101) each passed the 100-yard plateau against the Bearcats.

After getting injured in the 1988 Orange Bowl against Oklahoma, his final collegiate game, the sure-first round pick was forced to rehabilitate and wounded up a sixth-round selection of the Miami Dolphins. Bratton declined to play in his first season out of college prepping his knee for the next season where the Denver Broncos selected him. Bratton played with the Broncos from 1988-91, and later became an NFL scout with the Washington Redskins

Over the last two years, Parker has ELEVEN fumbles, eight lost. Pretty sure he leads the league in both categories for a non-QB.

He also does not catch the ball, which you did not refute.

"Big games" was not what I meant to say. "Good defenses" was what I meant to say.

Last two years:

vs. JAX - 20 yards rushing

vs. SDG - 57 yards rushing

vs. BAL - 22 yards rushing

vs. BAL - 29 yards rushing

vs. BAL - 42 yards rushing

He has also produced complete clunkers against Cleveland ('06, though he has owned them for the most part), the Jets, the Bengals, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Arizona. The only decent game he's had against a legit defense in the last two years is against New England a couple weeks ago, and they aren't a very good run defense.

Parker racks up a lot of pretty yardage stats against crap defenses. I'm not so impressed.

So did Frank Gore

Over the last two years, Parker has ELEVEN fumbles, eight lost. Pretty sure he leads the league in both categories for a non-QB.

He also does not catch the ball, which you did not refute.

"Big games" was not what I meant to say. "Good defenses" was what I meant to say.

Last two years:

vs. JAX - 20 yards rushing

vs. SDG - 57 yards rushing

vs. BAL - 22 yards rushing

vs. BAL - 29 yards rushing

vs. BAL - 42 yards rushing

He has also produced complete clunkers against Cleveland ('06, though he has owned them for the most part), the Jets, the Bengals, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Arizona. The only decent game he's had against a legit defense in the last two years is against New England a couple weeks ago, and they aren't a very good run defense.

Parker racks up a lot of pretty yardage stats against crap defenses. I'm not so impressed.

This year he has fumbled 4 times and 2 of them came in that Bengals game where he was wearing different sleeves (Madden pointed out that was the problem). Also don't forget the **** load of carries he has had, it's not a huge problem for him IMO.

He does catch the ball, very well too. But if you had any sense you would know that Pittsburgh don't throw the ball that ****ing much and once they get a lead they sit on it, and don't put the ball in the air when they have a big lead, especially not under Cowher. Also consider the other recieving threats that the Steelers have, they don't need to use Parker out of the backfield too often.

Every RB's numbers will decrease against better defences, that is why they are better defences. Also his last 2 games he had 100+ yards vs New England and Jacksonville, hardly crappy defences, are they??:roll:

This year he has fumbled 4 times and 2 of them came in that Bengals game where he was wearing different sleeves (Madden pointed out that was the problem). Also don't forget the **** load of carries he has had, it's not a huge problem for him IMO.

He does catch the ball, very well too. But if you had any sense you would know that Pittsburgh don't throw the ball that ****ing much and once they get a lead they sit on it, and don't put the ball in the air when they have a big lead, especially not under Cowher. Also consider the other recieving threats that the Steelers have, they don't need to use Parker out of the backfield too often.

Every RB's numbers will decrease against better defences, that is why they are better defences. Also his last 2 games he had 100+ yards vs New England and Jacksonville, hardly crappy defences, are they??:roll:

He's fumbled 4 times this year. He fumbled SEVEN times last year, five the year before. I guess all those fumbles came in the rain against the Bengals, huh?

He does not catch the ball well. If you had any sense, you'd know that Ben Roethlisberger has thrown for 30 ****ing touchdowns this season. Sounds like a team that never throws the ball. BTW, Najeh Davenport has five less receptions than Willie Parker. And four more total TDs. As his backup.

Archived