Teams and Positions

Nick Ferraro

Last night's game got me thinking about how certain teams always seem to be able to land studs at specific positions. The Rams have had Dickerson, Faulk, and now Steven Jackson. The Steelers always have linebackers, even back to the 70s. Joey Porter and James Harrison are the latest.

I started to think about other teams and if they had that same run on talent at any one spot. While there may be gaps between great players, the gaps are usually short.

Chicago - Linebackers

Dallas - QBs, WRs

Buffalo - RBs

Minn - DL

I'm sure there are others. These just came to mind first.

Last night's game got me thinking about how certain teams always seem to be able to land studs at specific positions. The Rams have had Dickerson, Faulk, and now Steven Jackson. The Steelers always have linebackers, even back to the 70s. Joey Porter and James Harrison are the latest.

I started to think about other teams and if they had that same run on talent at any one spot. While there may be gaps between great players, the gaps are usually short.

Chicago - Linebackers

Dallas - QBs, WRs

Buffalo - RBs

Minn - DL

I'm sure there are others. These just came to mind first.

You forgot to mention James Farrior as a great PIT LB :(

Good thread. The Giants have a hard time drafting Wide Receivers. The Jets having trouble drafting just about everything.

The Patriots are awesome at drafting 2nd day DT \ FB types. :cheers:

The Jets always seem to have good LB around: Buttle, Mehl, Crable, Vilma, maybe/hopefully Harris. I'm sure I've missed one or two.

It's not as much that they produce good RB's as it is they have a very succesful and effective running scheme. A lot of those backs have really struggled since leaving Denver.

I agree.

If Denver makes the list, it's probably for Safeties. Dennis Smith - Steve A****er - John Lynch.

Jake Plummer never won an MVP award? You guys can't be serious. Someone told me a long time ago that he would win one. I will be honest, I never actually checked to see if it happened.

I just took his word at face value and assumed that at some point, Jake The Snake, would do it. My bad for posting bad info.

hahaha Nick -- that's the thanks you get. In the words of Flava Flav --- YEAH BOY!~!

You could go with Centers for the Jets:

Schmitt, Fields, Mawae and now Mangold.

Good one. And Jim Sweeney was pretty good for a time between Fields and Mawae. Almost uninterupted excellent center play since the mid sixties. Of course, there was Roger "the dodger" Duffy before Mawae for a couple of seasons during the Kotite dynasty.

Archived