Ferguson - what do we think of him right now?

faba

Certain games he has been taken apart this season -not the progress I or anyone would want to see from a number one pick. We need more support for him on the line so I will not be real harsh on him yet!

I would love to see what this kid weighs right now. I'll bet it's 290 or less.

Certain games he has been taken apart this season -not the progress I or anyone would want to see from a number one pick. We need more support for him on the line so I will not be real harsh on him yet!

we knew when we drafted him that he was NOT a great run blocker. However, it is in the pass game that his great college reputation was made. He is very inconsistent in the NFL thus far. Perhaps it is the revolving door OG situation but last year he allowed 10 sacks and several pressures and an experienced OG was next to him. He is light but seems not to be able to use leverage very well at times. Could be that as the season progresses and he loses even more weight, that he loses strength as well. His feet were quick in college but I do not see the same quickness in the NFL. Another year will tell us lots more about BRICK.

I think he will look a lot better with a good LG playing next to him

I hope you are right but it seems clear that he is not nor will he ever be an elite LT. He wasnt sold to Jet fans as a mauler but he gets beat too much by speed rushes and shear effort, which does not bode well for his future. IMO.

I hope you are right but it seems clear that he is not nor will he ever be an elite LT. He wasnt sold to Jet fans as a mauler but he gets beat too much by speed rushes and shear effort, which does not bode well for his future. IMO.

while I will agree that he hasnt lived up to his 4th overall draft status, Im not going to call him a bust or concede that he wont be the player we drafted him to be. Hes still only in his 2nd year. LT is a position that often takes time to develop. He is facing the NE Defense, J.Taylor, and A.Shoebel twice a season. Lets not give up on him quite yet

I didn't like the pick then, and I like it even less now. I knew he would need some time to adjust to the NFL, but he hasn't improved from day 1 as far as I can tell. He wasn't good with Kendall next to him, and he hasn't been good this year. He has played to the level of a third round draft pick. He seems to lack any meaness, that competitive spirit that makes average football players good ones. He isn't Robert Gallery, but he isn't far behind him either.

while I will agree that he hasnt lived up to his 4th overall draft status, Im not going to call him a bust or concede that he wont be the player we drafted him to be. Hes still only in his 2nd year. LT is a position that often takes time to develop. He is facing the NE Defense, J.Taylor, and A.Shoebel twice a season. Lets not give up on him quite yet

Guess what? Those are NFL DE's... if he cant match up with them he has no business being a LT...

We need a LT that can handle the opponents... Dbrick cant... sadly it is turning into a bad pick...

Guess what? Those are NFL DE's... if he cant match up with them he has no business being a LT...

We need a LT that can handle the opponents... Dbrick cant... sadly it is turning into a bad pick...

Guess what? those are pro bowl DEs. Its his 2nd year, dont give up on a guy with his athletic ability so soon. Hes not getting the QB killed, and hes still developing

Right now he's not playing like the 4th overall pick should. Once he bulks up I think he'll develop into an excellent player. People forget that he is only 22.

He's 24, which is still very young for a LT.

IMO he's improving, he has good technique in pass blocking and I'm sure with a half decent LG beside him he will start to show great results.

Personally, I'm pleased with D'Brick.

Archived