The Kellen Clemens Interview on 1050 radio

Kentucky Jet

Key points (and good questions by Bob Wischusen*):

Asked Clemens the one, or two, or three aspects of his game he feels he really needs to work on this offseason and KC's response was he had to limit his turnovers (he said he put the ball on the ground twice and that there was of course 10 INTs) and he has to review all of the sacks as he said there was definitely too many sacks.

Wischusen jumped in though and said, "Well lets be realistic here, not all of those 10 INTs were your fault. You had a hail mary INT at the end of a half, you had the ball that tipped off McCareins hands in Baltimore, trying to force things when you were inserted late vs. Buffalo, etc."

Wischusen straight up asked, "Have you watched the film of all 10 INTs?"

Clemens responded, "Yes."

Wischusen - "Well of those 10, how many have you and the coaches deemed as your fault?"

Clemens answer, "5."

Then when talking about the sacks he said he's yet to do that but him and the coaches have to sit down and evaluate each one individually.

"Is there somewhere in the pocket I could have stepped rather then where I did? Did I tuck the ball in too soon or take my eyes down from downfield too soon, or was it just a coverage sack where nobody was open and it was best to take the sack? And, of course, in this league, sometimes your guys upfront get beat. It happens. This is the NFL." He said the last comment about, "This is the NFL," like saying, "Hey, the defensive players get paid big money too."

It was a great interview. Wischusen did a great job.

Wischusen straight up asked, "Have you watched the film of all 10 INTs?"

Clemens responded, "Yes."

Wischusen - "Well of those 10, how many have you and the coaches deemed as your fault?"

Clemens answer, "5."

I lost respect for Clemens a little bit reading this exchange.

You're the QB, all 10 are your fault. BE A LEADER. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! They may not ACTUALLY be your fault, but you are the leader, say they are.

You're the QB, all 10 are your fault. BE A LEADER. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! They may not ACTUALLY be your fault, but you are the leader, say they are.

so if you're the QB - throwing a TD pass to J-Mac in the Ravens game - the ball goes in and out of his hands - you're going to say that was your bad?

I heard the interview. He wasn't pointing fingers, so much as saying five of the INTs were 100% poor throwing choices or bad throws. go jets

so if you're the QB - throwing a TD pass to J-Mac in the Ravens game - the ball goes in and out of his hands - you're going to say that was your bad?

I heard the interview. He wasn't pointing fingers, so much as saying five of the INTs were 100% poor throwing choices or bad throws. go jets

Privately ? Hell no.

Publicly.. DEFINITELY.

They may not be your fault, but say they are...telling a lie is not being a leader...you need to deal with fact..good or bad..

Clemens answer, "5."

Clemens answered it fine. He didn't blame jmac, the interviewer was specific in asking how many the coaches thought were his fault, and he answered. KC is a good QB, i'm glad we have him over each of the other 4 (including croyle).

Clemens answered it fine. He didn't blame jmac, the interviewer was specific in asking how many the coaches thought were his fault, and he answered. KC is a good QB, i'm glad we have him over each of the other 4 (including croyle).

Surprizingly Cutler hasn't done diddly-doo in Denver.

Privately ? Hell no.

Publicly.. DEFINITELY.

Oh so you should treat the public like morons and tell the truth in private. A leader tells it like it is. These are grown men, after all. It is like Lawrence Frank blaming himself for every Net loss. That kind of stuff rings pretty hollow. I prefer the straight skinny each and every time.

Surprizingly Cutler hasn't done diddly-doo in Denver.

Cutler played like a second year QB. Kellen did too. YOUNG did too. Year 3 will show what they have. Lets not forget that JAY had a better team and OL then Kellen did too this year. I think both will do fine next year. I expected more out of YOUNG this year. bad vibes about him now.

What happening with Young was exactly the negatives that scouts had on him when coming out of Texas..Limited field vision and will have difficulty reading NFL defenses..Running QB's in the NFL don't cut it..Everyone closes too fast and bring serious wood when they make contact which is why he is bumped up now..In time he will learn to stay home and read defenses through sheer game repetition but for near future..TD's to INT's will be ugly!

Archived