My jets mock draft/offseason

NYjet10

Draft up until 3rd round.

1st round- Darren Mcfadden RB

2nd round- Shawn Crable OLB

2nd round- (from cincinatti) Gosder Cheriolous OT

3rd round- Early Doucett WR

Trades-

Johnathan Vilma to cincinatti for the bengals 2nd round pick.

Thomas Jones to Atlanta for atlantas 4th round pick.

Chad Pennington to Chicago for chicagos 4th round pick.

FA moves-

Jets sign DE Terrel Suggs. We then would have Shawn Crable and Suggs attacking the QB.

Jets sign OT Max Starks. Ferguson,Mangold,Starks,and Newcomer Gosder Cherilous doesent sound too bad.

Jets sign DB Marcus Trufant. His addition along with Revis will make for a strong duo back there. You also throw in Rhodes and it will be very hard for offenses to pass the ball effectively.

Overall I dont think our OL will become great with the addition of Starks,and Cherilous,but it will be good enough for the duo of Mcfadden and Washington to have stand out years along with Kellen.

We will be a strong tem in 08 and will scare a lot of teams including the Patsies.

Trades-

FA moves-

Jets sign DE Terrel Suggs. We then would have Shawn Crable and Suggs attacking the QB.

Jets sign OT Max Starks. Ferguson,Mangold,Starks,and Newcomer Gosder Cherilous doesent sound too bad.

Jets sign DB Marcus Trufant. His addition along with Revis will make for a strong duo back there. You also throw in Rhodes and it will be very hard for offenses to pass the ball effectively.

Overall I dont think our OL will become great with the addition of Starks,and Cherilous,but it will be good enough for the duo of Mcfadden and Washington to have stand out years along with Kellen.

We will be a strong tem in 08 and will scare a lot of teams including the Patsies.

Dude how strong is the eggnog?

I just dont get why we want to trade Thomas Jones after one year and why in your draft and offseason moves we dont make a push for Faneca. Him wanting to land in Arizona is only speculation and why not look to bring a CB in via draft or FA. Minus Revis we dont have a good corner on the other side by any means.

I would also say if we beat KC i wouldnt mind getting Vernon Gholston with our pick. He seems like a great fit.

If we get mcfadden or Gholston its a good first round.

the key is getting 3rd pick

the 2nd rd pick will be 34th and add up the 1st rd reaches, it could be 30!!!

Trades-

FA moves-

I like a lot of the players but it's quite unrealistic. Even if we draft McFadden I doubt we'd trade Jones. Doucett will not be available in the 3rd Rnd barring a huge hit in his draft stock. I like that you addressed the line as well as getting McFadden meaning a better running game, those move are pretty realistic as well to be fair. I also love the Crable pick, I'd love to see him play beside Harris again.

I can't see us getting Suggs and Trufant, maybe one or the other but not both. Also the D-line hasn't been addressed, our main weakness on defence.

Overall, not a bad job though, just lay off the alchohol a little.;-)

I like a lot of the players but it's quite unrealistic. Even if we draft McFadden I doubt we'd trade Jones. Doucett will not be available in the 3rd Rnd barring a huge hit in his draft stock. I like that you addressed the line as well as getting McFadden meaning a better running game, those move are pretty realistic as well to be fair. I also love the Crable pick, I'd love to see him play beside Harris again.

I can't see us getting Suggs and Trufant, maybe one or the other but not both. Also the D-line hasn't been addressed, our main weakness on defence.

Overall, not a bad job though, just lay off the alchohol a little.;-)

IM ONLY 13!!! its not alcohol its a young jets fan who wants see a freaking super bowl already.

I just dont get why we want to trade Thomas Jones after one year and why in your draft and offseason moves we dont make a push for Faneca. Him wanting to land in Arizona is only speculation and why not look to bring a CB in via draft or FA. Minus Revis we dont have a good corner on the other side by any means.

Thats why i said sign Marcus Trufant. hes a very good CB.

IM ONLY 13!!! its not alcohol its a young jets fan who wants see a freaking super bowl already.

how about me who is a decade plus older then you and then the fans who are decade plus older then me, you dont think we want to either??? None of us like dishing out thousands of dollars to see the product they put on the field.

Do you guys think if we draft Shawn Crable we can forget spending a lot of our money on suggs,and get someone a little cheaper?

Yeah I can't see us getting both Suggs and Crable. IMO we will get one LB and pay more attention to the D-line, that's where the weakness of our D lies.

Crable would be a great pick IMO but I really worry that his draft stock could shoot way up if he tears it up in the combine which I think he may.

If we do trade cole and penny for kc's first then we can get mcfadden and ghoulston in the first round and then go for the o linemen in the second and take bpa after that. in fa we have to get a corner and either de or nt and another og. A must for fa has to be those three. We can't draft those three spots and expect them to start.

Crable does not sound like a Mangini type player according to PFW. Does someone no more about him?

Link...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/positionrptLB.htm

Michigan SLB Shawn Crable is an enigma. He has great size with long limbs and he looks the part. He makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage, where he ranks second in the nation with 26

If we do trade cole and penny for kc's first then we can get mcfadden and ghoulston in the first round and then go for the o linemen in the second and take bpa after that. in fa we have to get a corner and either de or nt and another og. A must for fa has to be those three. We can't draft those three spots and expect them to start.

DE-Terrel Suggs or Jared Allen

CB-Marcus Trufant

OG-Max Starks or Alan Faneca

NT- I like the guy from texas.

Crable does not sound like a Mangini type player according to PFW. Does someone no more about him?

Link...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/positionrptLB.htm

Michigan SLB Shawn Crable is an enigma. He has great size with long limbs and he looks the part. He makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage, where he ranks second in the nation with 26

They have no choice at this point.

Whatever wicked plan Woody Johnson has for the new stadium will be better served with a decent team so I agree with you. However, I dont see Mangini spending for a FA CB and I dont see the team bringing in Faneca.

Whatever wicked plan Woody Johnson has for the new stadium will be better served with a decent team so I agree with you. However, I dont see Mangini spending for a FA CB and I dont see the team bringing in Faneca.

to be honest faneca might be too old for the money it would cost. we need a cb even mangina can see that.

I would rather have Max Starks from pittsburgh on our line.

It wont happen now that Parcells is on board but I think Hadnot, the Miami guard would be a nice fit for the Jets. And I believe he is young (25?) and an UFA at the end of the season. He and the rookie center have been solid, consistent run blockers.

It wont happen now that Parcells is on board but I think Hadnot, the Miami guard would be a nice fit for the Jets. And I believe he is young (25?) and an UFA at the end of the season. He and the rookie center have been solid, consistent run blockers.

i've heard good things from him also,and i'm sure he wont be expensive.

to be honest faneca might be too old for the money it would cost. we need a cb even mangina can see that.

I don't understand the man love some posters here have for Faneca. IMO he is looking for the big payday and nothing else.

Archived